Reviews for Where is My Homeland?
Guardian54 chapter 7 . 7/13/2009
I intend no offense, excellent work as far as RA1 is concerned, but...

RA1 designers did not look at reality:

Hind:

12.7 mm heavy machine gun under nose

compartment for 8 infantry

4 wing pylons (packs of 4 anti-tank missiles, 4 AA missiles, or rocket pods available, usually one of each fitted with the last pylon left for whatever pupose this mission is for)

Apache:

30mm chaingun under nose, can chew through tanks easily

4 or 6 (depends on model, but Longbows (in game) usually have 6)wing pylons (same loadout options as HIND)

Sorry if that was annoying, but RA1 was too biased toward

Soviet-Heavy, Slow, Powerful, Expensive (not if you choose Russia in skirmish, they have a 20% discount), Anti-infantry support units

Allied-Light (esp. Britain-20% Armour/Health discount), Fast, Weak(Not Germany- 20% firpower bonus), Cheap, Anti-armour support units...
Guardian54 chapter 6 . 7/13/2009
You're a great CnC author, I've read several of your works, though I think this is my 1st review for you.

Just want to inform you of something in RA1:

In the original CnC (Tiberian Dawn) Grenadiers can only throw so far, but in RA1, if you dial the game spped down to the slowest and the grenadiers are standing idle, you can force-attack a piece of groun in their range, and then target something else as they prep the grenade (at normal speed, you get half a second, that's why you dial speed down).

The grenade can fly across the map of you can move the frame fast enough. (Tried it, it worked.)

NOTE: if at normal game speed, you can at best hope to get 1 screen width, which is still normal range x about 5.
13th Airborne Soldier chapter 11 . 6/13/2004
Good work Troop! I like a man who identifies by division! What you need to do is have the allies capture a Soviet airfield and get the idea of Paratroops. Then have a call for volunteers go out and then Zach and Fritz can earn some Jump Boots. Some Parachute Divisions you could use are: The 13th Airborne (US) The 11th Airborne (US) The 1st Independant Airborne Brigade (US) The 6th Airborne (UK) The 1st Airborne (Ger) And for gods sake if you do paratroopers DO NOT drop in groups of 5 they drop in groups of a 10.
Corran chapter 6 . 2/18/2003
Good story so far. As far as I know, there are two designations for the MiG in RA: the MiG-29 in the cutscenes and possibly the one in the actual gameplay is somewhere along the lines of the MiG-27.
RagnarokZ chapter 8 . 11/7/2002
Good work...
Ayjay and Kari chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Hey! Nice story! The first battle was bassicaly a reenactment of the first mission in the allied campaign in RA1, but with more action. This was good. Make another chapter.
Kaiden chapter 3 . 10/3/2002
That was really good. Closely following the plot of RA, but yet still distant enough to be interesting. I read it with relish. About what you said before, I completely agree. There just don't seem to be enough serious C&C fanfics around. I wrote my own, but it's kind of labourious to read "Crimson sea". Anyway, that was really cool, can't wait to read more, by the way, sorry I couldn't help with giving any info.