Reviews for The Price is Right
Plot Bull chapter 1 . 11/11
First, english parents raising children outside their own receive a stipend from the english government. Literally no reason for GG to get involved with that mess.
Second, dumping all your available funds into a war effort to put down wizard natzism is probably the most heroic and mature thing HP fans have ever made James do.
In America we just call 'em war bonds, and it's literly just dumping capital into the government to provide the needed financial support to make a meaningful difference in a given conflict. Something that James wouldn't need to do if his side of the war had MONEY besides his own. Dumbles is a half blood and a school teacher, whereas Voldie$ boy'$ $hit gold every morning.
If you actually had to put up with some large sum of money being mishandled by your parents/relatives/girlfriend, you would know just how dumb money sinks can be.
Like a textiles shop paid for by your college fund, and you brother's college fund, and you sisters college funds, etc. It sucks.

But aside from all that it's well written. Doesn't mean you didn't step in half a dozen fandom generated cliches.
1. POTTER MC MONEYBAGS.
2. Inherited seats of government.
3. Evil Dumbledore. Guess wizard Hitler's not quite good enough for now.
4. Helpful golblins. Rowling's Jew expy. Jews are great, their food is delicious, I kind of wish my mother was Jewish. But goblins are hateful, racist little ba$terds who hate wizards above all other things on this earth.
I love that some people are good inside and can be professional, but it's just jarring.
5. Magical inheritance. Weasley's would be the Moneybags if this was an actual thing.

Normally I read the entire story (everything written) before leaving a review, but the over use of the old adage of "Abe Lincoln was a slave owner! I do what I want!" Is painful. Using the fandom generated personas of characters is caving into the pear pressure of a bunch of 14 year olds that don't understand what made them relatable, enjoyable characters to read about in the first place.

Structurally the story is great, but anyone can take a cookie cutter evil Dumbledore or douchebag James and slap a Snarky yet Ignorant Harry on top and call it a story. I should probably just stop looking for something different in the HP section...

Well, hope you have a great thanksgiving. With food, and heat.
TrinityTempest chapter 9 . 11/11
Hi, so I'm just a random passerbyer that decided to reread your story. This time i noticed that in a funny way that ERISED's description is like that semi of Tom Riddle's actually. Or to me it does. Just decided to mention that cause it could have been accidental or maybe you left this little detail there hoping someone would trip on it, or you decided it'd be fun. Well, if you read thus far, I thank you for your time and have a good day.
Mintley8 chapter 9 . 10/23
Interesting & awesome story, thank you x
Anonomous poop chapter 9 . 10/21
Omg! The feels! I'm literally crying rn
sondrex76 chapter 3 . 10/15
I got tired of grammar errors and began writing down the ones I noticed halfway through chapter three.
Sorry for not starting earlier, I was tired(still am)
I have math I am supposed to prepare for tomorrow, and it's ...wait it's 00:01...I need to sleep, nice fanfic.
Here's the grammar errors I found this chapter(after the first half)
- 3
- "how reach the" - "how to reach the"
- "distracting with hoarding" - "distracted with hoarding"
- "as called out their names" - "as he called out their names"
- "hint of grimace" - "hint of a grimace"
- "Professor went back" - "The professor went back"
- "Spend all days with your nose in those books" - "Spends all your days with your nose in those books"
- "a Earl" - "an Earl"

Nice chapter and interesting fanfic so far.
YUKINORYU18 chapter 9 . 10/12
I LOVED!
Kimmytrainer chapter 9 . 10/10
What an odd ending! I'm perfectly okay with it, though. This story was highly amusing XD thanks for writing it!
Kimmytrainer chapter 8 . 10/10
Hmm I like your AN about Snape. He's my favorite HP character, followed closely by the lovely Luna Lovegood. After that is a tie between Hermione once she grows out of her overbearing know-it-all phase and becomes strong-willed and feisty (around when she punches Draco in the face, I'd say), and Neville Longbottom, who is quite a bit like myself. Anyway, I appreciate a well thought out Snape more than just about anything. It's a pity he doesn't show up more in this story.
Kimmytrainer chapter 7 . 10/10
This is better than watching The Amanda Show as a kid, and that was damn hilarious!
Kimmytrainer chapter 6 . 10/10
Lol that chapter ending. Harry is so cool, doing all this awesome stuff, but he's also so ODD. It's a great mix XD Loonier than Luna, I'd say (not that I don't adore Luna). Hope he gets to meet Mad-Eye; what a comparison of paranoia levels that would be!
Kimmytrainer chapter 5 . 10/10
Sweet, Hermione's becoming more manageable. Glad they're friendly now.
Kimmytrainer chapter 4 . 10/10
I love me a semi-friendly Snape
Kimmytrainer chapter 3 . 10/10
Omg between Hufflepuff-induced paranoia and an extreme sppreciation for Snape's demeanor... that was just brilliant XD
Kimmytrainer chapter 2 . 10/10
Wasn't sure if he'd end up in Slytherin, so I'm happy he didn't get stuck with Draco.
mikewj93 chapter 4 . 10/9
this chapter was very confusing. it started with a present activity, then shifted to a related flashback, returned to the present. then there was an unrelated flashback, which then turned into a scene which i'm not sure was in the present or in the past.
1,083 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »