Reviews for He Came Along
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 3/11/2018
Well, I hadn’t seen that coming. She is going to flip her shit knowing the first person she nursed back to health, was the very man that killed her father. Holy crap!
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 3/11/2018
I absolutely love the life they’ve made together. They are truly equals. Her idea for the vegetable garden and his wanting her to teach him so that they can tend to it together. Then him wanting her to work with him at the clinic. All of it was wonderful. Now, the doctor from Guthrie was notified when Edward went to OKC with Bella. Is Edward expected to go there if there doctor needs time away as well? I don’t think Bella would survive it if he says he needs to go there, as she now knows these criminals have taken to killing and stealing along that route. Is the new man the new Sheriff? Did he suffer the very same fate that Charlie did?
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 3/11/2018
Another fun chapter. It was funny that the bed was banging against the wall and she did not notice. Too lost innher new found passion for her husband. Loved that. So wonderful of him to get her a whole new wardrobe. And, ihis justification made complete sense. She finally got her coat and gloves he’d wanted for her too. I love the idea of the China being sent to Edward from storage. I imagine with Emmett in with the rail service, that it would be next to nothing for the family to travel in a luxury car. Wonder if they will visit. I hope their return home is uneventful. The last time she went through there was the worst day of her life so far.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 3/11/2018
Once again, you’ve answered a question from my last review, lol. Thank you. A lonely widow and a young man away at college. It’s a whole lot better than a saloon girl. Loved her exploration of him. She was unabashedly curious and I loved it. Her, 'show me', was perfect. I also very much enjoyed their conversation and their shopping. Wonderful chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 3/11/2018
I love that you are answering my review questions in the very next chapters, lol. Just kidding, as this is obviously a completed fic and you aren’t reading my reviews years ahead of me writing them. Seriously though, you did that three chapters in a row. This one answered my question about why they had to go to OKC. It was to file their marriage license. Which made complete sense when I read it. That was a very lovely wedding night. He even made sure that she came before he entered. Such a gentleman. At his age, I imagine he’s had sex a few times. Wonder when she'll become curious about that.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 3/11/2018
Well then, you fixed it in this chapter. My review last chapter wondered why they were starting a courtship, when they’d already had all that time together. Thankfully, Alice suddenly wondered the same thing and set forth a great plane. Bessie was so happy to see Bella. That was cute. I loved Edward’s reaction to Bella being there. Stalking towards her with each question, after she said it was her home and she should be ther. Loved that they married that day. Why do they need to go to OKC? He said they’d make it befor sundown if they left soon. That part confused me. Thank you for the courting candle description and a bit of its history. Seinfeld as a courting candle. That was funny.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 3/11/2018
I can completely understand where her assumptions came from. Alice certainly had to know what was going on and yet she didn’t mention anything to Bella. Which, of course, only worked her up further. Not sure how I feel about Alice right now. I don’t blame Bella for going to the clinic and yelling at him. You scared me there for a minute with her asking for that train ticket though. Mr. Banner was fun and I really liked him. Especially since he pretty much hinted that the whole town was wondering when he’d realize what he had in Bella. Quasi complimenting him on finally pulling his head out of his ass. Why do they even need to bother with the courting? Can’t they just get married? It was not unheard of back then. He’ll, a lot of men sent away for their brides and once the train stopped, they went straight to the justice of the peace and were married. Also, if this family, the one that took him in when he first moved there, and he are so close, wouldn't he have introduced them to Bella by now? She’s been there a few months and even though she was his employee, they would have run into one another. That was odd.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 3/11/2018
Well, that really was hard to read the first half of the chapter. He’ll, even the middle part of it. He pushed her away and didn’t speak to her for quite a while. Then Bella and Alice see him with a beautiful woman, that kisses his cheek, saying she will expect his carriage at four to go to dinner, indicating that he’s courting her. Her split second decision to accept Michael's request to go to the dance. He was awful! The way he ignored her attempts at conversation. Then his holding her too tight on the dance floor. Creep. Where the hell were Alice and Jasper? They were supposed to be watching her. I was very glad she chose to dance with the others, as it was good for her. However, the damn creep came back and practically assaulted her on the dance floor. Again, where the hell were Jasper and Alice? That was awful. I’m glad that Edward stepped in when she needed it. His anger atbher for what he had done was ludicrous. Then the way he just grabbed her and stole her first kiss that way, made me mad at him. At least he asked the second time but, the damage was done, as they were in sight of half the town. Jasper breaking them apart. I wouldn’t be surprised if Michael comes by Edward’s home when he’s at the clinic and takes what is not his. The way his eyes widened when he heard her say she was the daughter of a lawman, Ames me wonder if Michael was one of the men that was there when her father was killed. I don’t like him.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 3/11/2018
He is battling those feelings for her something fierce. I loved Alice! Her introduction was wonderful. Her bringing up the social and saying exactly what she said at the perfect time. Was fantastic. Clearly Jasper knows of Edward’s feelings and he told him to hurry up or regret it. I really like that he has her helping him at the clinic now. I don’t think it was a drunken brawl at the saloon. I think it was something womanly. Perhaps one of the women fell pregnant and tried to not be any longer. I really liked that Bella realized her feelings in this chapter too. And, her departing words were perfect. Hopefully, it was clear enough for Edward.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 3/11/2018
Twenty-two hours of sleep. Wow, she needed that. I liked that Edward sat a spoke to her. I was glad that he admitted that he should’ve asked Mr. Whitlock to take her to stay with them, as I had wondered why he hadn’t. Now we know he simply hadn’t thought of it. I bet he will from now on. His advice on sticking to cleaning the home only. He said 'our home', squee. I don’t think he even noticed he did so. I really liked that he asked her to ride along with him to check on the patient. Good news on Tyler’s leg. A very grateful family, that is for sure. Then taking her to see her father’s final resting place was a wonderful thing for him to do. Him being teary eyed from watching her sadness, gah. I hope one of them makes a move to the other. Although, I have a feeling he won’t because he’s convinced himself not to and she won’t because she won’t cross the employer/employee line.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 3/10/2018
That was nice to have his point of view. It was good to learn that he has had feelings for her since they first met but, he didn’t know what they were. That he didn’t expect them to blossom into love. I like reading a wee bit of his life before moving there. That his sster's husband convinced him to move there. We learned that it is James and he is downright scary. How have the fathers of these girls not come to kill him for what he promises and then what happens to them? I would think after one, the town would be Leary but, sounds like he is getting away with many, many women and young girls too. That sickened me. Him coming home to exactly what I feared he would, was not good. She had run herself ragged. He took care of her and realized his love for her. What is nine years between them? Back then they married sixteen year olds off to widowed forty plus year olds. That is far worse. I’m glad he’s set the town right and they are aware that she works for him and that she’s in the barn. I have a feeling that more suitors will knock on his door. He’s cast himself aside already, without even asking her for her own opinion. How very New Moon of him to decide for her.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 3/10/2018
Oh wow, she’s falling apart. That is so very sad that she is so alone. I know they don’t know each other at all but, it would’ve been wonderful if Mr. Whitlock to invite her to stay with him and his wife while Edward couldn’t make it home. Highly unusual, I know. Especially since not even Edward knows she is working herself to the bone, not eating and not sleeping. He’s going to come home to her passed out from illness. Her hands ruined from all the cleaning. Ther is no way her hands aren’t destroyed with everything she’s done in her state of mind.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 3/10/2018
Very smart of her to insist she sleep in the servants quarters. I have a feeling, he will be modifying those quarters a bit soon. Adding a water closet in that barn being one of the things. If it doesn’t already have one. And, if she mentions the bed being too firm, I bet it wouldn’t be come that first nightfall after he learned of it. It seems Mrs. Alice Whitlock is quite kind after all. Sending clothes along with Edward, was very nice. I like that she’s the midwife and has just had a baby herself. That means she gets around to all of the ladies in town. If needed, she may squash any rumors that may try to get started, if she hears them, regarding Edward and Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 3/10/2018
I can understand the one man, whomever he was, saying that she can’t stay in the Sheriff's home, as they need to hire another and that home is their enticement. However, I don’t understand the throwing her out on her ass thought process. Wouldn’t there be a church family nearby that could take her in until she got a job? Or, an older couple that could use help in their home, in trade for room and board? Maybe those options came up after she tidied up and left? I was so scared for her when she came across the man in the street. The man tha basically caused her to wander out of town and stay five days in a lien-to. At least she found some food and shelter. I was glad she made her way back into town but, then she ran into the ass again. So glad that Edward popped in at the right time. His job offer is perfect. The townsfolk can’t consider her a kept woman, if she is working for him, right? Or will that tarnish her reputation anyway? I sincerely hope there is an Alice that goes with this Mr. Whitlock. More importantly, that she is as kind as her husband was. And, hopefully welcoming.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 3/10/2018
Recounting her story to Mayor Whitlock was so hard on her. She never saw the faces but, I bet she'll never forget the voice she heard. Seems Dr. Cullen may be taken with Bella. Seems Mayor Whitlock May have noticed it too. Of course I could be reading too much between the lines. Didn’t expect the ending part of this chapter at all. Color me surprised about her dream.
4,758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »