Reviews for Eyes Wide Open
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 2/18
I loved this as much as I loved it's companion fic, and it's interesting to see the other POV from which both characters are suffering sleep deprivation and, sweetly/heart-breakingly, worrying about the other. :)

Though, not necessarily to spur more thoughts in the direction of distressing/terrible things happening to favorite characters, I AM rather curious as to how Sharon's subconscious has the sense memory of a taser/cattle-prod. :3...\\ *huggles bbs*
fragrantfields chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
THe paragraph about the too-hot tea is one of the most perfect I've read. This was all wonderful but that really caught my attention.

This is terrifying and feels very real. Those are some scary, scary letters. It's so sad that Sharon almost doesn't know what to do with someone being that concerned about her. Her weariness at all this is crystal-clear. Lovely and worrisome at the same time :-)
murphycat chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
I can't wait until we find out who it is!
CreoleGurl chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
I like the way they are so worried for each other. Sometimes a parents we forget that our children have some of the same concerns for us as we do for them. Thank you for sharing.
Force Unbroken chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Oh, Sharon... *sniffles heartbrokenly*

Just perfect. I almost have no words. The bits with the letters intermingled with scenes from her nightmares... Chills. And it's so perfectly along the lines of both what the letters would contain and what Sharon's reaction to the whole thing would be. Beautifully done.

And that last bit with Rusty OH MY HEART THE FEELS. How do you keep doing this to me? I swear, between you and SChimes, I'm going to be living in a state of emotional distress for the forseeable future.

Fantastic as ever!
Nevada11 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Very in character - very good.
bwie66 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Nothing beats some well written angst!
Kayryn chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Oh, Sharon, my poor bb. This story makes me want to reach out through the fic and give her a hug, tell her it'll be okay, then sit by the door all night with a glock so I can protect her and Rusty from the bastard who's threatening them. Maybe also lend Jane Smith from Mr. & Mrs. Smith to take care of Stroh while I'm at it.

Beautifully written as always. And anytime you want to write something that has Rusty directly protecting Sharon (from whatever: rude ppl, Jackson, someone actually dangerous), I'll be reading it ever so happily. ;)
SChimes chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Okay, those letters - I don't even have any words. They are SO MUCH like the creepy letters Rusty gets in the show. If we do see Sharon's own letters, I bet they will be exactly like this. I don't even know which one is worse! They are all SO CREEPY.
Poor Sharon :( I bet this is exactly how she's feeling. Option three must be making her so unhappy. And as usual you capture her perfectly, and her emotions. The description of the nightmares in the beginning, oh my god that made me shiver. I also love how you show these small physical reactions of hers, like stiff joints and crackling knees because SO REALISTIC. Of course she'd be feeling all those things. And the scene with Rusty at the end, ugh why you do this to my feelings? Poor kid, he just wanted to get her a blanket and she must've scared him with her reaction... and then she didn't even tell him what was wrong! So much angst...! (but you know how I feel about that :D)
Thank you for writing all the things! Loved this story.