Reviews for Sum of the Whole
Mumas47 chapter 21 . 4/4
It's the Easter Hols and whilst having a few days off from work to be with my wife and son I stumbled across this story and what joy!

A truly lovely story (if a wee bit repetitive) but wonderfully written with beautiful characterisation. This is the first time I have read anything written but you and I wanted to drop you a note before reading your other works. Well done and thank you for taking the time to put 'pen to paper' so to speak.
halfbadgirl chapter 21 . 3/9
How did I miss this wonderful expose on the bruising journey of self awareness and the hope of salvation in choosing to live authentically? Shame on me. I'm just ecstatic that I finally found it. It is psychologically astute, emotionally enlightening, and sensually satisfying. Simply wonderful. A beautiful Rizzles nexus.

And the scene with the older Red Sox fan reveling in the joy of a new love dawning in an age of burgeoning loving freedom and expanding acceptance was simply a crowning touch, the unnecessary but greatly appreciated addition of a delectable bing cherry balanced atop an already wonderfully rich and complex culinary delight.

That one vignette helped to spotlight the indisputable truth that, despite the incredible social and cultural progress made in the past thirty years which continues to overcome many external bigotries with regards to human sexuality and gender identification, the challenge of facing one's own internal bigotries, sensitivities, personal identity bogeymen, and often conflicting logic remains an existential challenge endured by so very many of us (perhaps even the majority of us) regardless of our age, upbringing, intellect and/or social circumstance. And, although this battle must ultimately be waged and endured privately by the one seeking her own true Self, your story demonstrates that the loving arms of one's Other can embrace and uplift her with boundless strength and joy. Absolutely as many times as she needs it.

I, for one, take comfort knowing that, even in the zero-chance event that Maura had not reciprocated Jane's romantic feelings, Jane would have been nevertheless freed from her own self-imposed identity imprisonment. Her journey was always worth the agony.

Thank you for posting this exercise in being human.
headto chapter 21 . 3/9
Lovely story. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
teolson40 chapter 21 . 3/6
This is the first time I've left a review. Your story touched me deeply. My understanding of my love for my wife is fuller after reading this. Well done and thank you!
Midge Bowman chapter 1 . 2/21
I love reading your stories. Please continue .
youngAlPacino chapter 21 . 2/9
I love the way you write!
Mo Phillips chapter 21 . 1/22
Just re-read Sum... and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.

I am reading through all your R&I fic while waiting for Mistletoe and Marmite to reach it's conclusion. I'm doing this for two reasons. First, I realised I appreciate your stories more if I read them as a whole instead of in instalments. Second, you're just so good that spending time reading you again is time well spent.

You're just so good.

So, take your time but please know that someone is waiting for you to complete Mistletoe... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Mo.
Secret-Telling chapter 21 . 1/9
I loved your story! It was amazing! I loved the topics you touched on and the way you made me think. I loved the way you portrayed the characters and their relationship. It was beautiful and I enjoyed reading it. I think you're a fantastic writer and thank you for sharing your work with the world.
LaurenKnight13 chapter 21 . 1/5
Perfect.
UnguidedLight chapter 21 . 1/2
Awesome totally loved it x :)
bgbunger chapter 21 . 1/2
This story should be canon. Thank you very much. I think you are the best.
RavensNic chapter 21 . 1/2
I just read this all in one go instead of sleeping or you know, *whistles distractingly* working on stuff. But I have no remorse. I loved this story.
tori.gowen chapter 21 . 1/1
Your writing is beautiful. I'm so glad I stumbled upon one of your stories when i did. Your words are elegant and honest. So, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your words. ️
Raim009 chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Just read this while waiting for the next chapter of M&M. I love how over the course of this story you explored and explained beautifully what it means to be a lesbian. Importantly, the story demonstrated that it is not always obvious to everyone what their feelings mean and sometimes it takes one special person to make the pieces come together.

And thanks for reminding me of the whole Angie Harmon 'always the man' comment. I found it hilarious. I mean, just how much Rizzles fic is the woman actually reading?

You are a beautiful writer and this fandom loves you. Keep up the good work.
el chapter 4 . 12/28/2014