Reviews for Fractured Moonlight
Tashaluvya chapter 8 . 12/1/2014
Wow this was heartbreaking and beautiful and just... Wow! I'd love to see where they go from here, hoping you'll continue it. That last chapter had me in tears. The whole thing was so emotional! You did a wonderful job
ninaluvsathena chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
I freaking love this story! So different yet so in-character it seems like it could actually happen :)
rational chapter 8 . 11/4/2014
Well, that was fairly harrowing and heart breaking. I think you really hit on something with Killian and how he might respond to further loss. I've never really thought before about how he's never learned to grieve properly and actually let go, but it makes sense for him. I really liked this story. I noticed it's not marked completed, but it does seem like you could stop here and have it be a full story. Were you going to write more?
Guest chapter 8 . 10/30/2014
omg
i love this so much
so much
please update soon
fanfiction is like crack to me
i need more
colourmehappy chapter 8 . 10/26/2014
this is so viscerally beautiful, and heartbreaking, and real. I've been so drawn into the whirlwind of emotions here; you have written it so well, and honestly. I think it's hard to find fic that deals with a subject like this, and does so in such a wonderful and brutal way. I'm glad to see these totally devastated and broken characters start to rebuild themselves, and open themselves up to one another again, and how hard they are having to push themselves and one another to do so. I really look forward to reading what comes next for the two.
psymplemind chapter 5 . 10/11/2014
Very realistic! Good job,!
psymplemind chapter 4 . 10/11/2014
This is incredibly realistic and tragic to real life couples dealing with the loss of a child...this is just like WOW... so much depth and insight...it's tragic to read but so dead-on correct/realistic
Most couples that lose a child have residual and lingering guilt and end blaming themselves or each other and separate/divorce
One of the MOST difficult things to live through
Reader chapter 8 . 9/26/2014
Oh gosh. What, why, how. Why is he gone. Noo. At least they're not blaming themselves, at least not too much, for his passing, so it's not some dumb accident at home or not picking him up in time or whatever else. And I'm sorry for them, this is heartbreaking. I'd like to see this finished, in somewhat content manner, if possible. Wherever they may find it, here or FTL, if they go back, which may not be the best idea. Thanks for sharing.
Marysol chapter 8 . 9/20/2014
I loved the story, but I rarely like or take stories in which characters do so much damage with love and hate, that to a degree they seem to be raping each other. It made me cry, thanks for your guts on bringing the best and the worst of Emma and Killian.
KELS B chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
Loving this story, they are on their way to healing! Can't wait to see what happens next, update soon
aCinnaMeg519 chapter 8 . 9/2/2014
CONTINUE SOOON? :)
Guest chapter 8 . 8/26/2014
BEST ANGSTY FANFICTION EVER. PLEASE UPDATE ASAP
themissdaisyy chapter 3 . 8/24/2014
omg! my heart is breaking..
Julia chapter 8 . 8/17/2014
This story is just so amazingly beautiful I can't wait til you update
AerisTifaYuffie chapter 8 . 8/1/2014
I really love your fic. The amount of angst and heart wreck in these chapters is unbearable. I have to pause and think about it, but I love it either way. Earlier where it seemed like everything was vague I kept thinking “What could have possibly went completely wrong for her to give up on Killian? He’s begging for crying out loud! She wants him clearly and he never stopped expressing his love for her.” I was angry that she divorced him, and I thought that it was unfair to Henry. And then when things got cleared up in mentioning Henry’s death I was at a loss of words. I felt bad for Emma who had to experience losing her son (not just that he was very young, but it’s never easy for a mother to go through that) and I can see that if she didn’t have the proper help or support she would go into a spiral of depression making the wrong decisions. Ending her marriage was one of them. You made her really in character, because Emma would do something like that I believe. She grew up forced to become so independent and distrusting of others and not letting anyone in. Her son died, she lost her parents and all her friends in Storybrooke, Neal died (she lost him twice already by this point and I am not positive if that means he’s dead again by trying to save Gold), Graham died…all that put an emotional toll on her. In this case, she really needed Killian to understand and not overlook it. I’m sure she believes that everything she touches breaks. And in consequence, she withdrew herself from Killian.

At that same time I can defend Killian by saying that he tried to be there for her. He tried to make her feel better, but how he handles death is much different than her. She acknowledged that, but she didn’t realize until now that they both needed each other to move along. No one can truly be an expert in something like handling death. For the majority of this story I felt bad for Killian. Having Emma force him to sign the divorce papers, end up in the same bar as him with another man, run out on him and generally being mistreated was so saddening. He was always loyal telling her he’ll never stop wanting her. He let himself be vulnerable around her, and let her practically do whatever. So yeah this was a step up to mending their relationship; go to the grave of their son together. I also teared reading about how Henry used to call him dad.

I like how you described how different the two are when it comes to grieving. Emma recognized her son was gone, and fell into a depression of nonstop mourning. Killian couldn’t accept the reality of the situation and so he focused entirely on Emma, which cost him his marriage at the end. Then his mind was preoccupied on the fact that he lost his wife, to which he fell into a depression. So Killian never really got to properly mourn his step-son who he accepted as his own. :/

I love the character development. I have no clue how you’re going to fix their relationship (unless it’s too damaged…wait no captain swan can conquer anything!) but I’m excited to read more. :D
198 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »