Reviews for A Quiet Christmas
Snowy chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Commenting on this whole series here:

Normally, I won't read stories that are primarily romance driven; I find them boring and repetitious. But there's no hint of that in your stories. Every one of them is heartwarming and hysterical at the same time, and I want to keep reading because I'm sure something new and different will turn up. Also, I normally don't read things with this level of innuendo, but you've masterfully woven it into the story so that its humor value is what comes out the most.

I get a real kick out of how some of the parallels, particularly Jack, are so completely different from their counterparts in the other universe. I haven't seen most of the Classics, so I can't speak for most of the other characters, but I find it massively entertaining that they're all related. And I guess some things never change, like Jack's propensity for ending up (or starting out) naked. You've done a great job managing this on multiple occasions in a non-sexual context.

I love having Han, Leia, and the rest of the action figures as characters. I'd read "Don't Sonic the Action Figures" and liked it, but wished there was a bit more to it. You've added a satisfying follow-up to this.

When I started reading the series, I didn't know that David Tennant's birth name was David McDonald, but a few days ago I ran across that particular bit of trivia. I just stared at the computer for a moment before I burst out laughing. One really has to admit, finding Rose and David in a phone box was a little suspicious, and "We weren't expecting you back so soon" can be interpreted in more than one way.

This story is a fine example of it: I love how you have such funny stories, but the ending is alway so nice and warm and fuzzy. I get to laugh at their antics for a while, but then at the end you remind us of how much they all love each other: in both a romantic and platonic way, depending on who exactly we're talking about.

One little thing - When a single character is speaking for more than one paragraph, there are no quotation marks at the end of the first paragraph, although there are at the beginning of the second. To clarify:

The Doctor explained, "First paragraph,

"Second paragraph."

I just noticed you didn't always do that, and it made it a tad confusing when it came to who was talking.

I hope you continue this particular 'verse, but I'll definitely be reading your other Doctor Who stories! (What initially led me to you was "Labor's Love," stroke of genius, that.) Please keep writing! I'll be watching your account eagerly!