Reviews for Hell on High Water
Heidi82 chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
A great story!
I was sure that Bella was imagining Jasper, that in fact Bella was unconscious and saw the ghost of Jasper who had passed away years before in another race :)

Thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
this story makes no sense. Sydney to Hobart is not a solo race. There is no way a solo sailor could take part, even if rules permitted, as the length of the race (3 to 5 or more days, depending on the size and speed of the yacht) is not feasible for a solo sailor, as they would need to be awake and on deck actively sailing in very dangerous waters 24 hours a day.
shc92 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Absolutely loved!
Sammy chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Great story and use of theme, it was really good :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Good effort, but ruined by the fact that Sydney to Hobart is not a solo race. One look at the website will show you that the crew minimum is 6 people.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
I liked this. Good luck in the contest. :)
debslmac chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
loved this
BelleBiter chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Well, that made my heart beat faster. Thanks for the yarn full of adventure, a brave Bella, and good luck in the contest :)
sophiacorgi chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Amazing entry. Very well written. Good luck in the contest!
dpennell007 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I really liked this story! Tension throughout the race, remembering lessons taught by her dad, experiencing love with sacrifice, and having a dream almost fulfilled. The fact that it's based on a real incident makes it even more powerful.
kathdan chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I loved this story. You read so few that are set in our wonderful country. This brought back so many memories of that fateful race. I don't follow sailing at all but it would be un-Australian to not watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart on Boxing Day! I was glued to the tv for the next few days, my heart breaking for all those poor sailors who lost their life. You did a fantastic job writing this and good luck in the competition.
Kath
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Beautiful!
Maplestyle chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
My heart was pounding the whole time I read this. Good luck in the contest!