Reviews for The Cowboy Rides Away
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 10/2
Awww, the kids are all grown up, married and have children . . . yikes! Rambunctious little Evan is giving their own son the business. What goes around, comes around. Very fun story. Really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing it. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 10/2
I love that Kristina wants to be a barrel racer. Loved that she seems to be a natural. Siobhan was fantastic. Kate in this chapter was completely unnecessary but, that's just my opinion. Her part in this story was already done. Ethan is too much . . . that little guy cracks me up! Running around naked, because he was hot and jumped into the water trough. So funny. Then his little ears are irking up everything in that house. He's going to be a handful. Hoping the last chapter in this is his transition into the bull riding. Taking after Pop Pop and Dad.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 10/2
That was so fun to read. It was sweet that they ending up full circle with Swan Song playing in Houston again. Edward dancing with three year old Kristina on his and shoulder, was a lovely visual. Interesting that they would bring the whole band down to Nashville, only for them to want Bella . . . I don't think they'd do that. I loved that Bella said no, all or nothing. Very cool. It's also kind of better that they didn't get the gig . . . that would've brought about a slew of time away from family. Loved the claw my foot tub turned into outdoor hot tub . . . what a great idea! What a visual too, with a nekkid Edward waiting for her in the full moonlight and hot water . . . yeah, I'd be stripping right down to nothing that fast as well. Ethan was a wonderful little treat. He'll be an interesting young man as he grows up and turns into a man. It was pretty funny him putting the announcer in his place. The part about Bella's kitty was a wee bit too far . . . surprised Bella didn't whisk him off that stage, right quick. The lemons in this story have all been quite hot too, this chapter and their little away time before having Ethan, was no exception.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 10/2
That was a beautiful chapter. I'm a huge fan of the sunset wedding . . . had one myself twenty-two years ago. This sounded so pretty. I loved getting another bit of Charlie in this . . . how he wanted to take Renee into the barn . . . hehehe. The vows were perfect for each other. Absolutely adored how he threw her over his shoulder caveman style and ran her back up the aisle . . . fantastic visual! Her singing to him was a wonderful touch. Loved getting the visual of him in satin low slung sleep pants . . . yummy! Loved her calling him husband during their lovemaking, yet wished he would have followed with wife, in lieu of sweetheart. Again, beautiful chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 10/2
That was pretty funny, what they did to Jasper. Loved that even Alice was involved with it. Quite enjoyable to read. I liked that the wedding made Bella and Edward want to set their own wedding date. Yay!
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 10/2
I don't think I've ever read such and entertaining and wonderful Charlie and Renee before. I've read some wonderful Charlie's. A few Renee's here and there, yet those are more rare. The full on still married and all over each other, Renee and Charlie, was spectacular. I really loved that they were so loving and wonderful with Edward. Fine with them sleeping in the same room, as most parents would be. They even managed to squeeze a lemon right under the same roof. I was so hoping for Charlie or Renee to say something really funny, about Edward's marathon sexin' and the 'roar' he let loose at the end. He'd told Bella to keep quiet, yet let out that roar and I thought for sure Charlie would've said something hilarious about it. I really liked that Esme made their house into a home for them both, while they were visiting the Swan's. It was kind of fun to read Jasper and Edward bonding over their love of their women. So cute and a little funny.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 10/2
She got the job and is moving to Lawton . . . WOO~HOO! I was surprised to hear that Alice was thinking of doing the same thing. Rose and her reasons made absolute sense as well. Looks like they are all quite happy with the progression of each of their relationships so fare. I like it. Jasper and his hair product was quite funny. That ring sounded beautiful. I liked that it was Esme's original stone. That was awfully sweet of her to do. The ambiance was really great. The candlelight, the music and most especially, the way he dressed for her. The proposal, I absolutely loved. His words were simple and to the point, with love and conviction. The teens scared him and that was quite funny. James fan-girling out slightly was funny, too. Great chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 10/2
I am so glad that she wouldn't let him fester and put him in his place. She did see it for exactly what it was . . . he was trying to pull away. What was even better, was that she actually got through to him. He understands now, that she truly isn't going anywhere. That she's actually trying to move there to be with him always. That was really cool of James to try to keep her. Even better, that he is allowing her to stay on while she is looking for another job. Most companies will let you go, if they get word of that. Paranoid about sabotage and all that. Really good chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 10/2
If he breaks up with her over just seeing Kate in the bar, then he's right, he doesn't deserve her. That would be so callous of him. He tells her one minute that he loves her and that he wants to marry her . . . then explaining his insecurities . . . the next minute, alone in a shower and decides she has no say in this, at all. Yeah, if he does that to her, he really doesn't understand what love is at all. More importantly, if Bella doesn't see exactly what he's doing and let's him just walk away, then she is blind. She's been very strong in this story so far, don't let her suddenly become weak and not fight for them. Let her be the strong one that fights strong enough for both, since he is just giving up.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 10/2
Well, that certainly was an interesting bit of information about Kate. Since she and Edward had been so very careful the whole time they were together, she most likely was pregnant with another man's baby. Looks like that was Garrett. How disgusting that she did that on purpose. What she did, was reprehensible. I am actually hoping that what she did to herself had caused so much damage, that she was unable to ever get pregnant again. That she desperately wants children now and can not have them. THAT would be her just desserts, for the fucked up way she handled that whole mess. Poor Edward. To not only find out first that she didn't want the child, then to find out she wanted to do this to get rid of it . . . then top it all off with finding out, it wasn't even yours. Goodness. There has got to be something to be done to Kate. Poor Bella and Edward, having to separate after two long weeks together. That will hurt for sure. I really loved that she plans to seek job opportunities in Oklahoma. Good for her.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 10/2
I loved that Edward wanted her to sing and asked the group if they'd mind. That was really sweet of him to do. I didn't like the ass that was trying to force himself on her afterwards. I'm glad that Carlisle helped Edward get back at the dick. Esme stepped in it a little in this chapter, whoops! It was a bit odd that she was letting it bother her so much, as the past is the past. She is his future and that is all that matters. I guess some women are insecure in only that knowledge, that he loves her now. Whatever she did, it must've been awful, as he does seem to really hate Kate. I adored when Carlisle said he was taking Esme upstairs to defile her . . . YAY!
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 10/1
I floved that chapter! I loved how excited he was to see her. I loved the hit as hell lemons. I really loved meeting Esme and Carlisle. Edward announcing that he'd sexed Bella up good and proper, was fantastic. Esme not missing beat and kept that conversation going. Loved the fist bump from Carlisle! Then them just all having fun together walking around. To the very hot BJ she granted him. Them both going googly eyed over one another in their outfits for the evening. Really fun to read. Didn't you mention that Carlisle used to do this when he was younger? I think you did. So, he must love going to these shows to see old friends and watch his son so proudly.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 10/1
Awwww, they haven't seen each other in all that time. I'm not at all familiar with anything rodeo related so, I'm confused. If his win in Houston made him champion of the year, wouldn't that be the end of the rodeo season? Or, was that chap ion of Houston's rodeo? I know nothing. The reason I ask is, if it was the end of his season, couldn't he hang out with Bella in Houston, until the season starts again? I know, I know, too many questions! Sorry. I abaolutely love that she went to Calgary. That she surprised him. Boy, his naked top and undone bottoms . . . wowza! Such the visual! It was wonderful of James to give Bella, not only the time off she asked for but, the full two weeks! I hope Edward can make a visit to the little girls sweet sixteen.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 10/1
I liked this, as the one-shot stands alone. They found their way back to one another, thanks to his bold move in that interview and that's a really good thing. Did it end there in the original? Now that you've continued it, it has turned into an interesting beginning. It's sad that they missed so much of those two weeks together, as a result of her running that morning. Hopefully, they'll survive the distance. One thing for sure, she can get a CPA job anywhere, so there is that for the future, if needed ;)
jen5795 chapter 14 . 8/18
I love this story, it is so sweet.