Reviews for The Red Coats
jane-with-a-y chapter 22 . 8/16
Love this story!
I know it's too late for Christmas in July and December 25th is months away - but I don't care ... this made my heart happy. xo Jayne
Kal chapter 22 . 6/12
This is such a beautiful fix gad. I'm in love with it. Amazing!
readicted chapter 22 . 1/21
This was a sweet story about the spirit of Christmas and how one person's act of kindness can inspire others in wonderful ways. Thank you for sharing this feel good fic.
readicted chapter 21 . 1/20
Wow, that bit about her donor, Alec, is amazing. Charlie is great.
readicted chapter 19 . 1/19
OMG, Edwward's (and Aro's) kindness was so touching, but Bree's generosity with her gift when she is struggling so herself...Well that brought tears to my eyes. Her good mood from it all finally gave her the courage to call home, and I sobbed. And I think it's a good thing that Bella waited to acknowledge Edward's kind deed, and that she did it simply not making a big deal of it. Edward's unease showed, but his effort also showed. Baby steps.
readicted chapter 18 . 1/19
I'm probably your only reader that was hoping that Edward and Bella held off on sexy time until after dinner. I know, I know. It's just, they didn't have time to really luxuriate in playtime. I'm all for quickies, but it was they're first real encounter. Alas, it was probably better that they did indulge a bit. That way Edward is not so pent up and ready to explode on contact. I figured Bella's neighbors would want to find a way to do something for her. I thought they'd decorate the building, but this sounds so wonderful. Dinner might be emotional for Edward.
readicted chapter 17 . 1/18
I love that he calls her Angel. Hah, there such opposites. Well except that they're both moody. It's just Edward's mean-moody. They should have a strong and passionate family is terrific, and Edward is already pretty amazing at this relationship thing. Sure they'll have some bumps, but it seems worth trying. She knows he's not looking for a fling, so she'll be inclined to be more patient with him. He knows she's been taken advantage of, so he'll try not to take her forgiving nature for granted.
readicted chapter 16 . 1/17
The notes, especially in the mirror are sweet. I laughed out loud at the phone call and Bella getting busted. I love that Charlie expresses his feelings, and that while his ultimate concern is of course, for Bella, he has never revealed the details of Edward's private situation. Wow, I guess Edward has really decided to go for it with Bella. I mean, he even said he missed her. And now he asked her to accompany him as his date. That's big since they could've just went together as friendly neighbors, or for convenience, or some other made up excuse to not admit to themselves that they were really attending as a couple.
readicted chapter 15 . 1/17
Oh that is unspeakably awful. I figured he'd lost his parents on or around Christmas. To lose his entire family and his girlfriend too, oh my. It's understandable why he's shut down emotionally. However, he's already opened up to Bella. Does he not realize that. They could agree to take things slow.
readicted chapter 14 . 1/17
I'm frustrated for her. It's one thing to say you can't and mean it. It's a whole other thing to give mixed signals and then pull back. That's cruel. The oggling and touching and missing, then rebuffing. I'd say Bella should just back off if Edward's made his stance clear, but that's the thing. He's not been clear. Well he's not been consistent in his words and his conduct. I believe I had a good idea about why he is as he is.
readicted chapter 12 . 1/17
I had a feeling they'd make another attempt while they were out. It's so awful. I know, it's happened to me. Twice, exactly one week apart. Jerk came back and snagged what he couldn't carry the first time. I figured it had to be someone who was watching us and knew our routines. So scary and violating. It robbed me of my sense of peace for a while. I had no proof other than a gut instinct that it was my upstairs neighborhood-the husband. It was a quiet garden apartment, two to three apartments per building. First floor, broad dayligt. I had recently overheerd the couple through the walls loudly arguing over money. I also told my husband and the police that although I couldn't prove if, I felt his eyes on me when I'd leave to walk around back to my car. He just always seemed to be watching. It's an eerie feeling. I didn't want to cause an innocent person, but it turned out I was right. And he tried to come back a third time, at night! I heard him as I'd taken to sleeping by the door with a knife. My hubby chased him, while I called the police. He wrote us a letter from jail apologizing and asking for forgivnness. His wife and son continued to live above us and it was painfully awkward. The wife claims to not have known. Like Bella he stole some things that were absolutely irreplaceable. Jewelry that was left to me when my father died. It was his and his mothers (who had predeceased him-cancer). It wasn't so valuable, but it was a treasured inheritance. Also, my camcorder tabs of my baby's first everything. Absolutely devastating. For Bella those coats held so much significance. This was so very cruel.
readicted chapter 11 . 1/15
Tear-jerker.
readicted chapter 10 . 1/15
Kind of figured the burglars were going to strike whilst Edward and Bella were uh, distracted and that Edward would have regrets or anger. Sigh. So there's two huh? How does he know? Also was the dude doing parkour (sp?) Maybe Mike is in on it. Does the scoping.
readicted chapter 9 . 1/15
Well now. Bella is certainly not afraid to ask for what she wants.
readicted chapter 8 . 1/15
Oh gosh. He needs to stop doing that, lol! I'm like Bella in that way-I startle so easily. It happened just moments so. I thought my hubby went down to lock up the house. He must've returned to bed while I was in brushing my teeth. I got in bed, Kindle on to sneak in a bit of reading before bed. Well, he leans over, in the dark and says something and I scream/squealed bloody murder. Probably woke a kid or two (it's after midnight and past bedtime, lol). I completely empathize with your Bella, and my hubby thinks I'm a bit bonkers.
2,536 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »