Reviews for Black Demon
idreamofdraco chapter 8 . 2/24
Okay, I've finished now and I've had a little bit of time to process, but how to process? ? How? ?

This story completely defied my expectations and in such a good way. In an earlier review, I had mentioned the photo that Ginny found of Harry, Sirius, and Co. and my prediction that Sirius would find the photo and react badly to it. I got the impression from the title (which I thought referred to Sirius! Maybe it did in the beginning, but not so much by the end, yeah?) and the summary and the first couple chapters that Sirius was going to be this sort of angry, unhinged, almost-mad presence for a lot more of the story than he ended up being. Which is NOT a bad thing! It was really painful (as in moving and heartbreaking and emotional and other synonyms that I don't need to list here; I am NOT saying that your writing was painful...) to read him that way, confused and paranoid and so full of rage. I was happy to read him moving on and accepting his memories/his past/his life/Ginny much sooner than I anticipated. It led to some very sweet moments that we might have missed if the story had been more angsty. I'm very glad this wasn't all dark dark dark, anger anger anger. This turned out to be a true story of recovery and second chances, not conflict (between Ginny and Sirius), and I adore that.

I think you know by now how much I love teamwork between characters in *love*; I love the support they give to each other when they think they have to face a trial alone. That's EXACTLY what this story turned out to be, and I couldn't be any happier or any more emotional about it. ;o;

No seriously, I've been processing for a few hours and I'm still emotional about it.

Anyway, you've converted me to this pairing. It's unfortunate that Ginny was 13-14 when she knew Sirius best in canon because there was so much opportunity for development between them while the Weasleys were staying at Grimmauld Place. I think you handled that so well in G and S's memories here, though. They were exactly what each other needed in the during-canon memory bits, without descending into anything squicky.

Your writing, as always, is so emotive and beautiful and I don't know how you manage to pull those emotions out of me with your words or how you make it look so easy, but I'm so glad you that you do because I can very seriously honestly say that your writing makes me excited to read fan fic in a way I have not felt in literal YEARS. And when I say years, I mean a good 7-plus years. I know I've said it before in reviews for WGF, but I just feel the need to tell you every time it's true. No pressure or anything. ;)

Okay, that is all.
idreamofdraco chapter 5 . 2/24
WHAT A TERRIBLE PLACE TO END A CHAPTER. I told myself this was going to be the last one I read tonight, but how the heck do you expect me to stop there? This story is going to end up in my dreams, I just know it.

Also, as I’ve said, Sirius has always been one of my favorite characters. So reading about him dying was bad enough from Harry’s point of view, thank you very much! Reading his death from Sirius’s own POV was complete agony. I cried and it was all your fault. I might be crying now, but I won’t admit it. u_u
idreamofdraco chapter 4 . 2/24
So much anxiety in this chapter (mine and Ginny’s). I felt Ginny’s fear all the way through, that sense of something ending soon (even though there’s still 4 chapters left?). I’m just so glad this story is NOT ending yet. It’s so beautiful and sweet and sad. Continuing on!
idreamofdraco chapter 3 . 2/23
I’ve been thinking about this story all day long, just waiting to leave work so I can read some more. ;o; I honestly thought Ginny was going to ask Harry over, despite what Kingsley said, but I’m glad Sirius got to reunite with blood family that he likes. ;o; I wonder if he knows he’s missing years and years of memories. You’d think Andromeda aging would have tipped him off at least. I just know Sirius is going to find that photo Ginny hid in a drawer. There’s no way he doesn’t see it eventually, and I wonder how he will react to it... This was such a sweet chapter. Looking forward to more. ;o;
idreamofdraco chapter 2 . 2/23
I wish I could leave emojis and/or gifs as reviews here because you would be inundated with the hallelujah hands and my favorite Elmo on fire gif. I wish I’d gone to bed earlier so I could have more time to read another chapter. Why must I go to work in the morning? ? ? Why did I do this to myself? ? ?
idreamofdraco chapter 1 . 2/21
I came to read Seven as a little bedtime story and somehow I ended up here instead. Omg. I have never considered this pairing before, but considering how much I love Snape/Hermione time travel stories, this is RIGHT up my alley (the connection makes sense in my head). Sirius has always been one of my favorite characters, but I haven’t read any fic ABOUT him because he died before I got into fan fic, and his death has always been a fixed event in my personal canon and in almost every story I’ve read. But exploring a brand new pairing I’ve never read before is super exciting. I’m just mad I haven’t tried this before. ;o;

I am mildly appalled that you would call a 66K-word story “short”, but I honestly can’t even say I’m surprised. Also you are so good at writing mystery, I’m completely drawn in. I’d keep going if I didn’t have to sleep. I just need to know more. D; Looking forward to continuing!
Vans321 chapter 8 . 2/13
Not really one of my main ships but this story totally got me! It was a really interesting concept and I loved the relationship between Ginny and Sirus
Fanstagram chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
This whole thing was so beautiful and so peaceful and so amazing and Honestly it was so fulfilling to read.
brianaangel chapter 8 . 1/28/2017
Such a beautiful ending to an amazing story. Your Ginny and Sirius fanfics are always the best. This one wasn't much different. I enjoyed your Look After You series, and this story is no different. If you're ever in the mood to make another fic with this pairing, I would no doubt love it! Thanks for an awesome story as always.
paulaa90 chapter 8 . 5/15/2016
It took a few moments to realize that Sirius & Ginny were in a dream at the beginning of this chapter, but them reliving their worse nightmares makes senses in the concept of the story. But the way they finally defeated Tom Riddle, because he wasn't Voldemort yet, also cemented their relationship.

I'm so sorry to see such a wonderful story come to an end, but I'm glad to see Sirius & Ginny get their happy ending after all they went thru. I hope to see an epilogue, but if not this is a prefect ending.

Thank you for a great Sirius & Ginny story,
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 8 . 5/11/2016
Lovely plot.
GinnyWeasly24601 chapter 7 . 12/12/2015
Amazing! Your a wonderful write and I have read two of your books. You are really good and I love he you've made the relationship between Sirius and Ginny work wonderfully, I'm a big fan of Siruis/Ginny fanfics, you've made a fanatic book. ;)
paulaa90 chapter 7 . 11/19/2015
So Sirius needs to help Ginny fight off Tom, but is Tom really gone or is he more? I mean he seems pretty real in those dreams and powerful.

It was nice to see that Harry accepted Sirius & Ginny relationship without to much trouble, after all they have been broken up for a bit, but still it was good to see he is on good terms with it.

Also nice to see is that Ron & Hermione are together in this story. I was afraid that Harry would be with her after breaking up with Ginny.

So now e have to see if Sirius can help Ginny fight off Tom in her dreams, and what the whole fall out of him being back and being with her will be.

I know that it's been eleven months since you have updated this story, but I hope that you return to it. It is such a wonderful story.

paulaa90 chapter 6 . 11/19/2015
I loved the reading about Sirius time with Andromeda, and it was heartbreaking reading when he found the picture of Remus & Tonks. But I was glad to see that it didn't take that long for Sirius & Ginny to make up.

It was also extremely funny to read about Hermione walking in on them as they are about to get it on.

And now that Sirius knows about the blood bond between him and Ginny hopefully he will be able to help her get rid of Tom and these dreams she keeps having.

paulaa90 chapter 5 . 11/19/2015
So I'm thinking that those 3 scratches from the first chapters that Ginny gave Sirius is what connects them. It because of Tom it goes further than just being scratches on both of them.

The beginning of this chapter was just perfect. I loved the tender, passionate moments between Sirius & Ginny, but I knew that it would come to an end as soon as Kingsley showed up. Isn't that the way it always happens. Hopefully they will work this out.