Reviews for The Institute Saga II
CrimsonDomi chapter 17 . 2/17
Alright: First things first: The story's told really well so far, but...
The part of me that is a total geek and chemistry student is recoiling from the "QNA" bit. I think somebody else in the reviews already moaned about the four-stranded, reversed bit, so I'll just complain about the name:
DNA stands for Desoxyribonucleic Acid (the N's from nucleic), with desoxyribose being the sugar used for the outer part of the "ladder" of the double-helix, and the nucleic acid in question the "step".
... which means QNA, regardless of it's impossibility, doesn't make any sense as a name, especially the way Sinister uses it here. The "D" doesn't stand for double, so the "Q" can't stand for quadruple - and I can't think of an appropriate chemical compound with q in the name, either, though granted, it's half past midnight where I am right now and my last biochem lecture was some time ago and I didn't exactly cross-check in any database, so... there might be, but I think it's unlikely, from what I remember. Make no mistake, though, that's a basic enough mistakes some high schoolers might catch it, and it's really, really annoying me. It makes me even more twitchy than the fake elements I know are the bread and butter of superhero science in the Marvel verse, but... ugh... additional elements in the atomic mass ranges they're suggesting should be radioactive with life-spans of under a second, dammit...
Again, now the story has ended. But this needs pointing out.

*And with Ororo, Logan, Pietro, Clark and Martha around *

I think you meant Pjotr rather than Pietro, who's still working for his dad
vysirez chapter 14 . 10/4/2016
I know this is old, and the story is long since past this, but it makes no sense that Magneto would be able to hold Supergirl with steel. It doesn't matter how much force Magneto can apply, the steel itself is insufficient to hold Supergirl. She could just rip through the steel, and pretty much ignore it.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/25/2016
Wait a minute...Wait A Minute!... Is this Clystique?
RHJunior chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
again I've got to gripe about the "alien DNA" trope here. I'll keep it simple: if Superman really had backward-spiraling, 4 strand DNA, he would have starved to death. DNA contains the instructions needed for an organism to develop, survive and reproduce. To carry out these functions, DNA sequences must be converted into messages that can be used to produce proteins, which are the complex molecules that do most of the work in our bodies.

If kryptonian DNA was 4 stranded and spiraled in reverse, the proteins which it created would be utterly chemically different from anything on earth. At the very least they would produce "mirror" proteins composed of D-Amino acids, while terran life is composed of L-amino acids. IWhich means he would be unable to digest the proteins in terran food./i Baby Kal El would eat and eat and eat, and he would starve to death right there in Ma Kent's lap- assuming the chemical compounds in our food didn't simply instantly poison and kill him.
Khalthar chapter 15 . 9/6/2015
There is Rule 34. And THEN there is Rule 35!

But one must NEVER forget Rule number 4!
MadHat886 chapter 18 . 3/4/2015
Good fic
Hebi R chapter 6 . 2/22/2015
Right now, at this moment, I love you.
Ivanjedi chapter 31 . 2/2/2015
Oh man, a Summers making a dig about someone else's screwed up family tree?
I can't believe I managed to miss this one on the first read :D :D
That being said, aside from things happening a bit too fast at times, pretty good story; I especially like the fact Clark isn't refusing to share his tech when it would do some good, even if entrusting the kryptonite to SHIELD was a little overboard
Galeiam chapter 2 . 9/17/2014
GAH! I knew this was coming, I just freaking knew it.
Most annoying thing where kyrptonite is introduced in a story.
Beast Mode92 chapter 32 . 9/6/2014
loved it
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 19 . 8/17/2014
Okay. CRITICAL flaw in your writing. Everything happens too damned fast, particularly the emotional things. Kara and Kon (what relation is he to Kara? Who are his parents? How would he have full Clark levels of invulnerability? And why in the name of sanity would he immediately accept a new name and be adopted by someone whose nappies he's once changed) seem to completely accept that Krypton's gone.

Also 'Kon-El' means 'Abomination of the House of El'. Not exactly top of the baby names book.

There's also the whole thing with Rogue. She has enormous trust issues to begin with and she's just accepting all of this?

You don't explore the emotional consequences enough, and thereby, character. Hell, you don't explore the consequences full stop. You just jump from one situation to another, doing whatever you think sounds cool.

It's a good concept and you have some excellent ideas (Clark/Mystique? Absolutely zero build up, but at the very least, an interesting concept), including a few that, personally, I wish that I had had. But you're rushing it.

Also, there's lots of niggling little errors.

In summary, your story is 6/10. Concept, 9/10.
Jose19 chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
The only problems in recreating the Kryptonians is the chance of some of them turning to Evil, and being as powerful as they are they would be difficult to stop them.
Jose19 chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
This story sort of intrigues me because of the involvement of Superman but I still the Hulk can give Superman a run for his money because the angrier he gets the stronger he gets, and Thor outright beats him because he is vulnerable to magic, and it can kill him, and the Hammer of Thor is mystical in nature, and it has magical properties.
KnightlyDreamer chapter 32 . 7/13/2014
Can not wait for the final product
So SIKED!