Reviews for Boys Are Stupid!
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
God, I could so see this occurring with this family. It's so B&B. I like that you made Christine to be the best of both parents, but here she tends to be more Boothy. I like that. I like how he reacts Boothy as well, that he's the one who says boys are stupid, he lets her cry it out, soothes her, & decides scaring the boy a bit would be a good thing...love protective Booth. Great story.
kataang0508 chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
The ending... oh, my gosh! I laughed so hard. It was perfect, simply perfect... and so Booth. You did a great job!
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Love it. You should write a sequel to this one. Booth scaring Brody sounds like a great story idea. The guy is a sleaze and Booth is just the man to make him see what a frickin loser he is.
SamA18 chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Make a second chapter I wanna know what happens
delia84 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Oh, you've written this so well — nailing both Booth and Brennan's reactions! Poor Christine, but glad Booth is there to walk her through it and listen (without providing less-than-helpful-but-well-meaning-Brennan advice).
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Wonderful story!
Covalent Bond chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
There are a lot of stories that I didn't review when they came out because there was a death in my family and then it was finals. So my goal over the next couple of days is to catch up on those stories that I missed. Yours is one on that list. :D

What I loved about this was the way Christine was working out her frustration in a very Boothy way - pounding it out - and the way Booth was so proud of his daughter. What boy would not want to be with his amazing girl? That was followed immediately by Booth's fatherly complaint that "boys are stupid," LOL! (I love it that the title of this story comes from Booth, not from Christine.) But wait, wasn't he a boy once...? :P

I loved Brennan's implied pep talk that elevated Christine so far above the idiot who didn't deserve her. It's interesting that Christine seemed angry and didn't appreciate it, even though that is what (good) parents do. Find fault, say we're better off without that (fill-in-the-unflattering-blank) in our lives. We can do better. We deserve better. Why don't we want to hear that...? Because it's true that we sort of need that kind of affirmation and yet it never seems to go over very well.

Maybe because Brennan didn't give Christine a chance to just cry and be held. (That's the secret weapon Booth has always employed.) It always works wonders, here included.

Christine's self esteem and wisdom were evident in the reason she broke up with the boyfriend. Finding out the real hurt was in how that ... jerk ... was so jerkish after she refused to cave in to sex just to "keep" him (what a loser, and he probably has no idea how big of a loser he really is!) was heartbreaking. Poor Christine. I'm with Brennan all the way, all of a sudden: that's right, that jerk will indeed end up embezzling from McDonald's based on his questionable ethics. She's not wrong!

But then a moment later you had me laughing with Booth's apology. "I apologize for all boys everywhere." Yes, there's hope that some of them will grow into wonderful men. Just ... not this Brody character. ;)

Being a teen isn't easy, but it sure helps to have the world's greatest parents. The way you've written this makes me quite envious of Christine.

Happy holidays!
Chem
Spitfire303 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
nice :-)
readwriteandbelieve chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Booth WOULD.
givesup chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
I can’t even explain to you the amount of giddiness that consumed me
upon realizing that YOU were my Secret Santa! How freaking perfect is
that?! In all honestly, you being my SS is probably the BEST thing
that’s happened to me in…let’s just say awhile! I’m so proud of you
putting yourself out there and allowing the world to witness your
AMAZING talent. Now onto the review!

This Booth and Christine scenario is everything I wanted it to be and
MORE. Just the thought of Booth being a loving, caring, gentle father
to his teenage daughter just sends me over the edge. I nearly cannot
even handle it.

Your very first line captured me with the detail. Love the fact that
it’s winter and the snow crunching under his feet parallels perfectly
with the descriptions of his frustrations. You know how much I love
snow. I’m like a dog…. Have you even seen a dog in the snow? It’s
comical. I love love love how much Christine is like Booth. I love the
details and descriptions of her – her pony tail, sweating, and the
detail you gave about her martial arts training. So so good.

The scene of Booth folding his arms against his chest watching his
daughter. Arms and chest. Arms and chest. Arms and chest. Arms and
chest….. Nuff said.

One of my favorite lines: ‘“Yes, she did.” His tender dad voice
echoed in the open garage.’ – sigh, sigh, sigh.

Them meeting eyes and laughing together. The easiness of it all is so
heartwarming. Booth is such an amazing dad and this moment reminded me
of me and my dad. I’ve always been closer to my dad than my mom. There
is something so incredibly special about the bond between and father
and daughter. It really makes me gush….especially when it’s Booth and
Christine.

Then when Christine breaks down crying….the obvious trust she has with
her Dad, letting her emotions go. Booth just being there for her – so
so sweet.

Another favorite line: ‘He’d learned a long time ago that his women
were not to be pushed.’ –Little hint of early Booth and Brennan. Loved
that.

And then that moment when Booth calls her Chrissie. Can we just have a
moment to bask in the adorableness of that?

Loooove Christine’s reaction when Booth asks her if it was about sex.
It so totally shows that you have teenage daughters, lol. That
reaction was spot on! I couldn’t help but be reminded of Booth and
Brennan’s classic conversation about making love when Booth was
telling Christine that making love to someone isn’t a casual thing.
Booth’s heart is still the same.

“Like you and mom?” – Booth-0 Christine -1 LOL

But I do love Booth’s explanation. Telling her that she knew that
there were circumstances which prevented him and Brennan from getting
together sooner. This means that his relationship history with her mom
was discussed before. I can totally imagine Booth telling her the
story, and Christine totally loving it.

Booth pulling Christine onto his lap and telling her that she’s not to
big but just the right size for his lap is just about the sweetest
thing I’ve ever read in my entire life! You could have written that
one line alone for this entire story and it would have satisfied
everything that I was looking for. Brilliant!

Two more favorite lines: ‘”Like you knew when you found Mom?” “Yeah,
like I knew when I found Mom.” - Loooord I can’t even express how
amazing that is. Just…. Love. So much.

Booth leaving the garage back into the crisp winter air – wonderful
detail. I love winter. It’s my favorite.

I so loved my Secret Santa fic. I couldn’t have written a better one
for myself! In all seriousness…this was just what I wanted AND needed.
Thanks so much, Mom.

Love
Me :)
jazzyproz chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
I love this! Not only did we get Protective!Booth but we got Protective!DaddyBooth! Well done! I'm sure GivesUp loved her present!
Merry Christmas!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
you go booth, scare the crap out of the little snot... (sorry, not very mature of me, but seriously, well yeah, you get where i'm going!)

poor bones 'mum', she tries so hard, but yrs of hiding her feelings, wrapping them up into a scientific way of viewing things, did protect her when no one else was around to do that for her, being alone in the cruel world of abusive foster care, (yes, i know not all carers are like that),
family abandoned her, ostracised coz she learnt being intelligent wasn't a bad thing & it protected her, not letting anyone put her down, would have been the hardest thing in the world to not only learn to live by, but also keep this going well into adult hood, as she's stayed on the path of being the best at anything she tries & her intelligence is something no-one can take away from her, but look at it the other way, she would have seen & taken notice of others around her, having an easy social life, but you can't undo yrs of keeping feelings detached, hidden away so no-one can hurt, what they can't touch, but the flip side is, 'you live on the world or pass thru it, without making much of a personal mark', and that right there is her downfall...
but i say she's done remarkably well, to raise christine, help raise parker thru his teens, early twenties, and her husband 'faithful & happy', being with her, where as other mite judge her 'how does she have a faithful husband, who's loving only her, well they share common bonds...

'she does have it all', as booth's inner thoughts were: chrissy is a mix of both her parents, it gives her a massive advantage over her mum...

anyway enough of my tangent, loved this fic... not sure if you want to take it further ?
like maybe 'big brother parker', going all in defence of his sister
or 'chrissy getting the attention, of a much better, much more deserving suitor, one whom will not only respect her & her decisions, but also admires her for her choices & her intelligence'... coz both mum & dad will love that...heeheeheehee!
& lastly, dad, was totally on point, when he said, wot boys of that age, constantly think of, coz your description, of wot chrissy had to witness, near her locker, proves her dad & mum's points, the boy wasn't worthy of her & was only interested in sex...
a really great fic... pretty please give us more... Caroline, Melbourne, Australia.
BitOBonesFluff chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
perfect. perfect. perfectly perfect.
luvthembones chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Love this, and the last line. Terrific. Almost feel sorry for Brody... almost. Great characterization of the three of them. Felt very familiar and in character.
EverythingEventually chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Fabulously sweet! Great job.