Reviews for The Tale of the Three Sisters
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
Oh, neatly done! I really like this.
Good Idea chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
This version of the Deathly Hallows is much better than the original. To me it did sound pretty stupid that Death was mad because the brothers didn't drown in a river; hundreds of people narrowly escape death around the world and you wouldn't see death's personification throwing a tantrum because of that. Death being a mere and insane man makes far more sense that he could be defeated. After all, how would the youngest Peverell brother have been able to hide from Death all those years. The fable implies that Death could not find him because he was constantly wearing the cloak. It also implies the third brother's son had to have spent his life under the cloak becuase he wasn't supposed to have existed (the brothers were supposed to have died in the river meaning that his son wouldn't have been born). If his son was not supposed to exist, then neither would have his decendants and we don't see always Harry and James hiding under the cloak to escape death.

The Deathly Hallows being an acknowledgement of thanks for kindness is a refreshing change from the usual book and fanfics where everyone has to kill in order to get power.

Peverell and Peril sound alike. At first I thought the etymology of Peverell was peril, but I couldn't find any evidence of that, so I'll just have to assume the name was lost to time.
duj chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I like this version much better than the male one. Pity the Potterverse is so relentlessly Brit-centric.
hwyla chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
And 'Peril' sure sounds a great deal like 'Peverell'...

How nice to see the Hallows as rewards for kind behavior rather than 'gifts' that bring something to negate them as tricks from Death for having outwitted him.
Random number generator chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
"left her to her fate" is a bit clunky.