Reviews for The Institute Saga II
RHJunior chapter 3 . 3/13
again I've got to gripe about the "alien DNA" trope here. I'll keep it simple: if Superman really had backward-spiraling, 4 strand DNA, he would have starved to death. DNA contains the instructions needed for an organism to develop, survive and reproduce. To carry out these functions, DNA sequences must be converted into messages that can be used to produce proteins, which are the complex molecules that do most of the work in our bodies.

If kryptonian DNA was 4 stranded and spiraled in reverse, the proteins which it created would be utterly chemically different from anything on earth. At the very least they would produce "mirror" proteins composed of D-Amino acids, while terran life is composed of L-amino acids. IWhich means he would be unable to digest the proteins in terran food./i Baby Kal El would eat and eat and eat, and he would starve to death right there in Ma Kent's lap- assuming the chemical compounds in our food didn't simply instantly poison and kill him.
Khalthar chapter 15 . 9/6/2015
There is Rule 34. And THEN there is Rule 35!

But one must NEVER forget Rule number 4!
MadHat886 chapter 18 . 3/4/2015
Good fic
Hebi R chapter 6 . 2/22/2015
Right now, at this moment, I love you.
Ivanjedi chapter 31 . 2/2/2015
Oh man, a Summers making a dig about someone else's screwed up family tree?
I can't believe I managed to miss this one on the first read :D :D
That being said, aside from things happening a bit too fast at times, pretty good story; I especially like the fact Clark isn't refusing to share his tech when it would do some good, even if entrusting the kryptonite to SHIELD was a little overboard
Galeiam chapter 2 . 9/17/2014
GAH! I knew this was coming, I just freaking knew it.
Most annoying thing where kyrptonite is introduced in a story.
Beast Mode92 chapter 32 . 9/6/2014
loved it
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 19 . 8/17/2014
Okay. CRITICAL flaw in your writing. Everything happens too damned fast, particularly the emotional things. Kara and Kon (what relation is he to Kara? Who are his parents? How would he have full Clark levels of invulnerability? And why in the name of sanity would he immediately accept a new name and be adopted by someone whose nappies he's once changed) seem to completely accept that Krypton's gone.

Also 'Kon-El' means 'Abomination of the House of El'. Not exactly top of the baby names book.

There's also the whole thing with Rogue. She has enormous trust issues to begin with and she's just accepting all of this?

You don't explore the emotional consequences enough, and thereby, character. Hell, you don't explore the consequences full stop. You just jump from one situation to another, doing whatever you think sounds cool.

It's a good concept and you have some excellent ideas (Clark/Mystique? Absolutely zero build up, but at the very least, an interesting concept), including a few that, personally, I wish that I had had. But you're rushing it.

Also, there's lots of niggling little errors.

In summary, your story is 6/10. Concept, 9/10.
Jose19 chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
The only problems in recreating the Kryptonians is the chance of some of them turning to Evil, and being as powerful as they are they would be difficult to stop them.
Jose19 chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
This story sort of intrigues me because of the involvement of Superman but I still the Hulk can give Superman a run for his money because the angrier he gets the stronger he gets, and Thor outright beats him because he is vulnerable to magic, and it can kill him, and the Hammer of Thor is mystical in nature, and it has magical properties.
KnightlyDreamer chapter 32 . 7/13/2014
Can not wait for the final product
So SIKED!
HotaruSama00 chapter 31 . 5/3/2014
I quite enjoyed this series and look forward to the eventual third installment.
Bobboky chapter 31 . 4/11/2014
very good work
KnightlyDreamer chapter 31 . 3/29/2014
Can not wait till IS3 is published
Tangent chapter 24 . 3/25/2014
Nice to see Clark and Pete on top of Spin Control.

Looks like that leak from Senetor Kelly's office might backfire... -