Reviews for Desperately Seeking Ranma
Hiryo chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
Thanks again for the good upates
nikichan chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
I have read aftermath stories. I really like them and also this one too. I would like to what happens in the next update. Please do that soon.
Miklagaard chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
No offense, but I think advising people to read "Aftermath" before reading this was a bad idea. I was about to ignore this story because the stream-of-consciousness style of "Aftermath" lost me in the first couple of paragraphs back when it first was published, but then I decided to look at this anyway despite not reading the first story. I have to say that this is far, far more entertaining and it immediately went on my alert list. I then went back to "Aftermath" and I still don't see where it adds anything to read it, as it does not include many more details than could be read or inferred in "Desperately Seeking Ranma." I expect as this story goes on, more details will be reviewed in retrospect anyway, as far more time is covered than the initial three days.

Moving on from that quibble, I look forward to seeing more of Ranma's "Boy... Girl... I'm the martial artist with the awesome" attitude as well as the results and continuation of the mutual improvement Kasumi and Ranma have shown. I suspect that the two seemingly different themes of medicine and crime-busting will become a single unifying career for the two as they will either heal people (or beings) or beat them down depending on what restores harmony best. Breaking out into the world as newly relevant martial artists who lead the way in showing other uniquely skilled people how to keep the peace and promote society's welfare would be very worthwhile.
Tribun chapter 9 . 12/12/2013
After reading the entire thing, I couldn't help but to applaud your observation about the magical girl groups. After the success of Sailor Moon, dozends of series appeared with some kind of magical school girls in Minato ward (why there? Easy: It allows animatiors to have Tokyo Tower in the background). However, while the Senshi were relatively careful in their battles (I watched all uncut episodes and they never caused any serious colleteral damage), all the following series became each more destructive than the previous one with each group dumber than the previous one.

You brought the whole thing to its logical conclusion by having the ward being infested with numerous of these groups. Since the original Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon were pretty sane, I bet that it was them who'd helped Ranma (they also do have items for this in canon). I know it's only background, but I would really like them asking Ranma for assistence when one of the insane groups goes berserk. After all I can imagine them being hugely offended at these stupid girls (especially since the Senshi themseles should be around 18 by now and no longer tolerate such bullshit).

I know, long ranting, but it would enrich Ranma's background and also show that while Ranma has no tolerance for loose cannons, he does respect magical girls if they act professional.
Egohan chapter 9 . 12/11/2013
this is fast becoming one of my favorite stories keep up the good work
Hiryo chapter 9 . 12/11/2013
Wow thank so much for putting this story up-

Please update soon!
gotgass chapter 5 . 12/11/2013
I would have to agree with Dumbledork, that it was a bit slow to start but it progressed at a rate that has me hooked and wanting more.
Dumbledork chapter 5 . 12/11/2013
That was a great read. The beginning was a bit boring with the long explanations but all in all I really enjoyed it. Will there be more or will you stop the story at this point?

I really want to find out what happened to Ranma over the time he's been gone, where he gets the money from and if he and Kasumi are together now.
2,453 | « Prev Page 1 .. 154 161 162 163 164