Reviews for Outlier
scribblers chapter 14 . 5/22
This chapter was incredible, as usual! I was talking to my friend about it earlier (she doesn't read it but I'm going to make her as soon as she finishes watching YJ) and I kept cursing about Principal Donner and I think she had to try really hard not to make fun of me, haha! When I read the chapter, I specifically (I would bold specifically but I don't know how to do that in reviews) noticed that there a few transition sentences that were kind of plain (something I struggle with as well), but when I went to look for examples I couldn't find any, so. There's that. That's really all the specific criticism I can offer. Fantastic chapter, high Wally was so fun to read. Can't wait for the next update!
Violently Red chapter 14 . 5/18
I specifically loved EVERYTHING. Please update asap!
AuroralLight chapter 14 . 5/15
I really enjoyed the new chapters! I actually jumped back to the first few chapters to remember which story this was - then ended up reading the whole thing cause I could. :) I love seeing into the aspects of Wallys life we don't get to see on screen. How his powers affect his school life and relationship with Pied Piper especially. Keep it up! You've got a great story here. :)
KittyCat809 chapter 14 . 5/15
I'm in love with this story and I'm so glad you updated! One thing is though, I had trouble deciphering whom the teachers were as their intros were a couple chapters ago. Just some friendly feedback :). Can't wait for the next chapter!
Dmandude chapter 14 . 5/15
Okay.
Um wow.
YOU MONSTER. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO POOR WALLY, HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT.
*cough* 'Kay I'm good.

Wow. That was really good. These chapters just keep getting better.
Specifically now. I really liked the conversations and interactions that you had between the characters, as to me, they feel really fresh and alive. I think that maybe you could use a tad less foreshadowing maybe? idk. It just, sometimes feels slightly forcedish? Anyways.
I'm not quite sure that the thing with 'Her' is really working for me. I don't know who this person is, and I don't even really know how this person is affecting Hartley at all, or how they've influenced the person that he's chosen to become. Maybe some more information/backstory on who this person is, and they're relation to Hartley?

More specifics. But good specifics.
I love how you write Wally. It's just, the way that you write his thoughts, and nature, and how you really capture his impulsiveness in a way that's just really great to read. (High!Wally is canon now.)
And as I said before, I really admire the way that you're weaving this into the canon storyline.
And to be honest, I hadn't really noticed any of the possible date discrepancies at all, because you're writing flows so well that I actually just get absorbed into the actual story itself, rather than focussing on abstract details like that.

What a rant. Jeez.
Love the fic, keep it up!
PrettyKitty Luvs U chapter 14 . 5/14
I absolutely loved the chapter! Hmm... My favorite part was actually the whole chapter. It was such beautifully written and I could see it running like an episode in my head :D

Great job, dear and please update soon :)
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 14 . 5/14
The conversation between flash and Hal should be animated. It's just so funny. Every time KF's secret identity was threatened, I felt my breath hitch and visibly relaxed when t wasn't except for the third time. I'm not sure what to think since technically his real name hasn't been told
LadybugGirl7068 chapter 14 . 5/14
XD YAAS I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see how one teachers mistake turns into something more... Very interesting! Will be waiting for the next chapter, and awesome job on getting the episodes to line up with everything!
Lefanfictionnoob chapter 14 . 5/14
Damn u Will Donner. U ass. Exposing Wally like that (even though he didn't say Wallys name but stil). I'm guessing that batman is going to find out now and Wally is dead.
JaDe In NighT chapter 14 . 5/14
Wally become a junkie and his teacher will tell a 5 year old his secret , you dont have luck Wally
Aurora02 chapter 14 . 5/14
Ok, first of all: You have to update! I have to know what will happen next! This cliffhanger is as mean as you cliffhanger from chapter 8!

After this great chapter, I really think that you deserve a specific review:
I really liked your "Wally on drugs". He was just hilarious and so cute!
Also, I liked how you descriped the different thoughts and reactions of the teacher who now know Wallys secret ID. (but there's one thing that I find a bit strange: I never imagined Tish (as the nice chemistry teacher) trying to reveal Wallys ID, it was always Gabe (He was a bit harsh to Wally before the reveal.- no offence). But covering it up with a proposal- that was so sweet! And genius!
Furthermore, I like it that you stayed realistic. How many people were in this room? 100? 200? And no-one would spill the secret and blow Wally's cover? Come on! There must be at least one person who couldn't keep it to himself.
My predictions are: Donner will force Wally to meet his children (probably blackmail him), they will show-off to others (I mean, they are children! Have you ever met a children who doesn't show-off?) and soon the whole League will know it. (Or only the most important. Like Batman. There is no way that Batman won't know it: He keeps everything under surveillance- It's really a little wonder he doesn't know- yet.
But I still have one question: I admit I only have watched the first season of YJ and I' m no expert, but Marsians have telepathic power. Why doesn't Wally ask M'gann to erase the memories of the teachers? I know it's crual and inhuman, but it's still a better solution than the whole world knowing Wally's secret.
Keep your writing style. I like it how you describe the thoughts and feelings- I was so touched by the dialogue between Wally and Barry.
Great job! Update soon, I can't wait for more!

Aurora

PS: English is not my first language. Please indulge me and the mistakes I made.
Twilight Archangel chapter 14 . 5/14
Hai! So I was reading this and I decided you DESERVED (with capital letters) the best review ever! So here I come!

So I am taken. I seriously am. I mean, Wally had to go through surgery and in pain but he's Wally so he's obviously fine. But having Dick sitting by his side is... aww... so amazingly bromantic! I like. And Flash joking to the Team and pulling out a fake sob? That made me smile! I'm glad Dinah can have her motherly moment and make dinner for the boys... and Batman.

Now, Wally on a Flash footie pajamas? That's the cutest thing I've ever pictured! Thank you for that! I still don't know where he can put forty five dorito bags and fifty cans of soda. I mean... whut? I know he's a speedster and all but... how would that be when he goes to the bathroom? No wanting to gross you out but I've always wondered hahaha. And Wally high and giggling for no reason at all? #MostCute

His words to Barry... so amazingly... touching. If I was Flash, I would have sped up just to hug him. I mean, what's wrong with affection?

Now, going to Melissa. I'm not happy her husband left her. What a dick. But I guess trauma happens, but I'm happy she's not the one to spill Wally's identity. I mean, I would expect Trish or the Coach to spill. But not her. She didn't seem like the type so I'm glad.

Umm...how does John has signal on space? Just wondering. Anyway, I love Hal. Thanks for that brilliant dialogue. "My Green Lantern brother from another mother." Flippin' brilliant!

I really enjoyed Barry's and Hal's bromance talk. I know they're best friends. I haven't read much of their friendship in fics, maybe because Hal is not that big in YJ. Seriously, he could had had more presence! I mean... meh. Anyway, really nice thing. I have a new bromantic relationship favorite (after Dick and Wally) on my list!

I remember the turkey scene in "Agendas". Really nice! You have done awesome adapting the episodes into the story! You really have? We should email WB and tell them to make your fic canon. We should. I'll start a petition.

TOLD YOU! It was Trish who was going to spill the beans! I knew it! Good thinking Coach, proposing to save a speedster. Real smooth.

Pied Piper. That son of a... He was supposed to be Wally's friend. How could he?!

"Walla-walla-wallaby." Are you insane?! That's the most endearing moment ever! I want Hal as my uncle. Now.

I'm glad they're having such a good time. Wally seems happy with his family. It's good to know, really.

I knew it. Donner was going to mess up. I just knew it. He had the most blank face during the meeting. I know, his kids, but... Wally won't be happy. Barry won't be happy. And when this news break... Wonder Woman and Bats will take turns in skinning Wally. I just pictured that. Not nice. Not nice at all...

All in all, this was an amazing chapter. You are such a great writer. I am writer too, not just of fics but books, but you have an ability to do humor that I think I lost. So kudos for you. Really, you do great. You analyzed the characters so good that now it seem they're yours. I wish I could write like you. I have a great imagination to make stories, and I make good books. But somehow, making fics is harder and normally I can't write them as well. But you... you're a Master.

Would you take me as your apprentice?

So. GREAT WORK!
YOU'RE BACK! Thank GOODNESS. I was holding out the tiniest sliver of hope for this story. You're lucky that you write so well or I would have saved myself the emotional pain and given up ages ago. But alas. Your storytelling skills are too much. Please don't leave forever again. I know how time consuming college gets (excuse me while I drown in the engineering curriculum), but I'm gonna need you to not. You have a story that's actually good and I'm in too deep man! I need this! And it's your fault that I'm addicted so you gotta finish! If you didn't want this you shouldn't have posted such a damn good story!
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 12 . 5/13
Your prose is fairly good and I like how easily you incorporate the events of the show within your fic. My only nitpick is that I think Bruce would be far more concerned over Dinah supposedly taking advantage of a teenage boy than her supposedly cheating on her boyfriend
Violently Red chapter 13 . 5/12
I almost cried when I saw your update dude. I love it and you are perfection.