Reviews for Glimpses In The Life Of A King
TimeturnerJasmy chapter 1 . 6/1
This was wonderful. I love people who really get Thranduil's character. Also, THANK YOU for writing a Legolas who is old enough to have witnessed the Last Alliance. It always annoyes me that so many people write him so young.
Elanor25 chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
I'm completely agree with you. Thranduil is a different kind of elf: sometimes is rude, but also you can see how much he worries for his people and son. He's not a high elf like Elrond or Galadriel, almighty and immaculate. Sometimes it seems more human and real, maybe that's why his character attracts me so much and leaves me with so many questions. The few times that he's mentioned, Tolkien leaves room to create and imagine who he might have been and why he decided to stay when all the others left.

I think Legolas is so much like him. I'm convinced that we can know how is Thranduil through our favorite young elf. By the way, I read once that Legolas couldn't be more than six hundred years old. So, in my mind, he's still a teenager when he left with the Fellowship. Can you imagine Thranduil's pain and worry for his only child? But he knew the importance of this quest, otherwise, he would never have allowed to send Legolas to the Council of Elrond.

Thranduil just loved Middle-Earth, more than any other elf. Although in the end, it is also likely that he left to Valinor when there was nothing else to guard in his beloved woods.

I love the way you portray him. Thank you for your stories!
KimicThranduilion chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
I know I'm really late in stumbling upon this story of yours but it's just so very good. I really just wanted to show my appreciation for the way you easily weaved together Thranduil's story and assent to the throne. Before I hadn't found any stories that described how Oropher and Thranduil came to take the throne to my satisfaction but I will happily accept this head canon. It's very believable and a beautifully written piece. I also loved the interaction between Thranduil, Oropher and Legolas. All in all I really enjoyed this. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2016
Perfeito!
emi chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
I enjoyed reading this again. The first scene with Fion, the banter between Thranduil and his father and later his son over who is their people's favourite, the sorrow when his family breaks, the determination to keep his people safe and his talk with Celeborn. I hope Celeborn is wise enough to understand Thranduil's answer.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
Legolas is a sindarin elf. Tolkien mentioned that the sindarin mixed with the silven elves but he made it known Legolas was a sindarin and in all likelihood thranduil married prior to his arrival in greenwood the great
SmileyXs Ice-cream Sprinkles chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Sings Diddo :D
Smiley chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Hehe Sings Love It . Love seeing glimpses of Thranduil. so that's how Thranduil and Fion the Fion became friends so sweet and cute . Oh dont tell them Mellon-nin I said cute or sweet I think Thranduil would stare at me at first then who knows . Fion would likely chase me around after saying GIRLLL cause I am a silly girl ;) and would catch me cause I am really slow and love enjoying the sights and cant out run an fast elf especially an experienced ranger ( I wouldn't call him old since you are only as old as you think you are and I have felt old for years and also cause dont know want he will do afterwards) . So pretty Please :D gives puppy eyes
Hehe anyways Love the facts as well :D have a great day :D
Eraman chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
I like it. I especially like that you made Legolas meet and actually fight alongside his grandfather. Not many authors do that and I really like that you do. The chemistry between the three is amazing also.
Brightpath2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I like it. It gives a bit of backstory on Thranduil that we don't get from the Lord of the Rings and the hobbit
aronoiiel chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
This was one of the more powerful and concise character studies of Thranduil I have yet to read. I really liked the pacing and the inclusion of key factors that shaped his current character. I adored him meeting Fion and my poor heart shattered and swelled with pride when he faced so much loss yet his son became his rally point. That last bit with Celeborn was most definitley icing on this rather delectable piece. This I think is one of my top favorite pieces you have written yet and thats saying quite a bit given my love of your work.
emi chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
After having seen the Hobbit second movie this feels wonderful.
I enjoyed it a lot.
Eldariel chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
It's brilliant! I love to see a bit more of 's like you said, he protected the Great Greenwood all these years with little help from others. Must have been terrible to see it slowly turn into Mirkwood and not being able to do anything about it. And in the final battle his son wasn't even there with him. So he had to fight the battle and worry about his son. Poor Thranduil :-(
Philosophie88 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
I just came across your stories the other day and I greatly appreciate them. Not only are they well written, but they are very plausible. What is interesting about this story is the fact that Legolas is alive while Oropher is still alive. I personally always thought he was born after the First War of the Ring, but since Tolkien never said, I just assumed... But I like your stories and the grandfather-father-son interaction. I also like that they are not romances, but still include love and family! Beautiful one shot... You sketched a lovely portrait of Thranduil and his duty as a king and love for his people! Thank you!
Win Lockwood chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Beautiful, I just love it.