Reviews for Sum of the Whole
Nemrut chapter 21 . 7/15
I d'awwed, cute story, even if it was overusing the word dyke a lot. I mean, bisexual is also a term that might be more appropriate for both or either one of them. Small nitpick, though.

Really liked it, thank you for sharing this and I hope you are well.
Kayebashay chapter 21 . 7/15
Another amazing story, you never seem to disappoint. I still can't believe you fit 21 chapters in 4-5 days time though. We really got a step by step play by play of what they were really thinking, feeling and saying. I personally got a lot of this story because I can truly relate to the 'Jane' character you portray in this story. I have went through so much myself what she went through in the story. It helped bring some answers to my life as well. So thank you! And thanks again for an awesome story!
Blazen chapter 21 . 7/5
Great story!
HugzForFree chapter 21 . 6/24
Your writing is SO smart and witty. I loved every moment of this fic. And might I add that the subject matter of the dichotomy between men and women and societal standards of behavior, based on gender, was freakin BRILLIANT. I wonder what an AU fic would look like from you. Anyway, I really really really enjoyed this. So thanks.
Memmaa92 chapter 10 . 6/16
i dont get this bit at the end ;/ but i will read on )
Stumbled on this and finished it moments ago. Really nice story!
Arkielad chapter 21 . 4/22
This is the second time I've read this. It's so very good
carmdian chapter 13 . 4/19
"She wanted a cookie, not an international experience." Such a "Janeism". You capture both personalities perfectly. Excellent story idea.
Mumas47 chapter 21 . 4/4
It's the Easter Hols and whilst having a few days off from work to be with my wife and son I stumbled across this story and what joy!

A truly lovely story (if a wee bit repetitive) but wonderfully written with beautiful characterisation. This is the first time I have read anything written but you and I wanted to drop you a note before reading your other works. Well done and thank you for taking the time to put 'pen to paper' so to speak.
halfbadgirl chapter 21 . 3/9
How did I miss this wonderful expose on the bruising journey of self awareness and the hope of salvation in choosing to live authentically? Shame on me. I'm just ecstatic that I finally found it. It is psychologically astute, emotionally enlightening, and sensually satisfying. Simply wonderful. A beautiful Rizzles nexus.

And the scene with the older Red Sox fan reveling in the joy of a new love dawning in an age of burgeoning loving freedom and expanding acceptance was simply a crowning touch, the unnecessary but greatly appreciated addition of a delectable bing cherry balanced atop an already wonderfully rich and complex culinary delight.

That one vignette helped to spotlight the indisputable truth that, despite the incredible social and cultural progress made in the past thirty years which continues to overcome many external bigotries with regards to human sexuality and gender identification, the challenge of facing one's own internal bigotries, sensitivities, personal identity bogeymen, and often conflicting logic remains an existential challenge endured by so very many of us (perhaps even the majority of us) regardless of our age, upbringing, intellect and/or social circumstance. And, although this battle must ultimately be waged and endured privately by the one seeking her own true Self, your story demonstrates that the loving arms of one's Other can embrace and uplift her with boundless strength and joy. Absolutely as many times as she needs it.

I, for one, take comfort knowing that, even in the zero-chance event that Maura had not reciprocated Jane's romantic feelings, Jane would have been nevertheless freed from her own self-imposed identity imprisonment. Her journey was always worth the agony.

Thank you for posting this exercise in being human.
headto chapter 21 . 3/9
Lovely story. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
teolson40 chapter 21 . 3/6
This is the first time I've left a review. Your story touched me deeply. My understanding of my love for my wife is fuller after reading this. Well done and thank you!
Midge Bowman chapter 1 . 2/21
I love reading your stories. Please continue .
youngAlPacino chapter 21 . 2/9
I love the way you write!
Mo Phillips chapter 21 . 1/22
Just re-read Sum... and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.

I am reading through all your R&I fic while waiting for Mistletoe and Marmite to reach it's conclusion. I'm doing this for two reasons. First, I realised I appreciate your stories more if I read them as a whole instead of in instalments. Second, you're just so good that spending time reading you again is time well spent.

You're just so good.

So, take your time but please know that someone is waiting for you to complete Mistletoe... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Mo.