Reviews for Mukashi no Koi
Sanee chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Oh God. As someone who helps take care of the elderly, this really gives me case of the feels. And I love how Shikamaru is still with Neji even in their advanced age and Neji's declining memory. Such a sweet, sad story.
Liebert chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
loved it! It was awesome. Please write more Shikaji stories! :D
Okami Rayne chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Oh Tai...what a beautiful and poignant fic. I read this on the train and was immediately absorbed. This is raw and real on another level. A relationship and dynamic that's stood the test of time between characters. Gosh, the way you've written their dynamic from this second-person viewpoint...it really aches in all the right places, for many different reasons. Both from Neji's perspective and from the way you've put the reader in Shikamaru's shoes. It's not easy to write that kind of narative mode yet you've done it so incredibly well that it grabs hold of the reader in a very visercal way, inviting them to experience this relationship directly rather than just observe it. Heartbreaking, yet so human...the fragility of age and time...the vissisitudes that can come with it - as you described with Neji. His stubborness and his vulnerability. His rituals and the sense of sacredness that surrounds them...and Shikamaru's too - his own murmured prayer in comparison to Neji's ceremony. Beautiful contrast. Another thing that really hits the heart is Shikamaru's patience...his acceptance and affection. I truly admire writers who get into the skin and bones of the aged characters. You've captured it and created it so wonderfully, Tai! Thank you for sharing this fabulous piece with us!
Pint of cynical chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
My goodness, Tai, this was beautiful! 3 I love the new perspective that you put on this piece of writing. The way you describe the features of the characters without getting into too much detail. It allows me to paint a picture in my own mind. The addition of them growing old together and the slight hardship of that is amazing and poignant. Even though there wasn't a before fic to this, I can kind of see how they grew with each other til now. Thank you for once again writing stunning fanfiction as you do! _
Akira-kun chapter 1 . 12/14/2013