Reviews for Into the Darkness
icecatfire chapter 1 . 7/27/2016
that was heartbreaking and sweet... wormtail... O.O... they made up... then again it's probably been a bit, so i can see that. though something tells me it will take a few centuries 'till they become what they once were. :) but still thank you for writing that they made up. i know it didn't SAY they made up but the fact that he called himself "WORMTAIL" and that they LET him says that they made up... at least on SOME level. so thank you. )
Alytiger chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
Um, if Lily is there, why isn't Tonks? Lily wasn't a Marauder.
Queen chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Peter is redeemed! Yes! Yes! Hurrah!
I'm exceedingly happy now. You have made my day. Thank you for redeeming Peter. The poor guy needed that.
sabrina-luna-potter chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Awww. Poor Fredie and Georgie.
Great job!
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Excuse me while I pick up pieces of my broken heart off the floor...but this was just so beautifully written. And I love Fred's reaction to finding meeting his idols. I just have so many feels from this and I can just picture, Fred joining in with James and Sirius, pulling pranks in the afterlife :)
ohmoony chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? *SOBS* Colleen, that was beautiful! :'D You totally killed my feels, though. :P I always wondered what Fred's reaction to finding out who the Marauders were would be. This was nice to finally find out, and it seemed very realistic. I loved the beginning, where Fred completely broke down, and how he'd never been without George. It was truly heartbreaking to see him like that. I liked how Lily was the first person to welcome him. (Hehe, and how her last name was Potter rather than Evans. ;) That made me happy. :D) The ending was perfect, how Fred tried to talk to his twin. This was wonderful! :D
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
That was interesting to read. I imagine the twins would both feel very lost without one another. Although I'm a little confused about why Peter is there... I understand that the point of the story is introducing Fred to the Marauders, but would the other three really have accepted Peter back into the fold after all the things he did?
J.F.C chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Oh, this was so brilliant Colleen. I will have to blame you for feeling so sad right now, though. Not gonna cry, not gonna cry, not gonna cry... seriously that scene where Fred was harshly looking for his twin throughout the deep fog made me feel something. :(
witbeyondmeasureXOX chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Awwww :'( It was so heart breaking when he was looking around for George! Beautifully done! And I really liked the Sirius pun :3 hee hee!
Fearsparks chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I want to cry. That's my very first reaction.

Very well. I really like the idea of this fic, though I think it could use some descriptions on the area. Like, when Harry died there was a description on what he saw around him, not a big and heartfull description, but still a bit. But maybe your point was to get us readers to think of an place ourselves. Then there is one way of writing of course.

I think that you've explained the voices and that stuff very brilliantly and I as a reader feel like a part of the story one way. I think it's an excellent writing work over all. :)
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
This story just makes me want to roll around in my feelings. GAH! :p

What makes this so special is it reflects one of the most poignant messages of the series: light always has, and forever will, trample darkness. Even in death - a sad, tragic occurrence that's difficult to accept - Fred is discovering something good. After all, meeting the Marauders is his dream come true! :p And Lily is absolutely beautiful here. She's like a guardian angel, just as she seemingly was throughout the novels.

Despite the good that comes out of the situation, there is still the sadness, and I'm happy that wasn't glossed over. The beginning was positively heartwrenching, and the fact that this wasn't immediately resolved was a good thing. (That sounds sadistic, but I don't mean it that way. Promise. :p) I really liked that Fred wasn't quick to accept Lily's offerring; he was still apprehensive, even after the Marauders were introduced. This was much more realistic than having Fred be magically okay with death just because he met his idols. It's good that he's not rushing into acceptance, but is instead taking the time to mull it over. This process wasn't rushed and I loved that. Even in the very last sentence, that apprehension is still there, though on a smaller scale. Again, very realistic.

My lone critique is the occasional disruption of flow. There were a couple of oddly placed commas here and there, and I can recall one instance in which the same phrasing was used twice very closely to one another. This was a little jarring and made me double check to make sure I wasn't accidentally reading the same line twice. None of this hindered by enjoyment of the story in the least, but it's just something to keep an eye on in the future. :)

All in all, this was a lovely, well-written oneshot. As Dumbledore said, "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." You got it perfectly. Haha, have fun causing all sorts of trouble up there, Fred. :p

Cheers!
Lillielle chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Oh gods, my feels. -sobs- I'd never thought of death being like that, Fred didn't even know he was dead, his wandering through the fog trying to find Georgie is absolutely heart-shattering. D: I love that the first person he meets is Lily. I find it very interesting that Peter is there with the rest of the Marauders-does that mean they forgave him? [I now want a sequel. XD] I like the fact that Fred gets to peek in on George sometimes...he will probably find some kind of way to prank him from the afterlife, knowing Fred. XD
Muggle Jane chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
All the feels! *sniff* This is definitely my favorite story of yours to date.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
That was beautiful! I absolutely loved the beginning of it, and the middle and the end to be fair, but the beginning was perfect. Your best story so far, I think. Amazing job :D
LexieFCarter chapter 1 . 12/12/2013