Reviews for Digimon re:CONNECT
Iris RainbowWolf chapter 2 . 4/30/2014
more please!
No. XIII chapter 2 . 1/10/2014
Great chapter! By the way this is just a suggestion, after you done with this story you could make a sequel to re: GENESIS like how digimon adventure 02 was to digimon adventure 01. It has a lot of potential like the story I'm reading now.
No. XIII chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Great chapter! I can't wait to read more.
RazenX chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
So here we are at re:Connect at last. I would have reviewed sooner but December was a pretty busy month for me so I haven't really had a chance to review until now.

So far, I am really impressed by re:con. These first two chapters are a huge leap in quality for the first two chapters of re:Gen. The descriptions of the city and the various locals painted a vivid picture in my mind. Perhaps more importantly, all four of the (revealed) main characters have fleshed out personalities and natural interactions with each other. While I felt re:gen struggled in the beginning with showing the characters' personalities, your writing in re:con expresses the personalities of its leads with little difficulty.

Story-wise, this story is very much the Tamers to re:Gen's Adventure. This opening was far slower, especially with the tiered introductions of the leads and no one being quite sure of the plot yet, compared to Deekamon telling all the characters (sans Luke) what the situation. All of this works well, since it means we get a better chance to grow attached to the characters individually and gives way to more surprises in the plot.

While there hasn't been anything overly dark or mature yet, the focus on older protagonists gives Re:con an older, more mature feel. The older cast, who are not necessarily fighting for their lives on a daily basis like the Re:Gen kids, gives a lot of room for more developed characters and better interactions. The Re:gen kids got along pretty well and bonded quickly due to the high level of danger and all being strangers in a new place, Re:Con's protagonists leave a lot more room for conflict, and as chapter two showed, they are going to be all best buddies immediately, it will take work like in real life. Capitalizing on the conflict between characters would be a great route to take in this story.

I apologize if all the re:gen comparisons got old after a while. If it sounded like I was knocking re:gen, that wasn't my intention as I thoroughly enjoyed re:gen (as my many reviews showed haha). It was mainly to show how you have improved in your writing since early Re:gen and to say I am enjoying the different take Re:Con gives readers.

As always, I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter of your work, and can't wait for more-X
Fired Feathers of a Pheonix chapter 2 . 12/20/2013
Okay. First reaction:
GYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, I cannot believe re:CONNECT is here! I have to say, Xander is pretty awesome. Natalie is cool, but I LOVE XANDER! He's just cool, in a punk rock sort of way. Natalie is more adorable than cool. Raumon is one, super-fly plague bird. I love his design and his character is just too funny. A little plague bird that likes to read. How cute? And I love how Desmon and Xander get along. Despite his "too-cool-for-school" attitude, he still shows his affection for his friend and I LOVE IT. Desmon goes really well with him, they're amazing partners.

Now. The story.

It's way different from re:GENESIS, which I really wasn't expecting. I guess real VS digital world would be very different. I didn't expect them to be able to drive and all that cool stuff, but I don't know why. I guess their ages kind of gives that away, but eh. Anywho, I'm really siked to figure out what Yasyamon was after and why Digimon like Saberdramon are in the city. I am so excited to meet your other characters. Knowing you, they're going to be FRICKIN awesome. XD I am so excited for the Digimon. Especially Hulimon. He looks so amazing.

Also, I saw on your deviant page your "My Eyes" picture. I really don't want Raumon to be sad... he's so cute. But shout out to "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog". :3

Although, I do admit. I miss Julian and Faris and Andrea and Tobi... especially Simon. I really miss Simon. And Luke. Luke was so cute. ...I really hate to say this, but I don't miss Emily. She never really stuck out to me, I guess. But ANYWAY. I miss re:GENESIS. :(

But I am content with re:CONNECT. I cannot wait for the story to progress. Have happy holidays, Deekamon. :D Keep writing!

-FFoaP
Dramon Creator chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
When I heard Reconnect was out, it felt like a new season of the show started. Keep up the good work!