Reviews for Breakaway
rckyfrk chapter 17 . 12/27/2016
But...but...

Okay.

Just when did she come to the realization that she was ready to go there with him? One minute she voices her realization that things are changing, then she's reading the Bible, then she's pulling condoms from her secret stash and...yeah. I am NOT complaining, and know that a lot of soul searching and decision making can be accomplished in a week's time.
Looking forward to your triumphant return!
rckyfrk chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
Poor baby Daryl. I'm a little nervous that Beth's knife is now out the window...literally.
rckyfrk chapter 15 . 12/27/2016
Bless your heart! I'm glad everything worked out for you and your baby - congratulations, by the way.
It kills me that there's only two chapters left and they've just now started with the teasing/flirting. Ah, well.
Seriously, if there's anything I can do to help get you back to writing...
rckyfrk chapter 14 . 12/27/2016
You almost had me crying when they were putting Judith to bed. Guh. My heart.
And honest to god I truly thought when they were the last two at the campfire and Beth was beyond nervous and he FINALLY started to answer and just said "Hell" I was completely ready for him to just kiss her. It works the way you did it, because they probably aren't ready, but the fact that she voiced what he'd been thinking was just...sigh...
You got me rambling. A true sign of a great chapter.
rckyfrk chapter 13 . 12/26/2016
I find it interesting that Daryl was picking up on a vibe between Carol and Charlie. Just how many people are going to comment to either of them "I see how you look at each other" before they stop just looking?!
rckyfrk chapter 12 . 12/26/2016
I have mixed feelings about all that. One, bummer about morgan. Two, calm down Daryl. Not super happy that he stormed off like that, even if he did return. Three, really not sure how I feel about Carol and Judith. I mean, I'm very relieved to see Judith survived, just not the biggest fan of Carol's. Regardless, this was a good chapter.
rckyfrk chapter 11 . 12/23/2016
"I got you." "I know."
And rckyfrk dies a little. From cuteness.
If I were hiding from a herd of walkers, in Daryl's arms would be in my top 5 places I'd rather be. Possibly top 3.
Who's Jeanette?
rckyfrk chapter 10 . 12/22/2016
God. Bless. Paul.
Give that man a medal and a parade, for he is the true hero of this story.
In my head, a year from when this chapter takes place, they happen upon him again and have a new little baby to show off. But that's just me.
I really enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for writing it!
rckyfrk chapter 9 . 12/21/2016
I love when they fall asleep and somehow magically wind up in each other's arms. Sigh...
rckyfrk chapter 8 . 12/21/2016
I like seeing Daryl teaching her to defend herself, but is still protective of her, never far from her side. I suspect after the last couple chapters, he's pretty much guaranteed to stay close to her from now on. It's good to see them getting a little closer. Can't wait for them to get a LOT closer, but I'll try to be patient.
rckyfrk chapter 7 . 12/20/2016
God, the tension watching this all unfold. It was hard to read, but I must say, well done! Every little snag Daryl came across just...guh. And holy quick thinking, batman! Going along with nate that way. And then to take such good care of hr like that. Incredible.
What would he have gotten? A morning after pill?
rckyfrk chapter 6 . 12/20/2016
Ugh. No. I knew it. I just knew. As soon as Beth said "go ahead and go hunting" that something was going to happen.
Guh.
rckyfrk chapter 5 . 12/18/2016
When you gave the warning about abuse, I really thought you meant Daryl was going to talk about his childhood. I had no idea...god, that was so sad! I'm really glad they got out of that house.
Kind of nervous about Woodbury.
rckyfrk chapter 4 . 12/17/2016
"And the kneecap went flying." Gross.

I LOVED Daryl brushing out her hair for her. And that arrow for an answer but was such a nice little touch. Well done.
rckyfrk chapter 3 . 12/16/2016
I'm glad Daryl was there to keep her from having to do that herself. And for taking care of bob.
Also, just because she found a watch doesn't mean Glenn is dead/a walker. It could be a walker attacked him and the watch fell out of his pocket but he's still alive. It could happen.