Reviews for Journeys: Promise to a Lady
all forms of fluff chapter 13 . 8/31/2014
Thank you for the story. It was beautiful and well told. I would like to point out that you All about spike website adress is no longer up to date. ?id 203 will get you to the frist chapter of this story on the site. That is if Fanfiction allwed even this address to be posted even with spaces so its not an actual link. Now I am off to continue your story and see how it ends. Thank you again for the story.
spike'smate chapter 7 . 6/25/2013
b ad bad willow getting power hungry
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
This is going to sound so lame but wow that was deep. That was an amazing read.
spike'smate chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
poor spike i can feel his raw (still so raw) pain about buffy's death no one not even the scoobies see's his raw pain his love he feels like he's nothing without buffy, and he feels so so lonely
spike'smate chapter 13 . 12/14/2009
omg that was a story that i actually felt i was living. your portrayal ( i cant spell proper)of spike and feeling his pain grief etc etc. i cried my eyes out all the way through it.

you are TRULY a gifted writer and should SERIOUSLY consider writing professionaly. it was a TRULY beautiful story and now i'm gonna read your "awkenings" i'll have to get more tissues though i used the last box on this story.

you are now TOP of my favorye authors
brolly501 chapter 13 . 2/13/2009
great story
jack'sgirl chapter 13 . 10/3/2003
I know I'm late to this party, but I just finished reading this story and I *had* to review.

This was incredible. The story- Spike's struggle specifically, tore my heart right out and shredded into a million little pieces. Spike's torment was so touching and raw. Your writing style brought him to life for me..I could see the story unfolding in my head.

I normally don't bother to go to outside sites to read the NC-17 version of chapters- most love scenes are either too cheesy or too smutty. Yours was perfect. It truly was a *love* scene- not just a sex scene. I cried for Spike during this scene- his torment, his joy and his disappointment.

Dawn was great- strong and loving and sweet. Not sure what to make of Willow. Normally one of my fav characters, she was hard to get a handle on here. I hope we see more of Emily- the glimpses we got of her are very intriguing.

I can't wait to read the next part of this series! I'm hoping it pieces together my heart and that Buffy and Spike find happiness.
Escape Velocity chapter 13 . 2/1/2003
Um, wow. That's all I can say. Your plot was intriguing, your characters realistic and your writing emotive. This is without doubt one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have read.

The relationships between characters were tentative, humourous and, in Willow's case, disturbing. In fact, Willow's thoughts added heaps to the scenes; what was she planning (apart from Buffy's resurrection), what will Spike do to her...

Dawn was excellently done. You didn't make her a whiny brat all the time, for which I am thankful for, being fifteen myself.

Giles and Spike's relationship was intricately done. It was tantalisingly slow, and yet it didn't crumble whenever Spike had a meltdown. Giles placed trust in Spike - something I haven't really seen in the show. (Course, I haven't watched season six...)

In a word: stunning.
Escape Velocity chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
I've read this fic twice, and couldn't bring myself to stop either time to review, so I'm doing it now. While I'm planning on reviewing the final chapter, I want to say how much I loved this beautiful, disturbing, sorrowful first chapter.

Spike's grief is portrayed stunningly. The self mutilation, the confusion - even his inability to drink blood - everything is in character, striking and resonates with his deep, passionate love for Buffy. As a first chapter, this was perfect.
Guard chapter 13 . 1/3/2003
This is by far the best story I've ever read that bridges the gap between seasons five and six. Of course, my earilier reviews make it clear I think it's just plain the best piece of fanfic I've read. Period.

I loved how you developed the relationships between Spike and Dawn and Spike and Giles. You took your time, didn't rush things, or give them overnight epiphanies. And that made it work, made it seem logical and real. And I still think it's what SHOULD have happened on the show, at least to some degree. They seemed to be giving us some Spike & Dawn, and then Buffy's back, and nothing! It's all just gone. It's so frustrating. This is why I read fanfiction, I guess. Because the writers, who sometimes seem to care a lot more about logic, and about the characters that the show's people, can fix all the thing Joss & Company mess up. And I'm so glad there are so many good stories to read!

I'm anxiously looking forward to part two. I was doing the Snoopy Dance when I saw how long the whole saga is going to be. I LOVE long stories!

Thank you so much for all the time you're putting in to this story, and for entertaining us with it.

Guard
Laura chapter 13 . 12/31/2002
Just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE your writing-everything from your characterization of Spike, how realistic you make his relationship with Dawn, and the interesting perspective you give us on all the other characters (especially Giles). . . It all combines to make one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. I look forward to part II.
padua chapter 13 . 12/31/2002
Mary,

Almost 500 pages and still not finished! I think you've just guaranteed my happy new year!

From beginning to end, this story has captured me and tortured me, and made me love every minute of it.

To be honest, Journeys has done something that I really don't think any other piece of fanfiction I've read has done, at least to the same degree. It has actually made me love these characters even more.

And I think it takes a rare talent as a writer to do that.

Looking forward to Awakenings, and Buffy's return.

padua
GrizzledRose chapter 10 . 12/30/2002
Love the story and keep up the great work! I have gotten through the whole story, but jumped over to a differnt site. (Seeing as I am an adult, and like the stories that arn't written for the 12-16 year olds out there that I know love the show. Can't wait for the next part, but I write myself and know how it can go. Once again though love your work!

GR
Nos chapter 13 . 12/30/2002
Wow...So nice to come home to this update. I adored this entire work, and I cannot wait for part II. I love the way you write, the Spike characterizations, the Buffy 'visions' (though I am suspecting badness coming from those, might just be me and my doomed mentality). All in all, I loved it. Awakenings is soon, yes?
Cynrie chapter 13 . 12/30/2002
Mary,

Just a quick note to let you know that this story is GREAT! I love the depths that you using for Spike. And I really can't wait to see were you are take this!