Reviews for Weasley Girl: Secrets of the Past
Anonymous chapter 9 . 7/3
Well you've gone olympic length in order to fill most of the plot holes that actually are in the canon, and it still works perfectly? Brilliant!
Your writing skills are (or at least, in my humble opinion, seem) awesome. Makes me almost think you're J.K.R. in disguise. Besides, you've done *a lot* of research, didn't you?
All thumbs up (i.e 2 since i don't have more :p)
plz continue chapter 10 . 6/14
pleeese continue with the story, I want to know what happens next!
RabulaTasa chapter 10 . 6/9
I'm enjoying this "for want of a nail" style take on the series a great deal, and am eagerly looking forward to continued brilliance. Neville's immediate inclusion into the Gang was particularly inspired.

-John
Adunaphel1 chapter 10 . 6/1
Awesome! Update soon!
Dattebayo Luna and Ginny chapter 10 . 5/27
I love the way you have female Ron, she is not that different from male Ron. Hopefully you'll ship Ronnie and Harry together.
The Other J-D chapter 10 . 5/19
Raining Krups and Kneazles!

Would the ghosts rate as 'honourless scum'?

Actually it is possible that Lockhart is both an idiot and cunning enough to hide the truth from everybody - well, more or less.

Good rendition of Draco.

I see one of your reviewers thinks you're wasting an opportunity if you don't introduce romance. But JKR didn't introduce romance (as opposed to Ginny's childish crush, which you've appropriately maintained) for any characters under 15, and I don't think that was a waste of opportunity.

We know from canon that the Basilisk has the power to Petrify ghosts, and there's nothing in canon to say that it can only do so when it's looking at a person through the ghost. And although we don't know from canon that the effects of this power could extend to Peeves, we also don't know from canon that they couldn't.
The Other J-D chapter 9 . 5/18
As well as things we're getting that the characters aren't, there are details that are still mysterious: that's good.

Nice reintroduction of the Warning Fangs.

Immunity to potions means that a Mandrake Restorative Draught could never have any effect on any of Potter's Gang, right?
The Other J-D chapter 8 . 5/14
Favourite line: 'My Mum's a Muggle Professor in Mathematics, she's ten times smarter than you!'

When Ronnie observes that Harry 'had pretty nice hair', it makes me wonder. Is that the sort of thing a person might perhaps think if a person were starting to get a crush on a person ... ?

On the other hand, Neville's blushing when Ronnie hugs and praises him is no indicator; Neville would blush in that situation crush or none.

Lavender's reaction is - well, unusual, I think, but it is how some people would react, and I like seeing that diversity represented.

Still no idea who that wizard was that got so angry with the Grangers in Gringotts. Still want to know.

Canonically, the Order of the Phoenix calculated that the expiry of the blood wards would constitute a threat not only to Harry but also to the house at Privet Drive and the Dursleys, and made arrangements accordingly. Why didn't Dumbledore think of that here?
xenocanaan chapter 10 . 5/14
After reading the series up until now, I can't stop myself from hoping that Harry and Ronnie do get together, even if that isn't your focus or you don't think it will happen. I just can't help but root for them. That being said, I do respect what you are saying and since it is your story you have the final say. It won't stop me from wishing though!
DotTheAmazing chapter 10 . 5/14
Holy wow, this just keeps getting better and better! My biggest question is what's up with Peeves. He didn't react like a ghost, so does that mean he saw the Basilisk through some other ghosts, like what happened in the book, or was it something else? Killing off Peeves would be incredibly original, although if he's only Petrified because he's still some kind of ghost than that would make sense too.
fl000b chapter 10 . 5/12
I think that chemistry you talk about is exactly the reason Harry and Ronnie should get together in this version of the story :)
Vecktus chapter 10 . 5/7
I’m usually not in the habit of reviewing fics (nor do I think anything special for the ones I do), I like to sit back and just enjoy the ride, see where the story will take me without trying to influence the writer in any way. But this time I just have to say it. To me it seems just about a great waste not to add any romantic interaction. Why? You have a very unique situation in your history. Ronnie is pretty interesting and is well written; Ginny is actually a character here, and not only Ron’s-sister-that-has-a-crush-on-Harry. With the development of all their characters we could have a very interesting basis for romance interactions involving the three of them (I admit that was I looking forward to the Winter Ball, and what it would mean for Harry and the Weasley Sisters).

Well, that said I must congratulate your story. The way you change things that happened and make it actually have consequences that lead to other developments is the highlight of this fic. Very good and hard to execute. It makes the story fluid and more believable.

Looking forward to the next update.

Peace.
Silver chapter 10 . 5/6
This is pretty amazing! I didn't think it was possible for ghosts to really be effected by anything really and besides, even in the books and movies, their really just...there, I never recall anything really notable about them happening or any of them having a persistent role with the exception of Moaning Mrtyle or however you spell her name. In perfect honesty, I think Ronnie should have kept the diary and have been tricked like Ginny did. Not to be mean or anything, I just wonder how she and Tom would've interacted with each other if she was writing it bit more truthfully to him, and besides, it would've been more emotional to Harry to find Ronnie in the chamber of secrets instead of Ginny since she was his first real friend, I think it would've brought his more emotional side, as well as his more vicious side if Tom started down sizing her like Malfoy did. On another note, maybe around fourth or fifth year you could delve more into romance, example, it could be Ronnie who hugs Harry instead in the first task in the Goblet of Fire, because she's afraid he'll get hurt and besides, I think they'd look cute together You don't see a lot of female Ron fics. Also, I'd like to see Ronnie blushing and going girly around and towards Krum with Harry getting jealous, since Kurt showing interest in Hermione won't really make much of an effect on either of them, I just think it's an interesting twist if Ronnie hits a physical change in her appearance at some point and actually becomes a more note worthy beauty that even Malfoy notices.
Rumour of an Alchemist chapter 10 . 5/3
So the 'Heir of Slytherin' just petrified the Bloody Baron?
Oops.
TippyToe Zombie chapter 10 . 4/30
Yay! I'm a huge Colin fan... particularly of Colin and Ginny as a couple. I'm still loving this story.