Reviews for Snow Day
daleaikman chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
GREAT story. Love flashbacks;where times were simple. Loved it even more when dean told Sam that he knew that he was watching.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
It was poignant and sweet...by the end there was a smile on my face. Well-written...not too cutesy, with just enough angst to make it sting (in a good way!). Great character depiction...and I'm a big fan of Winchester traditions, so this was perfect.
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Oh, wonderful story my dear - loved how they cherished that small but very important family tradition and how Sam finally found his way to share it - such pure and simple joy, a reference to happier times. These are the little things that are creating a deep and lasting bond, the things you remember when you grow old. Thanks for sharing.

A happy and peaceful Christmas Dorothy

xx Kate
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
That was utterly beautiful. I loved the description that you included in this and the slow pace that really showed the memories and the feelings from Sam and Dean. I loved how Sam remembered seeing John and Dean enjoying the first snow. And I love how in the end when Sam came out Dean let him know that he had been waiting for Sam and had known the whole time he was watching them. This was absolutely amazing and totally made my day.
Sharlot chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
What a lovely moment! It's sad and it's sweet and I love the thought that the boys afforded moments like these through the years. Very, very touching. Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Ir's wonderful! I love the thought that they have peaceful moments! Love it!
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I love stories like Weechesters, tweenchesters and those like this one. Because they give us some background head canon that fills in, in a very plausible way, a brief moment of their past.

I may not approve of John's overall parenting style but I'm sure he had his softer moments with the boys when he could feel safe enough, in their scary world, to do so.

And as much as it was cool to see that Dean did have bonding moments with his hero figure dad, it never really felt complete to have Sam on the outside as just an observer of them. So, yeah...you made me tear up when Sam did venture out at last to join Dean by the car in the snow and Dean said to him, "It's about time." And Sammy realized that time Dean had included him in his heart all those times too.

Annnnnd there I go again! (sniffs)
gr8read chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Richly woven, beautifully visual.
What a great way to give a 'nod' to the first snow of the season.
Short or long, your writing always hits home.
Thank you.
D
reannablue chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
That was really well done...thanks for posting this.
need2no chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
This is a wonderful story. Made me cry. But it's a good cry!
Sarah Serena Rose chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
I have to say, I'm guilty of letting out a large sigh of awww after reading this! You've done a wonderful job here, with the characters and buildup of emotion. Lovely piece :)
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
Alright well this was absolutely beautiful. I really loved it- and today is the first snowfall for me, so itwas perfect!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 12/6/2013