Reviews for Predetermined
Lovina Rossi-Vargas chapter 1 . 3/10
Because Tarsus, no matter the universe, weather he was there or not, makes, will make, and has made James Tiberius Kirk who he is.
ShivaVixen chapter 1 . 2/16
Well done, and most likely true.

(there was only one fic I've read, where Uhura went instead, but the Kirk in that fic was odd.)
infiniteworld8 chapter 1 . 1/14
Great story and excellent point about how Tarsus changed Kirk. That's why I think Nu! Trek Kirk has been on Tarsus. That place and situation would have changed anybody drastically, and you can't make me believe that a dead-beat stepfather (or uncle) and a depressed absent mother can lead to the Kirk we saw in ST2009. Something else had to happen, I like to think that Kirk went through trial by fire and the person we see in ST 2009 is still smoldering from the aftermath.
Albus Paulson chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Dear Lord. This was amazing and well-written, many kudos. I agree with your assessment entirely.
All the best,
Albus
Soului chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I love this. I mean, really, really love this. I don't know if it's Tarsus itself, but I do agree that Jim always has to go through some kind of serious crap during his childhood to make him the man who captains Enterprise. Thanks for this.
Fyoex chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Very good! Loved the ending.
Kilana89 chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
It is for those last 3 statements that I believe tarsus should be brought up in nuTrek. Also cool plot device with the dimention jumping Kirk. I think It would be cool if you wrote a little about some of his adventures. :)
Ozcinefile chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Wow! Thought-provoking, especially for a fan of TOS. Thanks for posting.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
This was really lovely, very touching. I liked the ending a lot.
TheWordThief chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
interesting idea, the ending was very poignant, well done
readingirl4030 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
This. Is. Perfect. Thank you so much for writing a piece that so sums up all the Tarsus fan fiction out there.
Pyro chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Wow, just wow. You deserve more than that but I can't find the words. Well done.
Cherry Starburst chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
This was really good, glad I clicked on it. I really like the end, the thought that Jim always has to go to Tarsus so that he doesn't flinch in the face of death when on a starship. That's a really inspired reason.
HappytheExceed chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
Different universe different life different fate. Personality might be different too. Nice touch on this issue on Jim. Who knows reboot Jim might not have been to Tarsus but yet because of his personality, he most likely have been too.