Reviews for Black Princess Ascendant
So long ago chapter 7 . 11/19/2020
Great story so far. Because it’s been good that the point below bothers me so much.

I’m confused by this “no money “ issue, it doesn’t seem realistic. If you have enough money to sustain a family of 3 with no additional income for 15 years, you have enough money to buy a house. If they were burning principal, then money would be an issue before now, if it hasn’t become an issue, you still have money for a smaller house.

It just seems one of those “the writers says so because its convenient for the plot” type of things.
AudiArcher chapter 40 . 11/18/2020
I always feel a little silly commenting on stories when I’m so late to the party and they already have so many reviews that everything I can think to say has probably been said enough times to be exasperating.
THAT being said, I’m gonna go ahead and just say the said things now I guess.
- HOLY SMOKING INSANITY BUSH. HOW ARE YOU WRITING SO MUCH (two different stories at least), UPDATING SO OFTEN (more frequently than any WIP I’ve been unfortunate enough to become invested in), AAAAAAAAAAAAAND IN MEDICAL SCHOOL?! There’s this series I found not too long ago, “Pureblood Pretense” by Murkybluematter, and the protagonist Harry/Rigel does ALL the things. The discord server is called “Harry get some sleep”. I want to make one for you called “Silently Watches get some sleep” but it’d sound like I’m promoting somnophilia or something. PLUS. You’re not a fictional character with a time turner and readily available pepper-up. So. Silently Watches. ~Actually~ get some sleep.
- I live my life for your disclaimers. I keep coming up with new ones to suggest to you and then I remember you already posted all the chapters. Here’s some anyway.
— did people say producing a Patronus is so difficult that many adults aren’t able to and then spend the rest of the series having everyone toss them around like texts? If so...
— did Harry find a massive, secluded, and historically significant secret chamber and never visit it again?
— Did Honeydukes profit from, and therefore probably conspire to have the Dementors all over Hogwarts? If definitely, then...
Ok. That last one is too obvious to be funny #therealvillian. I have more but I’m going to save them for later.
- I understand the brothel thing, in that it provides them kids with a means of keeping themselves safe and sheltered but I just wish that Jen could separate herself far enough from the mindset to see that the kids are still being hurt, even if it’s on their “own terms” in a “controlled environment.” But she, like many of them no how much worse things could be. But now she knows enough magic and has enough intelligence to be able to conjure muggle money, launder it, and give it to the kids so they don’t have work to live (as kids shouldn’t). I know too well the tricks our minds can play on us to make us think that the way our damage manifests is one of our favorite things about ourselves. We convince ourselves that we love our demons so they can’t hurt us anymore. I just want Jen to get that and help the kids take care of themselves another way.
- if Vespa dies so will I
- I want Hermione to know EXACTLY what happened to Jen at the Dursley’s. And I want Lilly and James to know EXACTLY what happened after the Dursleys. I want it so bad I feel like I’m burning up.
- that’s all for now. I write too slow (unlike other people) to say all the things now. But maybe later.
DeadFish37 chapter 22 . 11/18/2020
Mocking Jen's connection to muggles - Hermione's second line in their conversation - doesn't really classify as "making an effort to be somewhat friendly" in my book. You've got Hermione doing exactly what Dumbledore is doing, on a smaller scale.
angela340278 chapter 29 . 11/14/2020
Dolores should have waited or gone public with the information.
Zasha the Cat chapter 27 . 11/10/2020
You’re making me love Voldemort. Why? Why must you make him so lovely if he’s going to die?
Zasha the Cat chapter 24 . 11/9/2020
I just thought I should mention before I forget that this is an amazing fanfic series; the writing, plot, and characters are as good as they have been in every published novel I’ve read, and probably better than some of them.
FireFrost076 chapter 4 . 11/1/2020
Whoa.*is shocked*
FireFrost076 chapter 3 . 11/1/2020
Ignore the misunderstanding in my last review, I get it now. Sirius is playing a much bigger role in the order this time around! I'm glad he's got the opportunity. Great chapter. The prophecy! I wasn't expecting it this early! (No complaints. Jen isn't one to stew in ignorance)
FireFrost076 chapter 2 . 11/1/2020
I didn't expect the permanent change in her eyes. I think Krum and Pomfrey have seen them green? Sucks I won't get Snape's reaction to seeing Lily's eyes, but I respect the decision. This'll really drag James through the mud ] but of course I'm gonna feel bad for Lily
Fairy King Oberon chapter 11 . 10/27/2020
actually Snape never did owe Harry a life debt. he owed James a life debt, but not harry
Iamtheonlytruejoker chapter 22 . 10/25/2020
Let her die with gusto
AndrewWolfe chapter 43 . 10/20/2020
Enjoying the re-read!
Edgeofdoom chapter 11 . 10/16/2020
'and Dad said she wasn't happy there' understatement of the millennia right there, James
Marshmallowmann chapter 11 . 9/28/2020
lmao lily is such an absolute moron it's ureal. always funny to read. massively delusional
Itack23 chapter 43 . 9/23/2020
Well, bigest surprises in this seconde part of the story: Umbridge actually being a reasonable human being using of LOGIC (the things too underrated by wizards!) and Tonks being far more dangerous than she like to pretend!

Thanks for the story, I'll read the sequel asap!
3,749 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »