Reviews for All She Could Ever Want
percychased chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Um, this was interesting. Definitely not my cup of tea, but you did manage to make it seem as realistic as possible, so kudos for that. I'm guessing this doesn't stick to the canonical timeline, considering the fact Hermione's a seventh year and Snape's alive. You have wonderful description, though - [the way his voice caressed the syllables of her name]. I liked that.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
I really like the way you wrote Hermione here, trying to rationalize all the reasons why she shouldn't like Snape - it does seem perfectly Hermione, going through all of his qualities and thinking about how those qualities weren't desirable in and of themselves - and yet despite that, she likes him anyway. I also really liked the little bit with Mandy Brocklehurst and Hermione - Hermione/a Ravenclaw has always been a bit interesting to me, so I liked that you included that as well.

I really liked the bits of snarkiness in here - Hermione does have her snarky moments, and so I loved seeing her inner monologue for some of these lines - 'having to pretend he followed a megalomaniac with no nose and an appalling sense of personal style and hygiene', for one.

As someone who doesn't ship the pairing, I also really like how you kept it unrequited, and left the ending open - because of that, I found myself really enjoying the story, despite usually disliking the ship. SPaG was, as always, good - nice work!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
I honestly can't tell you how I feel about this, because on the one hand it was really well written, kind of funny and I just loved how you portrayed Hermione in this, but on the other hand I just can't see Hermione and Snape paired together.
So yeah, I'm pretty confused because I really want to like this story - it's really great, and I understand why people can like it. Objectively, I know that it you did a good job on this - but somehow I can't because I just can't stand the pairing you chose...
I hope this didn't come of as mean or anything, because I really don't want to be - and this was really well done too, so I guess that what I mean is that while this is really great it just isn't what I like. Not that I regret reading it though, because it was a nice experience :p
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
The way you opened this fic was really engaging, and had me drawn in instantly. It didn't start with a full blown description, but more leaving us wondering where this is going, and in my opinion, that is a great way to have a fic begin.

I really liked the way you ended this too. Once again, open ended, and not definite, and we can use our imagination as to what happens next. That's really good writing.

SPaG was great, too. Well done.
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Typos: "that sort of CANCELLED itself out"
I'm sorry if this review sounds in any way mean, because it was exceptionally well written and quite well done. The prompt was in there, and I liked how the whole thing was Hermione's thoughts. Just one typo, that's impressive, and the tone came out nice.
But I HATE Snamione. You're not about to change my mind, sorry.
Nevertheless, I got a good laugh out of the funnier parts-her questioning her sexuality, the greasy hair, and it was a nice piece. Good job.
Rosie Autumn chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Absolutely loved it! If you ever continue this you'd have my full support... :)
deletes chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
This was hilarious! I'm so impressed at how versatile you are as an author! I really don't like this pairing, so I'm glad it wasn't shown to be requited, but I was thoroughly amused at all Hermione's thoughts about his appearance and attitude and dress sense, etc. I never thought that canon Hermione had a great sense of humour, but since this was all in her head, I could believe it, and it amused me that she could be so funny underneath.
eltseth chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
oh my god, i love this! lovely idea! would love to read more, if you ever feel like it. xx
Kaline Reine chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
This is amazing. I love every second of it! :D
Winterinsomnia chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Good. You should continue this.
Eternally Seventeen chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Hahahah! You made this so funny and so cheery and so confusing (as in, a confused Hermione) all at once and it was brilliant :D I love the way in which you described Snape's nose and the way it could shred stuff, and that reference to punching Draco - I couldn't stop laughing :D Very well done, and that ending was freaking priceless - 'He was all she could ever want, and more.' AWHH. Mushyness amidst all that sarcasm and humour was such a lovely way to end this story! LOVE THIS :D