Reviews for Weasley Girl: Secrets of the Past
nobody chapter 19 . 6/16
Totally disagree that the clues make sense in hindsight, because the answer was not something the reader could possibly know.
MariSkep chapter 19 . 6/14
Hopefully with all this being before Harry's sanity was brought into question, Fudge will be more inclined to listen. Still a bummer about Petunia. I always liked her as a character even if she's the sort of person I'd avoid in real life.

Thank you for the update!
readingpower chapter 19 . 6/12
I loved this chapter! I hope our art work goes well
Sienna chapter 19 . 6/9
This is one of the best Harry Potter fanfiction stories written! I honestly can't stand book (male) Ron, but I adore female Ronnie :)
Harry Potter looks like model Joshua Brand.
Quathis chapter 19 . 6/8
A bit more messy aftermath, but the battle was messier than usual. I do appreciate that your Dumbledore appears more well meaning and coddling, rather than a puppet master dancing the children on strings. Until next time.
Lady Sabine of Macayhill chapter 19 . 6/8
Great chapter.
MariSkep chapter 18 . 6/5
I think in canon Hermione has abosultely no desire to give Ron anykind of ammunition against her because canon Ron will never let her hear the end of it.

Somewhat more seriously, your Ronnie comes off as much smarter than Ron, although I think it's because you've given her so much more initiative. In the books Ron is very indecisive and while he's hot headed and tenacious, he's never shown going the extra mile for anything. Not like Ronnie has here especially with her commitment to learning a spell. It's the sort of leadership trait that people are drawn to and that, in my opinion anyway, Hermione would see as worth encouraging.
MariSkep chapter 11 . 6/5
Shirley Holes will forever more be my go to for any gender bent Sherlock Holmes stuff. Thank you, you wonderful wonderful person you.
Jeffery Mewtamer chapter 18 . 6/1
Well, this has certainly been one of the more interesting takes on the Chamber of Secrets plot I've read, and I've enjoyed how well you've interleaved some of the plot points from Prisoner of Azkaban into second year. Overall, this series is one of my favorite of the gender swap genre, and unlike some of the other's I've read, there actually seems to be hope of it being finished. Here's hoping you can stick to your plans of finishing Book 2 and starting Book 3 in 2017.
Queen Farli chapter 18 . 5/2
Wow, you are a wonderful author. I hate you because 3rd year uni exams are in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS and instead I spent an entire day reading these 2 stories but still...
So glad I came to it now and not on the last chapter :p
I love the changes you made - it is one of the MOST AU and most plausible stories I've read. Add to that good characters, good plot and a nice speed and lots of twists - just WOW!
Eagerly awaiting your next installment (please after exams! I can't be distracted with a cliffhanger now!), no rush - I'm sure you will take as long as you need to make the next chapter equally brilliant :)
Queen Farli
The Other J-D chapter 18 . 5/1
If the recorporealised sixteen-year-old Tom Msrvolo Riddle has escaped, he'll be heard from again: the villain of the third part of the trilogy, I'll venture? How will he compare in that role to the more experienced later version of himself? 'Like, and yet unlike', perhaps.

I missed out a question when I reviewed the previous chapter - will Petunia's ghost haunt the Chamber of Secrets?

And here's another one: was it one of the spells Dumbledore taught them that allowed them to wear blindfolds and still operate as if sighted?

Otherwise, what can I say but 'Well done'?
The Other J-D chapter 17 . 4/29
I didn't find this until you'd already published the next chapter, so the cliffhanger isn't a big deal for me. I like to think I wouldn't have been angry about it anyway, but that's something we'll never know.

So, instead of rating the cliffhanger, I'll compile a list of outstanding questions before I read on.

Will Tom Riddle be killed or discorporealised or otherwise eliminated, or will he survive for Weasley Girl Three?
Will the basilisk be killed?
Will Wormtail escape?
Will Sirius Black be exonerated and released from Azkaban?
How will Vernon (and Dudley) react to the death of Petunia?
Who else will die? who else will live?
Will Gilderoy Lockhart remain at Hogwarts?
Is defeating the Imperius curse really as easy and simple as having your ankles clawed by a cat?
What was that gesture Peeves was making as he was Petrified?
What were the two spells Dumbledore showed them?
How will Ronnie suffer organising Moaning Myrtle's deathday party?
And will Hermione's ex-D&D-playing father be thrilled that there actually is a sleep spell in the wizarding world?
The Other J-D chapter 16 . 4/29
The mirrors in those bathrooms must be fairly large. I suppose that's likely enough.

I hope the Shirley Holes references are going to peter out. Funny enough to begin with, but ...

It seems the story is now closing fast on some resolution - and Ronnie has been separated from Harry and Hermione and the rest of the gang for the occasion ...

Still liking the story; will be reading the next chapter soon.
The Other J-D chapter 15 . 4/27
I see that I arrived at the idea that Lockhart was avoiding Flamel for fear of detection of the Imperius curse at about the same time as Neville.

I liked Ronnie admitting to the possibility of some grudging respect for Lockhart if he was fighting against the Imperius curse.