Reviews for Time and Again
idiot101 chapter 8 . 14h ago
Stunning story. Something absolutely new.
JasonDragon64 chapter 8 . 3/30
This story only improves with each chapter. Giving Harry a stupid reason for being unable to learn occlumancy was a masterful touch, as was having Xander give an empathetic ear to the teenager. Do keep going!
Furionknight chapter 8 . 3/29
I look forward to more :)
Navn Ukjent chapter 8 . 3/29
Nice chapter again.

I think that Xander should investigate a bit further to see what else Harry doesn't know that he should, such as his parents will, their gravesites, details about his inheritance, various political issues and so forth.

It would also be prudent to help him get protections against various mind tricks such as his charmed eyecover provides for Xander.
Chi Vayne chapter 8 . 3/28
So on the one hand Harry can avoid 'lessons' with Snape, but on the other hand he is vulnerable. I wonder if there is a trick Xander can teach Harry that will accomplish the same thing?
Beloved Daughter chapter 8 . 3/28
Another great chapter update! Very interesting about the Black family politics... :D
mwinter1 chapter 8 . 3/28
Awaiting more.
Pedro52 chapter 8 . 3/28
nice;;.
Navn Ukjent chapter 7 . 3/17
Nice story so far.
EvE79 chapter 7 . 3/16
Even if it was short, I liked the conversation between Minerva and Xander. Perhaps you could do a flashback on how he two met? Maybe by telling the class?
Aria Dragoncrest chapter 7 . 3/15
Excellent as aways
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 7 . 3/15
In Hermione's defense, JKR only officially created 3 spells that were actually evil, even if several others could easily be misused. As a result, she was unlikely to ever truly go dark. On the other hand, she did become someone who could justify removing her parents memories of ever having her, basically destroying 17 years of their lives. Hmm, well, looking at both sides I doubt she'd ever have gone so far as to be a danger to fellow magic users, but the ability to do that to her own parents suggests that no muggle would ever have been safe from her. She learned this lesson from Albus naturally, if the 'Greater Good' (as defined by her) ever required her to do evil again I'm scared just what she would be willing to do.

It all goes back to JKR's story of course, she started Hermione off as a source for moving the story along, a character that could provide just the right bit of information to help Harry along simply by saying that she read it somewhere. I'm pretty sure the access she was given to the restricted area of the library was intended to further say that she had access to those oh so helpful bits and pieces that were needed. Thinking about that you have to consider just what was in the restricted section and the only times JKR showed that was when Harry broke into the section and then just what was in 'Moste Potent Potions'. For the first, Harry walked through a scene of nightmare where some of the books screamed out at him as he passed as if they were possessed by spirits in terrible agony. Now, it is possible this was a result of a ward that Harry didn't know about, but JKR never gave us an example of what a student with permission to e there would experience. So consider it, just what was so necessary for Hermione to know that she would learn in an environment like that?

For the only book we saw that came from the restricted section, "Moste Potent Potions', we find potions that twist the bodies, minds, and souls of those they are used on. To be fair, many of these potions may have a genuinely good use, the fact that we only saw the darker aspects while they were looking for polyjuice doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does suggest that the book as a whole might just be dark.

So what does all this mean? I suppose that while I was trying to defend Hermione I realized just what JKR did, she created a cute little girl that believed in first year that being expelled from Hogwarts might just be worse than death, and turned her into someone capable of destroying the love her parents had for her, because removing most of 18 years of their lives so they'd forget their little girl couldn't help but to fundamentally alter who they were. Any parent should be horrified by just what happened there.
Pedro52 chapter 7 . 3/15
Nice
Keldin chapter 7 . 3/15
I know I'm not the first one to ask this, but the TtH version has thirteen chapters, and near as I can tell, this isn't a rewrite. I liked it on TtH, and I like it here, but I'm mostly curious if I'm missing something, or if there's a reason there's so long between chapters?
Kling chapter 7 . 3/14