Reviews for Surrendering To The Wind
RandomMoonshadow chapter 15 . 6/14
well now i think we all know what it means when our boy licks his lips.
Foreverglfan88 chapter 55 . 4/23
Great job!
sugar tits chapter 38 . 11/28/2014
Still the best twist I've read in a FF story! Such genius!
sugar tits chapter 25 . 11/27/2014
God damn you need to write more Merle! I think I love this chapter even more now that I know what happens.
Teletraan-1 chapter 25 . 8/15/2014
Awwww i love Merle and Stacey's relationship! It's soooo cute yet extremely animalistic i cant even! Brilliant stuff!
Teletraan-1 chapter 21 . 8/14/2014
Im loving these boondock saints references!
sweetkiwi604 chapter 55 . 6/14/2014
I am so happy you mentioned this story to me! This will be one I read over and over. Everything was so captivating from the building of your characters and all the shit they had to get through to your heart stopping twists! This may have been the first you posted but each chapter you could tell your writing strengths were just growing to the point I was right there in the story with them. I could picture everything in that town from Whiskey Heat to each of the Dixon's houses and the shop. You had a wide variety of smut that never got boring or over used. This is definitely a story to be proud of and one you should consider getting published. You really did have it all from suspense to romance and everything in between. You turned the man that wouldn't let anyone even touch him into a father and a husband. You made the meek woman who was afraid of her own shadow into a fierce warrior ready to do anything for her family. Adding characters in like Lucy giving the back story of their mother and someone to fill that grandmother role that soothed the edges so there wasn't too much testosterone. Stacey the one woman who knew how to rope in Merle Dixon and ass in line. When I read a story I want to be able to escape reality. I want the walls around me to disappear until I feel the rain in the chapter or the can hear the wood of the shelf breaking or even to smell the pecan pie. You did that for me.
Absolutely phenomenal my dear!
sweetkiwi604 chapter 38 . 6/13/2014
SHUT THE FUCK UP! NO YOU DIDN'T! But he's ...OH MY FUCKING GOD! Are you kidding me?! Jesus Christ woman now THAT I was not expecting!
(Should probably also say that it was a phenomenal chapter and I love that Stacey and Carol left get him)
sweetkiwi604 chapter 37 . 6/13/2014
Reviewing 2 in 1 here because I was anxious to get to this chapter (sorry). Yet here I am not even sure what to say. I really think Daryl needs to stop picking up dog food...every time he to something happens. Merle standing in front of David at the hospital and her anchoring him in place until Will could get there. Perfect adding that she saw one of her friends who mentioned the baby. Will's hate was clear and that he took the first swing with no doubt intent to kill. The message on the window from when they were kids was so creative. David bringing Daryl back to the same place his mother died, tying him to the chair again making sure that his son was there not only physically but mentally and emotionally trying to freeze him in the past.
sweetkiwi604 chapter 35 . 6/13/2014
I was waiting for Dean and Daryl to finally have that talk :)
sweetkiwi604 chapter 34 . 6/13/2014
Stacey would kick his ass if he ever stepped out of line and as much as he worries about it Merle is going to be a great father the shit out of his kid. Norm and his convo at the end was great.
sweetkiwi604 chapter 33 . 6/13/2014
I was wondering when she was going to tell him about David and though he wasn't happy about it he didn't let that asshole take another day from him and that made me smile. I've watched a storm come through before and your descriptions put me right there in the moment where I could almost feel the rain. That last paragraph was excellent though talking about the storm going on around them but they shut the door. Great parallel!
sweetkiwi604 chapter 32 . 6/13/2014
You have a way of writing that I get caught up in the moment like when Carol ran into David I got a knot in my stomach wondering what was going to happen. Real talent my dear. Daryl taking Carol to meet Lucy was wonderful and she got a little more insight into his mom. "Honey he aint a chew toy." Dear Lord that made me laugh out loud.
sweetkiwi604 chapter 31 . 6/13/2014
Rick is turning into quite the little cocksocker. He better watch his fuckin mouth there are plenty of Dixon men that wouldn't think twice about burying his ass. But onto better things like the amazing hot sex Daryl and Carol just had and the fact that he broke the shelf! Hubby asked me why my cheeks flushed as I was reading lmao
sweetkiwi604 chapter 30 . 6/13/2014
You had me all worried for nothing and I wont lie there was definitely a sigh of relief when I saw it was the girls coming into the shop. Merle better watch out with Carol and Stacey double teaming him lol. And that shower scene? Yeah... needed a moment.