Reviews for Naruto: The Darkest of Heroes
Krabby chapter 8 . 10/26/2016
Hey, just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your story. When I first heard about it from Infamous Storm, I was skeptical that this story wouldn't be another dime-a-dozen "super badass dark demon Naruto" fic.
Kudos to you for proving me wrong. I'm liking where this story is going, and I like that you've changed how the Wave arc would normal go, with destroying the bridge before Team 7 even gets there, to the average villagers turning against Tazuna for the reward money. I also find what you're doing with the demon background for Naruto fascinating, as well as the bit of backstory for it that explains the differences from canon.
yuseke29 chapter 8 . 9/27/2016
Very good... This is one of the few good active Naruto fanfic so :) please update soon.
JennyTheWhiteWolf chapter 8 . 9/14/2016
I liked the direction you are taking with this story. It may seem funny l, but one of my favorite parts was the scene where Sakura chose not to follow based on her current ninja prowess. It added a side to her that she could push aside what she was feeling for the betterment of her comrades and the mission, especially how a friendship is coming together with Naruto. I can see in this story Naruto will need those ties to keep him in the village and maybe after enough of them his hiate will really mean something to him, which I hope that it will.
Mana's Cinder chapter 8 . 9/6/2016
I almost feel bad saying this, because it's clear that you're proud of your story, but it's really boring.

You're trying too hard to make Naruto super edgy, and it's just making him dull. The whole thing with Kushina is also not very interesting. The whole "Kushina is secretly still alive, but is captured somewhere!" plot line is both super tired and truly never really good or interesting. I don't think I've ever actually seen a story where Kushina being alive in this way contributed to the story.

It's sad to say, but Naruto's parents (in most cases) are more useful dead than alive.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kakashi looking down on Kushina as evil or dark, considering that she seemed fine and clearly not too dark to be incapable of love until his asshole of a master betrayed her and their child.

Ultimately though, this story feels like it's been trying really, really hard to be edgy, dark and "cool". It's just not fun to read. I've skipped past most of the past few chapters because it was so irritating by that point. This happens to most "let's be dark, guys!" stories because most people just aren't good at writing this kind of thing.

If you were to rewrite this story, I would recommend not having that whole "Kushina is alive" thing going on, and maybe make Naruto less of a... Sasuke-flavored woobie?

I will say that I approve of Sakura's whole.. "yeah, I don't want to die, so I'm not going to let my life be all about being Sasuke's fan girl" thing. Usually, it takes a lot of tedious shit from the author's part to get her to that point, if she ever gets there. Having it as something she decided on her own before she even graduated skips a lot of that melodrama. I can't say I'm a fan of you bringing Anko into things though. Everyone does that. Anko is really tiresome. Her personality/character just isn't a good one, but she's hot, so everyone wants to add her to the mix because she's "sexy" and "sadistic".

Yugao or someone similar (ANBU/serious and competent female) would have been a way better choice. Like, in 99% of these "Anko plz make Sakura less bad" stories. Invariably, it becomes a thing where they're just trying to make Sakura adopt her violent and somewhat slutty features. It's a bit pathetic. A more serious outlook would be the preferred way to go if she was to be changed, so I can't imagine why Kakashi would ever ask Anko of all people for help in that regard.
Thou shalt not fear chapter 8 . 9/4/2016
I'm not quite sure what you mean by believably dark, but let me tell you that this chapter was not even the least bit dark. It's realistic, yes, but definitely not dark. Thus, I hope whatever awaits in the next chapter is really beyond what you have delivered on this chapter. Saying this, of course, does not determine that this chapter was not good. Quite the opposite actually; unlike the previous chapter where I got kind of confused with Naruto's development as a character, in this chapter, I was definitely able to witness a spec of probably, what you want him as a character in the future. And for that I am really pleased. Keep up the good work.
TigrezzTail chapter 8 . 8/30/2016
Yeah, I only enjoy bashing the elder Sakura because she is such a hypocrite. The younger one is just insane with an obvious mental deficiency to see beyond her 'precious Sasuke' and her daydreams. But she is useless and it's nice to see her acknowledging it enough to NOT BE IN THE WAY! I think yo captured the horror of the fighting very well. I did like that Kakashi pulled out the hounds in order to keep themselves hidden until the right time.

So I'm wondering if it's this void that is the cause of Kushina's darkness, or is it something else that people just did not understand?
dbtiger63 chapter 5 . 8/30/2016
New reader more curious than captivated so far. Naruto is abused mentally and physically with no help from anyone even Hiruzen; no grandfather relationship here and I find that odd. What would keep him in Konoha if no one connects with him? Can't count Kakashi since his interactions are infrequent and doesn't help him except behind the scenes and always too late. You show Minato and Kushina getting ready to fight over the fact Naruto was being used to house Kyuubi and it was planned before his birth by Minato without her consent. Then we see her in prison for years being out there by Konoha to be given to Kumo soon? Don't see the purpose of including her at all if she is just a husk that can't even help herself let alone her child. A bit confused and will only read a little more if things aren't made clearer in the next couple of chapters. I can't imagine any kind of hero emerging from this story at this point. Neither Uzumaki can help the other.

DB
Reversus12 chapter 8 . 8/30/2016
I like how you write Sakura, im sick of the pink haired banshee bullshit. Would have been interesting to see their relationship develop further based on understanding each other, but nonetheless the story is fantastic even without pairings (I just hope you don't go for Hinata x_x). Naruto's chain abilities are very unique, I want to understand what's the deal with Kushina though. Keep it up!
ThePhenakism chapter 8 . 8/30/2016
That chapter was amazing ! i cant wait for the next one, very interested to see how kushina interacts with the world after so many years.
Ismenian chapter 8 . 8/30/2016
Dark? Maybe. Too dark? Not quite yet, in my opinion.

Really though, breaking my 'not reviewing' streak again to posit the interesting thought of Haku living. Mostly because I feel like this is the most unique Haku I've seen written in some ways, and her interactions with Naruto evoke interest in me. If it doesn't fit the nature or plans for the story, I'd understand, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/29/2016
Wait, can he ONLY manifest the chains from ONE Hand, or BOTH of them!? Can he now summon a total of FOUR CHAINS (two from each hand)!?
DSGSabrewulf chapter 8 . 8/29/2016
I'm not easily impressed by most fics these days and I'm sad I haven't come across this one sooner. You have a great flow of writing that doesn't get stale nor does it go way to fast. I really hope you manage to find more time to update this regularly because as of now, you have a new fan.
InkaCajo chapter 8 . 8/29/2016
Love seeing this story updated! That battle was super intense. I could really feel th adrenaline, fatigue and mental strain. So Naruto has more than one chain now? Awesome. Can't wait for Kushina to get her revenge.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/29/2016
Uh, WHO will Naruto BE PAIRED WITH in this story!? Was Kushina the PREVIOUS container for Kurama in this story, or was she NEVER a container for a biju!? Will you eventually explain the "demonic" history of the Uzumaki Clan at some point in this story!?

Other than that, I am happy to see you update this story again after so long!
HPfan7-8 chapter 8 . 8/29/2016
Awesome chapter can't wait for more