Reviews for Forged In Fire
Angels-heart1 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I loved it!
trulyyoursfiction chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
I liked it.
I liked it a lot. I ship Ressler and Keen like I ship Mulder & Scully, unlikely partners who grow to be the best of friends. :) No matter how much they disagree or get on each others nerves. Great job! I'll keep an eye out for more of your stories!
Lady Krystalyn chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
Loved it!
Lawson227 chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
What a lovely surprise, after such a long, stressful day to return home to this utterly charming story. And yes, I find Grumpy Ressler utterly charming. :-) And most assuredly in character. After I've had actual sleep and a bit more time, I will no doubt have further Thinky Thoughts, but in the meantime, I thank you. It was wonderful.

P.S., I wanted to kick Tom. THAT'S how well you wrote him.
HB chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
LOL to the review by iyimgrace. I'm with her (him?)-the moment when Liz catches him is all kinds of goodness. And Tom. I'm not married to him and even I am exasperated by his hovering. I can only imagine how Liz would feel. You made plans for Liz to visit Ressler on Christmas Eve so you can't back out now. :-)
iyimgrace chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Oh girl, here you go again! I didn't expect it so soon... but so thrilled when i saw it in my email this afternoon. Definitely in character. Tom will become increasingly pushy, because he has things to hide. She will become increasingly doubtful because she already had doubts and now with Red telling her to be careful, she won't be able to forget that. And Ressler, while most likely focused on getting back to fighting form, he will be focused on finding Red and maybe even ignoring the reasons as to why he gave up the code. He seemed pretty confused as to why Red saved his life, but grateful though i doubt that will keep him from trying to hunt him down. If not for the justice part of it, maybe for Lizzie. Right now their bond is in its infancy. Tiny glimmers of something that will grow much deeper over the next few months. The more things come out about Tom, the closer they will grow. They will both circulate in the same orbit for quite a while focused on their own intentions, ignoring the flicker of the flame that is between them until something happens to draw them into each other's personal space. Which BTW, was fantastic. You had me riveted at the moment that froze in time when she caught him as his leg gave out on him. Her hand around his waist and the other on his chest. and you know damn well how thin those hospital gowns are so his skin must have been on fire underneath her palms. Never mind the opening in the back and the fact that he probably had no skivvies on. And then how they sort of retreated to their corners as they both became aware of just how intimate that connection was. Sure she can chalk it up to wanting to be a good partner, and needing one all the same, but...sometimes you can't deny the unspoken feelings that transpire in those stolen moments.

Lovely, lovely, as usual. Keep the inspiration flowing. This is definitely curing my heartache for Annie and Eyal in the interim. Can't wait to see what else your muse has up her clever sleeve.
SpiritFeather19524 chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
i like this story )
rebelangel566 chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
I would love to read more! There is a lot lore you could write from here!
hazel chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
i love this! too good! def keep it up!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
I love love love your writing style and the way you write these two! Please keep them coming!
onesmartgoalie chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
I don't see this as them being out of character at all. I could definitely see Liz visiting Ressler fairly often because Tom is being too overbearing at home and she needs someone who understands why she continues to do the job she does and doesn't judge her for it.

And Ressler's side makes sense of things too. He probably wouldn't be visited by too many people, so he has a lot of time to think about things, like his feelings towards Liz and not knowing how exactly to not show them at the moment. So, yeah, if the show were to progress down this path, I could see it happening this way.
Cristy chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
More, please!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
oh no this is good there in character very cute!
fbobs chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
You have me hooked. I want to read more of this. The last two episodes gave the word 'drama' a whole new meaning.

I don't see anything between L & R in the show, and Liz is a married woman, something she will honor. But she does need a real 'partner' on the job for lots of reasons. Somebody she can trust to watch her back and who trusts her to do the same.

I worked closely, professionally, with several women over my 35 year career. We are still friends, and they are friends with my wife. In no case did our interactions go beyond what was professionally correct. In real life it is, at least in my experience, much more common for men and women to have professional interactions that are devoid of romance than the opposite.

So I don't see them as a potential romance, though maybe the writers do. I don't see much chemistry between them, but I don't see much chemistry between Liz and her husband either.

That said, I can go with how ever you play it out in your story.