Reviews for Color
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Wowwww
but i doubt remus is colorblind. if he was... well, this is what i call a literary masterpiece (or almost) :P
THANKS 3
Ambereyedwolfchild chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Wow that was really powerful!

E x
blerghy chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
That was beautiful, but sad. Loved it! :D
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
Very unique. I must admit, I never thought of Remus being colorblind. Exellent job, overall.
SelenaTheMoonGoddess chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
But I only see one color. Gray. That bit was brilliant!
The Thief Kuronue chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
You've definatly just made me appreciate color much, MUCH more passionatly. Since I do enjoy working with colors (love to paint, draw, etc.) this type of view is very different for me. I throughly enjoyed reading this. It turns my world upside down, but fascinates me. Excellent writing. I'm sure this is probably one of the best deep understanding oneshots out there.
GeneImperfect chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
That was brilliant. Very very very good. I never thoguth abotu if werewolves could see color before, and this really uses the metaphor well. Kudos _ Poor Remus.
oh hay psy chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Sweet mother of god.
You struck it. You struck it right there.
I've always associated Remus with the colour grey. I was never sure why, but I did. He is the reason my favorite colour is grey.
I just... Wow. God. This is one of those fics that makes me want to roll on the ground frothing at the mouth in joy. I cannot even describe how this fic blew my mind.
...Sweet Lord Almight I love you _
Lerafea2 chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
Yep, I decided to login to do this review 'cause I wanna add you to my faves...
It's times like this when I wonder what happened to the rest of the authors? This is, for lack of better words, one of the best fics I've ever read. )
foreverdebt chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
wow. this is terrbibly painful but lovely idea even as it breaks your heart.

ive never thought of remus as colourblind.
Bellisario chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
That is so.. sad.

I never thought of this! I mean.. colourblind! O.O

That's so right!

Oh dear... Very. Well. Done.

- Bell -
Snitter in Rivendell chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
wow! an amazing little fic here! you have captured remus' character so perfectly it is very uncanny!

what i love most about this story is that 1) little details are the delight of my life, so having everything being gray was absolutely lovely, just what objects you choose to be gray also explained a lot about remus' character, his thoughts and worries and nice touch! and 2) the relationship between sirius and lupin was done well, because you showed their differences (ex: sirius being 'full of color' whereas remus is not) worked much better and more effictively than just saying 'we were different', etc. and 3) all of remus' despair at being color-blind not only showed that he is different from everyone else, that he is *not* human, made him all the more believable and, for lack of a better word, character development fic here, bravo to you

.but, and this may just be my over-exsessive knowledge about the canine world, but dogs *can* see in color, like blues and greens and no matter, it was the color-blindness that drove this fic and mad eit so enjoyable!

kudos to you '-)

snitter
Joey Potter chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
This is so sad, even though I don't really know why. I've never thought of this before - that Remus maybe can't see colours, and I cried when I read the line: "Sirius' blue eyes... a pale shiny silver". I'm a total R/S supporter, and Remus not being able to see the blue in Sirius' eyes...
Gnomish Librarian chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
A very well written character sketch.
JKLB chapter 1 . 10/30/2002
Wow...your "Remus angst" is so different from all the other "Remus angst" out there-and wonderful in its difference.

I love that you didn't go for the obvious and have Remus miss seeing color, rather he misses what it represents to him. It represents being human, living without a curse, being just like those around him. "The thing that they don't tell you about dark creatures is that we live in the twilight between life and death. Just alive enough to feel pain, but not enough to exist in the same bright places that living creatures spend all their time."

Very revealing of Remus's character that when his best friend asks him what his favorite color is, he doesn't simply admit to being colorblind, he lies and says a color. This is very much the Remus who will grow up to keep so much hidden in your story, "One Last Regret."