Reviews for A Good Argument
Amity95 chapter 9 . 7/20/2021
“Some blankets have all the luck.” Love it!
Downton.fangirl chapter 24 . 7/10/2015
Okay so slightly obsessed with this storyline since I found it on tumblr. I loveeee it. Seriously started crying during thsee last two chapters! I knew it was coming from already having read Falling too! Ah! It's marvelous though, the story and writing. I want to reread falling and then go from there :) question though, Mary seemed so dependent on Matthew in the beginning of their relationship, she was the one to visit him at work all the time and beg to go to Oxford, what changed so much that she wouldn't accept him or even think of marrying him? I understand people change, believe me, I just was hoping for a peek into your writing brain?
Sofia chapter 24 . 5/21/2014
I can't believe I was finally able to take some time off to finish this story and omg, I'm sorry I didn't do it before! SO GOOD!
Your writing is such a pleasant read. I just adore everything about this universe you've created.
You're wonderful! Xx
New Hogfan chapter 24 . 5/7/2014
I don't know how I missed the last chapter and epilogue.
I'm so glad that your wrote "Falling" first because it helps from making the last chapter really sad.
After reading this story about Matthew and Mary's history Lavinia never really stood a chance.
You did a great job with this story and "Falling" and I look forward to the new chapters of
"All Over Again".
AmeriGirlTN chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
Just wanted to ask, Are you hiding under the desk? Love your writing but this ending kills me. Really glad you wrote "Falling" first. Looking forward to AOA. Thanks.
Jenwren chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
Loved it! Great to see this bit again from Matthew's perspective. Sorry to see this end, but happy about the new one. Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
This has been such a wonderful story and I loved following it.
Sad it is over!
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 24 . 5/4/2014
Oh my poor darlings!

I do think Matthew made a mistake in proposing now, but I really can't see him (or any man, to be honest) react in a different way after Mary's refusal. And it's not like they can undo what happened.

I really like how you took the canon events and updated them to the modern times. It was different in canon, where Matthew was left unsure of Mary's love for him. He knows she does love him here, only that is not enough, and maybe he is also partly right, but really, they are so young still, and I could understand Mary's resistance so well, even identify with it.

Well, thank goodness, you already wrote a sequel! But this was wonderful and entertaining, my dear. Be very proud of it :)
fulgur chapter 24 . 5/3/2014
Oh, thank you for those two instalments! Amazing story of yours; Falling and A Good Argument. Now I'm waiting impatiently for All Over Again! Chapeau bas!
Lifewithcourtneyy chapter 24 . 5/3/2014
...you... Yes you there... You are evil... I now require tissues...
DAGuest chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
So glad you wrote this prequel despite the sad ending. It was truly well written. Can't wait to see more happy times with "All over again"!
Nenski chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
Sad to see this end, even though I knew what the ending would be. And since it ended on a sad note, I'm re-reading Falling to remind myself that they're end game. :)

Great story! And looking forward to your continuation of All Over Again! Cheers!
Guest chapter 22 . 4/30/2014
Matthew got her a ring!
I think that Mary would love the ring because it came from Matthew.
EJ96 chapter 24 . 5/2/2014
Great chapter, great ending :)
luvgoround chapter 23 . 5/2/2014
Knew this day was coming. Still want to shake some sense into them. He didn't have to delete her number...:(