Reviews for All These Broken Pieces Fit Together
Pentastic chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Cute
A reader chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
An adorable story. No doubt. I like how the story is made up of flashback moments that you have made so they come together nicely. Having the pool party start the story off and bring it to an easy close is also nice. Well-written, well done. As much as I love the great characterization, I must say that my favorite moment was reading the words "The Meating Place." When I came across them, I died a little inside in the best way because I adore puns. To call a burger joint that's a popular hangout among friends The Meating Place is perfection.
A reader chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
An adorable story. No doubt. I like how you played with time a little bit and had the majority of the story be flashback moments. Then using the pool party to start off the story and tie it off to a close. The interaction between characters were great. Despite all these nice qualities, my favorite moment in reading this story was when I came across the words "The Meating Place." I died a little bit in the best way possible because I adore puns, and calling a burger joint that's popular among friends The Meating Place is perfection.
Wildfly chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Nice.
Ulcaasi chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
:3 a little weird cause there's no line breaks between scenes but that aside THIS. WAS. AWESOME. Is there more?
Twin-Lupus chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
This was absolutely adorable! I love how you kept everyone in character and beautifully reinterpreted all the highlights of the canon. I love the idea of "Mr. Mortimer" and it was a lot of fun deciding how to imagine him (that one anime picture? just like Kid? the possibilities were endless).

You are a master of the little details that really make the story. I especially loved Soul bouncing Maka a little to adjust his grip when he first picks her up. It's a tiny detail but it really does happen and it just adds such a richness to the entire story. I always love your writing, and this was no exception. And thanks for all your hard work as a mod for Resbang! I really appreciate that you took the time and energy to pull off such an awesome fandom event!
a door ajar chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
This is probably one of the - if not the, best high school fics I've ever read! :) I loved that it was comprised of little, uncomplicated snapshots. The character development was present and subtle, and I loved how everything just flowed together :) The main cast was all here, and they all managed to shine in their own special ways (even if this was mostly Soul and Maka's story!) I particularly loved Kid in this and him getting transfixed in the 800-hall :) You didn't make him a caricature of himself that some are prone to doing, but you still gave him that OCD and symmetry-fixation he's known for! I also just like that it wasn't a typical high school drama where Soul's super popular and Maka's super recluse and unpopular. I like that none of that mattered here because they were all friends. The double date was ridiculously cute, and I adore your Soul's thoughts on wanting more but not wanting to pressure but it dating would be nice but only if she wanted that.

All in all, it was cute and feel-good and funny without being obnoxious :) I really enjoyed reading this! :D
Lueur-de-L'aube chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
I really really adore this fic. It's fluffy and a well-done take on the high school setting. There are just too many where Maka is the bullied outcast because she is a nerd. Of course, I always trust you to do the characters justice, including in a high school AU.

I love how the relationship between Soul and Maka was so uncomplicated, how it smoothly developed from simple friendship to best friends to a romantic relationship without any artifical drama. It was such a feel-good story, perfect for giving everyone warm and fuzzy feelings. Also a nice touch: the double date in which they attempt to be matchmakers but end up being kinda sorta matchmade :)

A very well written fic and I hope many others will take this story as an example when they write their high school AUs. I for myself surely will!
chaoticlivi chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Beautiful, Jeb! You did a high school AU right! Even made me feel all nostalgic about my own high school days.

I absolutely love how this fic is set up, too - opening up with the scene that comes after the closing scene, and also making the last line "But Maka's pretty sure it's also a beginning," which brings us back to the start. It really does give me "new beginning" feels, which is what I wanted the "End of an Era" theme to do.

All in all, really sweet.
monkkeyslut chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
AHHHH! This was too cute. I've seen some pretty botched High School AUs, but I figured if you were doing one it would be fabulous and you certainly didn't disappoint. You covered literally EVERYONE and I'm really glad you went that way rather than just focusing on Maka and Soul. And their gradual build into something more was really well done. I don't know if you're ever planning on doing another one-shot for a high school au, but I would totally be down to read that.
Adieu l'apathie chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
I thought this was super cute. Slices-of-life are really good breathers, and it's always fun to see how authors depict characters in AUs. I had fun reading about how Maka and Soul, for once, were the match-making conspiring friends. It was a pleasant and cute read.
Necessary Degree chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
In which Resbang ruins my life so early on in the day. I really do like how the beginning and ending meet back together (I think it's hella cute) and these bbies are just perf! This is definitely one of my fave Highschool AUs!
Thunderbreeze chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
This was so much fun to read. You did a great job with the whole high school experience in this story and it made me happy how you had Soul and Maka end up together. Thank you for writing this!
Lacrimosa Tomboy chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Ohmigod...awesomeness! This was a great AU story and I love the Soul Maka relationship... as always :-) You are a fantastic writer and I love to read everything and anything you post! Looking forward to your next update!
Professor Maka chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Fantastically adorable! I loved the circular beginning/ending.