Reviews for Kept
sweetmint101 chapter 19 . 1/16/2014
That's a twist I didn't see coming. I was wondering how Kate would be found.
Lori Gale chapter 19 . 1/16/2014
Well, if the sequel is anything like this one, I will be anxious to read it!
willowmorrgainne1213 chapter 18 . 1/16/2014
I would soooo love to read a sequel to this ... please!
Nadia chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I would like nothing more than a epilog or a continuing of the story. You left with a sort of cliffhanger, we want to know how martha reacts, and if he ever will see kate and his son.
Krist0526 chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I can't bear with this.. I am still waiting for kinda happy ending.. though probably it is not really possible. I just want him to know his two babies.. I want them to have father, even if they came to exist in such circumstances..
I just wanna curl up and cry, refusing to believe that this is it.. I so need more. I want them to see each other again..

While reading this story I was imagining how this is just some kind of their sexy role-play - kidnapper and abductee.. how they are just gonna stop playing one of these days and have a very happy ending with babies on the way..

This is one of the stories I was really looking forward to and enjoying thoroughly. Would love if you continued this story.. or at least gave us a long epilogue.. with some hope?
XFchemist chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
My take for a happy ending epilogue. I hope you don't mind...

Several months have passed since Halloween. His mother managed to get all the truth out of him and she convinced him to seek a therapist to help him to deal with the trauma of his kidnapping and its consequences.

His hands tremble when he opens a large, brown envelope, very similar to the one he received last October. Inside there are two 3D ultrasound pictures of his babies.
On a small piece of paper there is a message.
“Please forgive me. Love, Kate”.
Under it he sees a New York address.
His daughter and mother are away for the weekend so he immediately grabs his jacket and leaves his loft.

After leaving Castle sedated on that bed, Kate started living her new life.
New identity. New city. New house.
But his words kept haunting her and in the end she decided to start therapy. She wanted to feel whole again. For her baby. For her and for Castle. Especially for him.
Even though she knew she didn’t deserve his love, his declaration was the only thing that gave her the courage to face her fears and demons. Therefore when she found out she was carrying twins she managed to send the ultrasound to him.
She will be forever grateful to him for what he gave her.

The nursery in her new home was almost complete. Her future seemed very clear yet now she is back in New York. She rented a furnished apartment and sent him a new ultrasound. She knows she will come.
It’s very risky though. He didn’t denounce her back then but now he could menace to take the babies away from her. She has to do this though. It’s the least she owes him after what she did to him.

She is watching the snow falling on the city when she hears someone knocks on her door.

Their confrontation is heartbreaking. They talk. They yell. They cry.
Guilt. Regrets. Shame. Sorrow. Anger. Love.
And after all is said and done they make slow sweet sex.

Safe in the arms of her lover Kate feels some contractions but she dismisses them. Her due date is in 3 weeks.
Some time later a sharp pain and damp sheets wake her up.
Castle calls 911 but there is a terrible snowstorm outside and it will take many hours before an ambulance can reach them.
He helps Kate during her labour and they immediately fall in love with their newborn daughter as soon as she watches them with her unfocused deep blue eyes.
Kate is beyond exhausted when he helps her to turn on her hands and knees and tries to relieve her pain by massaging her back.
Finally their son slips in Castle’s hands and lets out a powerful cry.

Hours later Rick and Kate lay together on the small hospital bed watching their babies sleeping.
They know their future still requires a lot of work. They both still need therapy.
He has to talk with Alexis and he wants to convince Kate to move in with him.
She is thinking about finding a job once the babies are older or maybe restarting her studies.
But now they are together and together they can face all the challenges in their lives.

...and since I'm a vidder and not a writer, I choose as song for this fic "All fall down" by OneRepublic.
purplangel chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
So many emotions reading and knowing that this is the last chapter. *And the ending of this story blows mine out of the water*

Awesome how everything was explained and how the story wrapped up in one beautiful bow. (or should I say two bows?) Fantastic cameo by Espo and of course I loved that Rick went to Roy for answers... I actually cried when I realized he'd still written Nikki Heat.

2 babies. I'm in awe of you woman. I'm afraid no other FF will ever come close to this utter geniusness. You can find me over there, - in the corner - holding back tears that this is the end.

And I'd 'favorite' this story a million times if I could because it's Thaaat Good!
Maxx6 chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Wow, that just...cruel! Oh my... what a mess. I know theoretically it's not love. Heel it's not healthy love in any way.. But I still kinda want them to get together and to raise their twins together but it's wrong at the same time... hell, what exactly did this story to my feels? :-o

As for your question, dear Trish. I don't know. I've never completed or published any fic so I'm no expert and have no right to critize. BUt IMHO this fic flows smoothly, the characters are believable (in a very OC way but well...with the plot, there is no other way... still there is smth from the real characters).
I've read it all right up to the 17th chapter in one go at archiveofourown. And then remembered 2 days after that to search for it on so I could get the update alert. That alone says a lot (in my case..;)) I'd LOVE sequel.
Rebel K-Becks chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I stumbled on to this story today, and when I began reading it I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but I decided to give it a shot. And I'm really glad I did. I think you tackled some very difficult subject matter and did so in a sensitive way. You kept both Kate and Rick true to character in a pretty surreal tale for Caskett.

Fresh, dark, and twisted, I'd love to read an epilogue or a sequel to this. Thanks for sharing your work.
FlawlessCaskett chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I don't review much so I guess it's a good sign when you get one from me, because this means something caught me so much that I had to tell you ;) please do continue this, if in a sequel or not can be as you please, but I desperately need a happy end for these two broken souls. I've been following this since you started it and I really enjoyed it a lot and I'd be devastated if you left them there because i need them to be okay and I need them to be okay together. Also twins. Love it. Please (this is me begging)
Lots of love
BecksSmoak chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Please write a sequel! The story was amazing! How the two of them interacted, that was great, witty, funny and...really good! But the sequel would be epic, if you'd write what about 99% of the fans want to see!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
you better damn well write that sequel i love this story as wierd as it is and i want to see them meet again
blufire714 chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
i must admit that i teared up a little with their separation..but OMG, twins ! aaaaaahhh ! i vote for an epilogue ! please ? :)
Guest chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I actually loved this story. At first I wasn't too keen on reading it due to the subject matter, but I decided it was worth a shot. If I didn't like it I didn't have to continue with it. You manage to write a fairly difficult subject matter rather well. It neither says whether it's right or wrong, it just is. You are an amazing writer to be able to give the story such depth. I would love to read an epilogue and even a sequel if you could manage it.
Soron chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Please let them meet again and will stay together
353 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »