Reviews for To Dance Free In Valimar Once More
RainySunshine chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
I came to check and see if 'The Butterfly's Son' was back up, but when I saw this little piece I just had to read it. Very pleased I did too. It was lovely and I don't see many sil fics with this pairing.

Well, anyways, I was curious as to whether you are going to repost 'The Butterfly's Son', because I was quite addicted to that story once upon a time. The prequel to it (I can't remember the title) is down as well, am I right? *Sigh* I do miss them.
Newmoon chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
This is so beautiful! I loved it! The language you used was wonderful, and even though haven't finished reading the Sil, I found that I could appreciate it.

I also have a quick question that has nothing to do with the fic: What happened to The Butterfly's Son? Did it get removed or something? I was really enjoying that...
Kero chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
I love this.

I think your prose is beautiful. I think your description of the Vala is very well executed and I love how you've captured the way they feel about Melkor.

This, i think, is one of the better fics on

I am a 'serious' fan. I'm not mad keen on the silm, but your prose has brought alive this part of it. Thankyou.

Incidentally, because i've a thing about leaving a review that's 100% fluffpraise, have you thought about putting this in the Silm section? It'd belong far better there.
Kero chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
I love this.

This, i think, is one of the better fics on

Elerian chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
The elegance of your words recalls the music of which your character speaks. Well done, very well done.
AndrewB chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Well, I can't claim to be a serious Silmarillion fan (actually, to be any sort of... no, I know when to shut up), but I liked this a lot. I found it rather moving, actually.
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
A lowly reader? Dont be stupid...that story was great! Thats what we Silmarillion writers need: gapfillers! As far as I remember, nobody has written yet about Tulkas and Nessa, and they should be very proud of having this fic, that compliments their divine nature so well. So they helped Melkor with their song, hmm...! That was why Tulkas was, together with Mandos, the only that saw through his hypocrisy? Interesting idea.

Ive read in one of your reviews that you like Eöl. Is much to ask to demand a little story from you? _
alena chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
This is beautifully written. Especially the opening: spine-tingling. It's so rare to see a piece about the Valar; and your portrayal of Tulkas and Nessa is just right: powerful, strong, yet not remote at all.
Mouse chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
This is lovely! Just lovely! Very sweet and genuine. Melkor's warping of the Music is excellently handled, as well as the relationship of Nessa and Tulkas. I don't know what else to say, just that I really like it. The Valar get so little writing. :D Thank you!
Casey Toh chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Darn Melkor and his fall from grace. I like Tulkas, and to think that Melkor took something that was beautiful and warped it into darkness and shadows is indeed something to rage about. Cool fic!
Finch chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
This is more than just very romantic (which it is, too): it's original, and it tackles a philosophical and theological question. I've no idea why you think this is 'pushing it' with serious Silmarillion fans, and I count myself as one. Well done.
Belthronding chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
This is really great! I haven't read many fics about the Valar, very original and nicely told. :)
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
A Valar romance? (sort of, anyway) Why should anyone get upset? I applaud you for writing such a sweet tale - and about two characters that I've never seen a fanfic about (not that I claim to have read all Silmfics on this site) Very nice!
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
Oh, this is really sweet and romantic. I don't think any Sil-writers should quibble with you. It's a great couple to write about, and this is the first story I've seen about them.