Reviews for The Long Road Home
alibabwa chapter 28 . 7/20
I adored this story when I first read it and decided to do a reread. It remains one of my favorites. So beautifully and carefully written, the characterization of Daryl and Carol is just wonderful. You crafted a gorgeous, engaging story. I look firward to rereading it again
The Good Girl chapter 28 . 5/7
OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME
BEST FIC I'VE EVER READ.

UGH.

NO WORDS.

Carol and Daryl forever. I'm dying. Are you going to write another long fic like this again? Please, please do. Your writing. GAHH! EVERYTHING! THANK YOU FOR THIS!
Avide chapter 9 . 2/22
this story really works to be true to the characters - that's impressive. i appreciate it a lot.
Amalynn John chapter 28 . 2/11
Saying that I loved this story would be an understatement. Words cannot describe how I adored it. The characterization were on point and the imagery was astounding. I couldn't even stop to review each chapter because I just had to get to the next one. I don't think I have read a better progression of Daryl and Carol's relationship than this. It was so beautiful and agonizing in the best way. I loved so many of your little details, my favourite one was near the beginning where Daryl is still in the clinic and they are eating dinner at a table both still so unsure. Daryl thinks she wants him to leave and says he'll be off in the morning and Carol fumbles her glass...I LOVED that and it hit me right in the gut. I could feel what they were feeling always and the visualization was perfect. I loved all you characters Ali, Matt, and Red particularly. Their reunion with Rick and the others was well done as well! Thank you so much for this beautiful tale.
WickedBlue chapter 28 . 1/24
Wow, that was beautiful, so awesome and so captivating. I love it. Especially how you captured Daryl and how they "rushed" into things. You really brightened up my Sunday. Thank you so much for writing and finishing this.
chemfemme chapter 11 . 1/19
This chapter in particular stuck in my mind and pulled me back to reread the whole story. The setting, the quiet tone, how you've written their friendship; altogether, this chapter just gets to me.
UA chapter 17 . 1/18
Oh my God, my heart.

Love this and them so much.

What rock have I been hiding under these past few years?

I'm so glad I discovered TWD and this wonderful duo recently.

Off to read more.

Shae
Foreverglfan88 chapter 28 . 12/9/2014
Aww that was great! I read it all the way through!
Appello chapter 28 . 11/11/2014
I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this story! It was exactly what I was searching for, all this time.

I've been reading it slowly over the last couple of days. To me, the mark of a brilliantly written story is when I stop every few sentences just to savour the words and scene created, and I did that practically the whole way through this. So kudos to you for your wonderful writing, excellent characterisation, and beautifully rendered idea.

You write Daryl and Carol so perfectly. Their interactions, their hesitation, their tenderness, it was all just so on point. Watching their relationship grow, I could actually imagine this all going down. In fact, if the tv show ends up disappointing me and going in a direction I dislike, I think I'll just return to this story and imagine this is how it all unfolded. Because that would be just fine with me :D

You're a wonderful writer, and I'm so grateful that you shared this with us. Thank you.
Y chapter 28 . 11/3/2014
Thank you for the beautiful angst.
Caryl relation growth was well potrayed.
I adore how strong and reliable Carol has become. Even more graceful with the scars.
Cherokee rose episode had me almost choked up.

I wish you and the muse well, hopefully seeing another Caryl story out from you. :-)
soniabell chapter 28 . 10/26/2014
Beautiful story, thank you for sharing it.
soniabell chapter 2 . 10/25/2014
These two have always tugged at my heart, both so broken.
bearhead chapter 27 . 10/15/2014
Okay this is probably my sixth time reading this story and I just now noticed Rose and Bernard! Is that a subtle Lost reference or a complete coincidence?!
Anyways, still my favorite Caryl fic of all time! I'm sure I'll read it again in the near future!
Aberacadaera chapter 17 . 10/12/2014
What Even is life
Okay
BehindTheRainbow chapter 28 . 8/10/2014
Love this kind of epilogues, something I'm sure we won't have on the show...
great story, read it all the way in a few hours!