Reviews for Backstage 39: Shock to the System
Alkeni chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Interesting.
Sabrinasidd chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
This was a fantastic read. I have always, ALWAYS loved how your stories get into the deep psychoanalysis of the characters... digging deep, deconstructing them down to the core and then building them back up again in a way that allows your readers to see them in a whole new light. It's fantastic!

This story in particular was mesmerizing in the way that the characters were being deconstructed from the point of view of someone who absolutely HATES them, and yet also respects, loves and needs them to a significant degree as well. I found it amazing seeing Spike's fascination with these people mixed in with his disdain for them as well... where he could so clearly see all their flaws and weakest points, and yet ALSO their most stellar and awe-inspiring qualities as well.

Plus, this story was a mesmerizing exploration of grief and lost love. I particularly adored the description of Buffy from Spike's viewpoint as this fierce, bright perfect force of nature. The comparison of her a 'pure light' as compared to Drusilla's 'purity of darkness' was just... wow... sent shivers down my spine.

It's really difficult for me to choose WHICH of the characters' interaction with Spike I enjoyed the most. Ripper and Xander were delicious in their vicious brutality... Willow was fascinating in her vulnerability... Anya was so much fun with her confused idea on the human state. Dawn was... well, Dawn was annoying, but that's from canon, and I liked the explanation behind why Spike continues to coddle her despite all her being a useless, needy fake. And Tara... Tara was a complete BAMF!

Thank you so much for the fic. It was fantastic, and it's wonderful to see that you're still writing.
ANARCHY RULES chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
I thought that this was really good.