Reviews for It's All in What You Use as Bait
Fuyu no Sora chapter 1 . 8/10
You know, I'm feeling nostalgic and decided to re-read some of your older stories, which made me remember a question I've had for years: Grimalkins as a rule cannot be understood by those that cannot perform mid-level Sorcery or at least that have the potential to do so. Amoretta can speak to and with Grimalkin probably because of her angelic core, but how the heck do Tahlea and Cress do it? Tahlea wouldn't be able to perform Rune magic, let alone mid-level Sorcery, and Cress is a child. Does this mean that Cress has inherently the potential to be a great magician like her mother?
Pope William T Wodium chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
And here I was afraid that Cress was planning to poison the cookies and watch for the effects in the morning. (I was only afraid for a moment.) Fruitcake is a nicer plan.
commentator.ihy chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I can always look forward to enjoying the things you write. What I love especially are the moments that make me think, "Oh, I never would have thought of that!" Like with the way they play rescue the princess from the evil knight instead of witch because of the way they were raised (so many things have between taken into consideration). Or the various different arguments they make about Santa. I can't imagine having thought up such clever things as a nine year old. Though it makes me wonder, as with many of the stories featuring little Cress, if young children really do act that way. Can they really be that smart? But I'm sure that point of view is from my basically non-existent contact with anyone very far below my age group. Maybe I could try asking one of my friends or family that works with kids.
Either way, I love how insightful everything you do is.