Reviews for Black Princess Ascendant
Adipocere chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Hm, I suppose you could always try using Ogham. It is afterall a script that was developed and used a bit closer to the region hp is set in. Well, closer than Norway and Egypt at the very least.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Great chapter, can't wait for more.
cross-over-lover232 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Latin perhaps? that IS the root of many laungaues?
Lucy's Echos chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
This was a very awesome opening chapter for the sequel, I enjoyed reading it. I think my favorite part of this was having Jen weakened with that fever from the Summer Solstice/Lightest day of the year, I've never seen another writer make use of this point, with their dark or black magic practitioners, I also really enjoyed the subtleties and the snubbing when Dumbledore arrived at the house. Also I'm loving how the plot is advancing this early into the sequel, a lot of fanfiction I've read, the writers have the first chapter as a general introduction or a summery of what occurred in the first book, its really refreshing to see something different. I loved that last part with Narcissa in her point of view showing us what lead to her sudden appearance at Grimmauld Place, it would have been a very evil cliffhanger for a first chapter to leave off when she apparated wounded. Well I guess its very save to say that I can't wait for more!

Also I don't really know much or anything about runes, so I couldn't really suggest anything from any real world knowledge, but you could include typical fantasy languages as runes (Elvish, Orcish, Toll...etc.)
Iceflame55 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Well done there :). And gives Jen even more reasons to be very upset indeed at Voldermort.
Vejjies chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
I suppose you could always use the Chinese characters, they fulfill the requirement of being old, as well as having a specific meaning attached to each character. Aside from that I can't think of many languages that fulfill the implicit requirements for runic languages.

Excellent first chapter, although, I am still a little confused, did this chapter run in reverse-chronological order?
laurenrulez1 chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Continue soon please
Redwood Rhiadra chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
wrt Runes: Phoenician or Hebrew, maybe?
Magus Neon chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Mayan or Incan both have written languages with mystical properties. You might try one of them.
Victory of Fire chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Hooray! I look forward to the next chapter.
The Sinful chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Glad the sequel is up. Well in magic, usually older languages are stronger; so I imagine anything with a few millennium behind it would do. But languages ain't my thing so I can't really help.
discb chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Mayan is very picturesque but I'm not sure if it carries the rune feeling that other languages have when people think of magic. Their (Mayan's) history of sacrifice could lead to the argument that Britain(JKR wiz world anyway) might have painted it into blood magic or necromancy and have banned it, but then that could be something Jen might have been taught in the past giving her an advantage in the class. Any Semitic language such as Ugaritic may be what you're looking for if you'll be focus on the kids crafting their own runescripts rather than just learn things like a blasting or healing rune. Old Persian Cuneiform, Mongolian Horizontal Square Script, and Kulitan are in the same boat as Semitics but are gorgeous. Blackfoot would be funny considering Jen's family... Anyway I'm just listing stuff at this point, here's a site you might find useful. omniglot(dotcom)(slash)writing(slash)

Great stuff as always and I can't wait for the 3 weeks to be over for the next update.
User Profile chapter 1 . 12/18/2013