Reviews for Drops of Blood
Whitlock's Girl chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
A beautiful story
Bashful Masher chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
I was hoping someone would write a fic set after this episode, exploring Bash's feelings and you did so wonderfully! Very in-character, but I hate to see him wracked with guilt... poor Bash is blaming himself far too much! Wanting to spare Francis pain (who never does the same for him) and hating himself for not killing Tomas instead... But Bash! You were injured and almost died and were so brave and wonderful to keep risking your health protecting Francis and Mary from Tomas! I wish someone would comfort and praise him on the show too, so you don't mind me talking to him here, I hope ;) ..."Had he said nothing to his mother of Francis' threat" ...No! Francis shouldn't have been threatening him in the first place, the big jerk! Bash had to warn his mom that their position/safety at Court might be at risk... And he's not responsible for Diane's decisions, really! But I understand why he blames himself for the Italians' invasion and attempted rape of Mary and the Ladies. But he shouldn't! Gah. Poor Bash.

This was wonderfully written and atmospheric... a ghostly gothic mood... I could feel how Mary was haunted and traumatized by her experience. And I have to say I much prefer your version of the aftermath of the episode...with Bash being gentle and comforting and a true selfless friend. Not taking advantage of her vulnerability and encouraging the unhealthy-but-typical post-traumatic attitude of we-almost-died-aren't-you-glad-we're-alive-let's-have-sex-now ... thing...that actually happened with Francis in the episode. It really disturbed me, although it was portrayed as a sweet loving Frary reunion. They hadn't even worked through their issues and he hadn't even apologized enough for the whole Olivia thing, and had just slept with Olivia the night before forgoodnesssake and there were just so many reasons why it bothered me, apart from my obvious Bash-bias. ;) Francis really has a pattern of getting physical and taking advantage of a crisis (even their first kiss, during the Tomas situation...as if *that* was an ideal time/way to first-kiss someone. And unfair and manipulative to make Mary fall for him more with physical intimacy...when she was probably leaving anyway. Great, then she can be even more miserable with Tomas...way to go, Francis.)

Sorry to ramble on like this! So, I love your story. Amazing poignant final lines again... Tortured Bash...oh it hurts. But at least Mary reached out for his hands! She does need him..even if she doesn't fully realize how much. He shouldn't try to distance himself for Francis' sake. Francis isn't worth it! But I'm not as noble and protective and self-sacrificing and wonderful as Bash... the True Hero of Reign. And tragic figure who breaks my heart. Sigh. But I'm glad he inspires great writers like you to...break my heart some more! ;)
SunshineFromMyHeart chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Nice one-shot,the kind of friendly interaction between Sebastian and Mary that are really lacking in the show.

And tormented/distressed Bash is the best ;).
Lil'Conqueror chapter 1 . 12/19/2013