Reviews for A Legion for Westeros
Arekanderu chapter 21 . 12/16/2020
Great story
Guest chapter 21 . 10/15/2020
Great fic but abandoned it seems. Hopefully you come back to it one day
wiseguy123 chapter 21 . 8/23/2020
This is great please say it’s not abandoned
kekbekmekflekwek chapter 1 . 3/24/2020
No one will ever know how the summary turns out, because you were too stupid to finish this, just like all your other stories.
Nekotamo chapter 1 . 1/21/2020
I had sent this PM reply to you some time ago but did not get a reply, so I figured maybe your inbox was full or something and it can't hurt to repost it here. In case you did read it but chosen not to respond, forgive this minor spam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello

It has been quite a while since you sent this PM but I am nothing if not a first grade procrastinator. I am glad you found my criticism constructive, that is what I am always aiming at but some creators only want pure praise. Which I can kind of get and get behind if that is their wish, they write stories for free for my entertainment, but if you ignore the faults improvement will be lacking.

While I still definitely look forward to hearing more from the Lioness, High Plains Robert and especially Charles Dance SI (he is such an amazing actor, you could not help but somewhat like Tywin probably on his acting alone, and I find Tywin a very interesting character regardless), I covered those works in my reviews on their respective pages.

What I wanted to do all those months ago when you wrote to me regarding my review is take this opportunity to talk about another of your works I was reading at the time. A Legion for Westeros, and I absolutely love the idea. It seems you have put it on hiatus or worse but I would urge you to pick it up again at some point.

The concept has a lot of promise. Legions are cool on their own and I look forward to them cutting a bloody swathe across Westeros but that is just the cherry on top. And the circumstances of their arrival will cause a big commotion in the taut fabric that is pre-war Westeros. If I had to speculate the Ironborn might choose to reave Westerlands since it seems it is them against everyone, Tyrells will peddle Margeary to Robert (who I am very glad to see on the rise for once). Lannisters seem screwed to me and it should be a shortlived rebellion, but Tywin is crafty, Baelish and Varys scheme and this is Westeros, it can always get worse. Indeed the two Roman leaders are no innocents and could scheme to reach the top too. Or not, depending on your call, then maybe Robert can use his legion(s, hopefully) to conquer abroad and ofc the others loom eventually.

But also the culture, it may be the most interesting thing in the end. The influence of the many nationalities within the Roman army on Westeros but also it could lead to a renaissance when you think about it. After all it was an aspiration to return to the lost heights of antiquity, well ISOTing a Legion to Westeros is one way to bring them face to face with antiquity ;) Mainly I would guess it would start with an eventual renegotiation that the Legion won't be disbanded but maintained, and new ones trained. The skill Romans have in war and engineering should become obvious and from there some public works like baths, roads, libraries, schools, aquaducts and sewers as well as other technological improvements could come about as well as socio-political and cultural ideals propelling Westeros forward.

The characters are very engaging too, I won't spend much time on Westerosi who don't get changed much, but for a start I liked what you did with Lancel. Taking his eventual turn to faith and extremism in a positive direction, I thought his chapters would be boring but I enjoyed them a lot. Robert and Ned living is ofc great, especially Robert starting to dig himself out of his hole as I've said. Also nice to see the Baratheon brothers together, at least for now. Of the Romans ofc I most prefer the two leaders, Cassius and Lucius though the centurions are also very memorable, Titus mainly, and ofc who can forget the iron watchmaster Publius. Polites is fun too, suck up on the face of things but such a bitter little shit inside :P It was interesting to see Lucius prey on Renly's proclivities to gain a strong ally. Oh, and his newfound fascination with dragons, hmm I wonder.
All of your characters are very interesting, I especially like your read of Barristan and I hope to see how they all develop, soonish ;)

All in all an excellent work, even just thinking about it has made me start to read it again :D Carry on with the good work :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Das Legio chapter 21 . 6/7/2019
Lol, Joffrey made some friends while in the pen
Only Balgony chapter 9 . 1/20/2019
...are you pulling a Jaime? Because if you are, I would love to see what comes out.
TheDarkChronist chapter 21 . 12/23/2018
'Widowmaker they'll call me.'

For killing a bunch of celibes? Ah, lumpyhead...
TheDarkChronist chapter 20 . 12/23/2018
Get back to this story as soon as you might feel inspired to do so, my dear Drifter. I feel like I'll reach the latest of the updated chapters without having seen the Legion tested in real battle against the Westerosi, and that won't do.
TheDarkChronist chapter 17 . 12/23/2018
I think he wasn't wrong, kiddo. I think he wasn't.
TheDarkChronist chapter 16 . 12/22/2018
About bloody time someone made this happen. I wonder if your NotRobert will do the same thing. He did drop the strongest brews in favour of small beers, but I don't recall him doing much about his weight. Let's see what some old fashioned roman gimnasium can do with our Bobby
TheDarkChronist chapter 15 . 12/22/2018
That is my True King right there, poking with a stick into the eye of his brother. Stannis would make an outstanding commander of a Legion in Roma, but a terribly bad politician or host in the Eternal City. Even more so than in this medieval counterpart.
TheDarkChronist chapter 14 . 12/22/2018
I'm amazed by the character depth you've given Lumpy here. I find myself liking him, gods damnit. He did an admirable job there, indeed.
TheDarkChronist chapter 13 . 12/21/2018
Hah, when I saw brigantes there I hoped they would be MY brigantes. Wouldn't make much sense with the timeline, but alas. Ah, fair Brigantia...
TheDarkChronist chapter 12 . 12/21/2018
Interesting, I always imagined Davos' onion to be white.

And I'm a bit dissapointed I didn't got some sort of sexy scene from the visit to Chataya's. Tsk tsk, Paul. Tsk tsk.

Oh well. At least I got some of that with Renly