Reviews for Shameful Customs
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 1/21
You just wanted to write smut and we all know it :) Thanks for the canon smut!
Queen of the Skye chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
The soul-bond idea was a very nice touch.

I think you should know that I'm just smiling over here. Ear to ear grinning. I like this very much.
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I found the whole "no sex" thing shocking. Poor Elves. But this was a great little story. Very interesting.
Giver of Song chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Sexy, sweet, beautiful. Love that you have Earwen having such a free-spirited, erotic, and loving personality. I agree with the Teleri, why should a couple who truly loves each other stop making love simply because they are not going to have anymore children? The Illuvater made sex to be not only a way to create new life, but also to bring pleasure to the mind and souls of its particpants.
That Other Half chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
Haha!

Gosh. What an interesting concept. :)
wellduh chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
You like taking accepted, well-known concepts, and messing them up completely, don't you?
Belegstrongbow chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Okay, that was an interesting quote about the physical desires. I can't even imagine sex between two elves so it was a bit difficult for me to control myself during the read. Stange but well written
Mouse chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
There's really not much I can add to the other reviews, except that I like it as much as everyone else does. _ A romance that really rings genuine- Finarfin's wonder that his wife can love him is very touching, and Earwen's characterization is delightful. A sweet and moving story.

Makes me a little curious about Teleri customs, too ... :D
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 10/3/2002
Slow me. I meant to review this earlier, but family members incessantly hogging the internet meant I had to wait a while...

Your Eärwen is great! And Finarfin... aaw, so caught up with the customs of his people and what is considered "right" he thinks about it even at moments like this... I'm glad he's got Eärwen to make him misbehave occasionally!

And when it comes to the reviewy bit, I can only goggle in wonder and agree with what the other reviewers have said. Pure brilliance. And it's so nice to see some happy Silm characters for a change!
Finch chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
As others said before: To Mandos with the Laws & Customs - isn't that where they came from in the first place? It can't be said often enough how brilliant it is to attribute them to one particular tribe among Tolkien's Elves - and the most troubled lot at that.

But you go beyond that by turning the customs of the Noldor into a boomerang infallibly hitting Finarfin on the head when he sees his not really all that virtuous self (see the first sentence of the fic...) through the eyes of his wife. Great!
Claudi007 chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
Beautiful story. I'd say something more clever, but it's late and my mind isn't working right. But, really nice, and the characterisation of Finarfin seems so perfect, though we see hardly anything of him in Tolkien's work.

Wonderful job.
Moonstone Tears chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
This was an amazing peace of work! *douses herself with cold water*

Your writing is so smooth and flawless. It links extremely well and the reader is drawn into the story so that you forget its just that - a story.

This was fantastic and I have to say a heeeuge thankyou to Soledad for requesting something like this from you D
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
Another wonderful story, and very erotic! I particularly like Finarfin's discomfiture when he sees the way he appears through his wife's eyes while making love (obviously wondering how anyone could love a person who looked like that, while completely ignoring the fact that he isn't bothered in the slightest by Earwen's own facial expressions during their lovemaking), and Earwen's affectionate, teasing response at the end.
Furius chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
Well, good for Finarfin and Earwen. The Finwians can always do with a little more happiness. Perhaps this one of the reasons that the elven ner and the nis are less distinguishable than humans? For some strange reason, I am now thinking that it is more than Finarfin who broke their custom. Fingolfin and Feanor are evidently not less hot-blooded than their younger brother. This certainly makes A Very Fire even more plausible. Great writing, good to see the presence of neglected characters.
Shauna chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
How wonderful! You truly do Finarfin and Earwen (so oft neglected) justice. It's so nice to see a Noldo *happy* - and a het romance, which as I've said before, are rarely done in this fandom.

My favorite parts - well, first off let me ask whether you've ever read Stranger in a Strange Land? There's a scene in that book very similar to Finarfin's experiencing sex from Earwen's point of view. I also like Earwen's dialogue - she's very playful to Finarfin's serious somberness.

Anyway, from the brief discussion to the passion between them, you truly make them equals.