Reviews for Black Princess Ascendant
Raved Thrad chapter 29 . 3/28
Alas poor Canary. Birdcaged in one universe, squibified and Obliviated in this one. Poor girl just can't catch a break, can she?
Covante chapter 13 . 3/25
Neville having his godparents around made him MORE confident about not showing any magic until he was nine? The same godparents who dumped their 15 month old daughter off on Petunia? Those people made him feel assured of his place in the world?
Covante chapter 11 . 3/25
If Jen is a prefect too then would Neville even have any authority over her? Wouldn't they be equal peers still?
Covante chapter 8 . 3/24
One of the legends about Merlin is that he lived his life backwards through time. So if Merlin is a rather long lived wizard (In the movies, Dippet was 300 something and there was even a guy older than Flamel) and he was a grey bearded old man in Arthurian times then him being a kid in the early Hogwarts years could make sense. Or at least as much sense as some of the other things Rowling comes up with.
sasserus snape chapter 23 . 3/10
I seriously look forward to the disclaimers almost as much as the next chapter
Mad Elf chapter 43 . 2/21
I'm re-reading these series (because they're awesome), and I noticed something in this chapter that I must have missed before:

- Jen jumps high into the air.
- Electricity crackles around her.
- A devastating beam of white energy crashes down to hit the ground below her.
- Much damage is caused.
- She crashes into the ground herself, stunned.

It sounds as if you're describing Tesse's "Chou Denshi Eraser" attack from versus fighting game Waku Waku 7. Except Tesse's clothes fall off when she jumps up, and she doesn't fall back down until the move is complete. (YouTube id STNIqql0wf0, around 1:31)
Inherent Mercurial Dichotomy chapter 3 . 1/24
In response to your A/N about Lily, I actually like what you did about Jen's blood adoption. Life isn't fair and things don't always work out for people who deserve it. I think your treatment of Lily is realistic and I think it adds great depth to your story.

Also, your characters growing in ways you didn't want or expect them to is great. It speaks to your depth as a writer following their paths.
Inherent Mercurial Dichotomy chapter 2 . 1/24
Lol no flames for the blood adoption from me. I'm glad you explained what happened. You left so many hints about it that I actually kept on going back and checking I hadn't missed the explanation of what had actually happened whenever there was a hint about it. Great chapter!
jonesh611 chapter 16 . 1/15
Glad I was able to catch the quote this time! "Law Abiding Citizen", a very interesting watch
Zaari Vael chapter 43 . 12/1/2020
I love stories in which Aurors and inner circle Death Eaters are truely impressive combatants. In canon the DMLE was useless and Voldemort and all his followers knew only how to use unforgivables. Tonks is a great character so I was super happy and surprised to see her
Zaari Vael chapter 38 . 12/1/2020
Holy shit. The reveal of Dumbledore's meddling was awesome. I really hope Jen can explain to Lily the prophecy and why Dumbledore said she was a squib and should be sent away.

As terrible as it is, the mental image of Flitwick getting a glance of Jen screaming in rage in the middle of an inferno and thinking, "I better come back later." is hilarious.
Zaari Vael chapter 25 . 11/30/2020
she just summoned the scar out of Potter's head? Amazing.
Zaari Vael chapter 9 . 11/28/2020
Voldemort being polite to his house elf! I need him to start torture cursing followers at random to restore sanity, or lack thereof, to the world.
Zaari Vael chapter 6 . 11/28/2020
well things sure suck for Jaz right now. she's been manipulated for a very long time. I hope the hallows provide her an escape from eternal servitude to death, but the prospect looks bleak. she has to defeat voldemort before her 17th birthday so no 7th year i guess.
So long ago chapter 28 . 11/22/2020
I’m so glad to hear that there will be no more candyland!
I don’t get why you keep bringing it up, hopefully this will be the last of it in all books.
3,749 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »