Reviews for Salting the Wounds
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 2/18
That ending was PITCH PERFECT. Ahem. That said, I love the steady process and reasoning you show here. It is just... so very Sharon, and I am actually VERY glad that you write this as her making this decision on her own terms and with her own timing and choices. Gods knows, I multi-ship her so OTP may not be the most accurate of terms, but I would just want her to be happy, which... with the episodes we saw of her with Jack - she was not, so... GO GIRL! (And GAVIN!) :)
lontanissima chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
this is fantastic! it feels good! I hated Jack so much and till now never understand why she didnt divorce him already! this PoV of Sharon is very well written. I like how you considered all the aspect of her and the kids! well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Loved it! Those two last sentences were golden! :D
Besilea chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Good story so far! Hope for more!
murphycat chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I LOVE IT! It is about time! I hope it happens before the season is out.
fragrantfields chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I love this. It feels very true and very self-aware. I love that she wants something better for her kids, not have then languishing in a not-marriage. I couldn't believe it was an anniversary card-that was a great twist. And her seeing that it would pull her back in was so smart and self-protective and downright healthy. I feel a little bit bad that her children are where they are with Jack, but it's so good that Sharon doesn't take on that as her problem. And that litany of excuses! Sounds just like him.

You show her processing this thoughtfully and carefully, like I would expect her to do.

Awesome last two lines. I cheered at the last one :-)
bwie66 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Excellent ending. Those last two sentences are what I am waiting for!
deenikn8 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Love this! She wants her boy to stay close to home..that's sweet. It's ok to be alone and be comfortable with it. Go Sharon...serve those papers and change the locks best thing ever!
Force Unbroken chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD AND IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Ahem.

You know, when you first told me about this lovely little story, I wondered what it would take for Sharon to get mad enough to pursue a divorce. After reading, sending an anniversary card after not being there for her AT ALL in twenty years seems like EXACTLY the kind of dumb, callous, douchebag-ish thing that Jack Raydor would do, and I was growling at him pretty much the entire story because COME ON MAN JUST UGH.

(Conversely, though, I hope she keeps his last name for a little while because I am a selfish person and I would be sad if the "Darth Raydor" jokes went away.)

The thing I loved the most (other than the last three paragraphs and the fact that Gavin was mentioned because I love him) was the line "To follow in her footsteps was not advice that she would give her daughter, or her sons." Seriously, that's my favorite thing ever, because I read it the first time and was like "Did she just..." and then I read it again and went "Yes, yes she did!" and melted. *sighs* The fact that Rusty is her son just gets me every time. (And he is totally her son, and no one will ever ever EVER convince me otherwise.)

Fantastic as always! If you don't know I love you and all your stuff by now... *shakes head*
Kayryn chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I absolutely love the way you wrote this; Sharon realizing how she'd enjoyed the years not hearing from Jackson, everything always ending up as her fault, him always coming up with excuses and, still, it was her fault. (That is actually my story with my mother - but that's another story.) I love that you had her open the envelope but no read the card, she did what she asked of her kids, but enough is enough.

And you leaving it open as two whom with Sharon might see herself with in the future? Well done. I really, really enjoyed this. Thank you.
CreoleGurl chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
SChimes chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
AH!
Here are the bits of this story that made me emote in various ways!
The scene with Rusty's letters and her putting the closer ones on top (Sharon, such a mom) - adorable.
THAT LINE 'he didn't feel welcome and could she be nicer' - oh my god that just killed me. I think I have a sensitivity to those kind of manipulation attempts, but basically your entire description of Jack's MO was both plausible and maddeningly frustrating because UGH! How DARE he! But just that entire section, with the description of his words and what his kids say about him. So good. So dramatic. And the anniversary card (GRR!) as the central piece, such a great touch, (omg Jack. Could you be any worse?)
Then there was, 'her daughter, or her sonS' - which, feels! And 'but', of course, which, some more feels! And then you made Gavin her divorce lawyer, which as you know was just the icing on the cake for me :D. Yay for Sharon/Divorce, best OTP ever!