Reviews for Tales of Light and Ash
AlexMcqueen chapter 20 . 6/7
Please, I need to know how this story goes! I love it!
Hexzhana chapter 20 . 4/9
dude your writing style is FINE, good in fact, excellent perhapstotally worth me doing an allnighter to reread when I have woooooork in 2 hourszzs! (no regrets)
and honestly I am so glad you're not ignoring the whole 'looking like his wife' thing because that is some headfucked shit that needs to be hashed out thoroughly! it makes me sad when that stuff is just brushed away! like no this is serious! and idc if thranduil is ooc or not I dont give a shit I love the way you write him! and that sweet sweet tie in of Andreth *chefs kiss*
anyway, taking the whole "human woman and elf man, how will they reconcile their differences" and making it feel fresh and new and fun AND making war jargon and political stuff NOT SUCK ASS to read is a feat to be proud of!
please no spoilers for me! I love this so much and I cant wait to read what happens next! 3 3 3
DaddysLiitleGirl chapter 20 . 2/21
Can you spoil me? I remember like 2019 there's a line here I saved in my old phone (unfortunately I can't open it no more) I think thranduil's saying even though she thinks she hhas nothing but she is everything (I dont know if that makes any sense). But yeah I would love to be spoiled (no pun intended lol). I'll still hhe waiting for tour updates doe. I still want to experience this.
LuxAeterna11 chapter 20 . 2/19
Ohmygod I was so excited to see an update! This was so nice to see, especially nowadays. Ah! He said "love"! And just to let you know, I love every bit of this story- from beginning to now. I still reread it every now and then. I'm just so glad you are still updating!
sara.estelz chapter 20 . 2/18
I have never been happier to see an upload on this site, truly. I fell in love with this story years ago and have thought about it quite often ever since; I sometimes go back to reread certain passages just because I love them so much. You are an exquisite author and I could wax poetically about the brilliance of your writing, but I would run out of words long before I ran out of enthusiasm, so I will save the word count. I was, quite literally, clutching my chest and beaming at Areth and Thranduil's thinly-veiled flirtations in this chapter, and you have once again demonstrated just how deeply and instinctively you understand not only Thranduil, but Areth as well. How quickly you are able to change the tone of a scene will only a few simple words and an abrupt action is absolutely divine. I drank this chapter up as greedily as the others, and I cannot wait for the next.
Cornyrawrs chapter 20 . 2/18
You're so mean to leave it there! Update soon!
Califi chapter 14 . 2/18
For some reason the latest update passed me by- BUT, as soon as coming across it via my collected Favourite List page, I decided to reread afresh before jumping straight to the new chapter. I forgot how thoroughly interesting your tale was/is, and have been immersed in it most of the the afternoon *grin*.

Just felt the urge to make a comment and say thank you, yet again, for such an incredible read.

Cali xx
Tigerstripes17 chapter 20 . 2/17
This has made my week seeing the alert on this story. Been re-reading since last night so I can fully entrench myself in the characters’ stories again. Your latest chapter is beautiful as always, but what a mean cliffhanger! (I say that in the best way of course) Can’t wait for more!
GalanthaDreams chapter 20 . 2/15
This chapter is fantastic and also painful. As much as Areth's question hurts Thranduil it felt natural for her to ask. She's very aware that this will all likely end in tears and this kind of question is half an attempt at stalling her own heart. Looking forward to the next chapter. Also, I loved their banter and the POVs of other people in court-perspective is always nice to have.
sesshoumarucrazy chapter 20 . 2/15
So glad to see this update as I really enjoy this story! I'm excited to see where this goes
monkeybaby chapter 20 . 2/15
Nice chapter!
bambam411 chapter 20 . 2/13
So glad you updated again! Hope to see more from you in the future.
MaryElisabeth chapter 20 . 2/13
Hey, I honestly forgot about this story. And I struggled a bit remembering who, what, why. But I do know I loved the story so it was nice to read a new chapter. Also, I wouldn’t mind you sending me the plot summary (or whatever you have) in a PM while I still remember parts of it :D
Earthdragon chapter 19 . 2/12
Finally, Areth is a more sympathetic person, not just a woman with a grievance. This was a very good chapter. And thankfully, Areth is realising that Thranduil is someone she can trust. I have no doubt that Thranduil and his elves will conduct a very different kind of warfare against the invaders now that war has formally been declared. It will no longer be a case of simply defending themselves. The biggest fear is that the enemy will react by setting fire to the forest.

Just one correction. Thranduil's realm was not called Eryn Lasgalen until after the end of the Ring Wars. Until then, it was Eryn Galen ('Greenwood), and then, following the corruption coming from nearby Dol Guldur, it became known as Taur-nu-Fuin (Forest of Great Fear) or Mirkwood. After the One Ring was destroyed and the elves were able to heal their forest, they re-named it Eryn Lasgalen ('Wood of Green Leaves') in honour of Prince Legolas.
Jojo66630 chapter 20 . 2/12
Ooooh, an update! So glad you picked this up again :)