Reviews for Internuntii
Senwe chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Oh God. OH GOD. So, first things first. I love this. I really love this. And had to read this again to be able to make a coherent review and not just smash my head on the keyboard (I mean, that could also be an option, but let’s try to actually communicate instead).
I just wanted to say, that this fic managed to hurt in all the right places.
All the backstories are amazing and give a good explanation as why everyone acts the way they do, the moments of tension had me holding my breath (even if I knew what was going to happen with the damn Anklegator, and everytime Maka left), all the Soma moments that were just amazing, I don’t even have words to explain how much I love them.
It’s really been a while since I literally had the urge to scream after reading a fic, and godamnit I’ve been wanting to since I finished reading it yesterday.
Fluffypuppy77 chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
TheSoulReader chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
Holy BRILLIANT Batman! Jesus Christ! My heart!
Crazyrebelscarves chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Aw man. I've read this story about ten times, and I always get all smiley-sad at the end. It's fucking late here rn, so I apologize profoundly for this shit-ass review, but just know that this story has really touched me, and I'll probably be reading it again in a couple of months, try to leave a better review, and fail because I'm leaving this one.

But yeah, thanks anyway, for writing it and all (not for making me cry, jerk).
seekingtomorrow chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Omg I love this! Bastion is one of my favourite games and this fic is so true to both the SE and Bastion universe, it's amazing. I can sorta see the resemblance between Soul and the Calamity Kid now haha.
The little nods to the SE world, like the black blood/Jawson Bog hallucinations were so fantastic and I love that Kid got the duelling pistols and Maka fashioned a scythe using the Brusher's Pike and War Machete.
Also, can I just gush over how much I love love love that Maka and Soul kind of occupied roles in which they were both the Kid and Zia? That was pure brilliance, what with Soul's musical talent and hammer, and Maka's role as the protagonist and being the one to rescue Kid.
I cannot put into words how much I love this fic. Really great worldbuilding, amazing detail, and characterization. So well done.
AceOfBlueSpades chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Words cannot express. This is an amazing story and it's so well done.
Ash-Boss chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I read this all in one sitting!
First, I need to say, I've never played or heard of Bastion.
However, this story was still easy to get into and visualize. There were a few things (which I don't remember anymore) that confused me, but nothing major.

At first, I wondered why you hadn't put in like all the bad guys from Soul Eater, but then I just noticed that it created suspense. I didn't know Stein was the cause, I didn't think Kidd would ever be so hostile towards Maka, I mean dang!
AND THEN WHEN SHE STAYED AT THE URA AND SOUL CAME TO RESCUE HER ONLY TO FIND OUT SHE LEFT ON HER OWN WILL! Ohhhhh, I cried. I bawled.
And when they picked up Kidd to leave for "home", I thought they all were gonna die, and I just pleaded to God that that wasn't gonna be how it ended!
AKFNADKGNSKNSKFNSKNF! This actually has to be one of my favorite Soul Eater AUs (even though it killed me. Like seriously, my throat was burning, my eyes were blurred by tears... I had to cover my mouth so not to sob!).
GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT JOBBB!
(I hope to draw some fanart of this, if that's okay. It's stuck in my mind now. Gah!)
Danibat chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I love this AU, love it. I love it so much that I've been trying to formulate a review to do this story justice for 3 days. I've never played Bastion and had not heard much about it, so when i say you did a great job of explaining the world the SE characters are in, I mean it. Your world building here is great. The characterization is also fantastic, every journey and interaction the characters have make absolute sense. I still can't fully describe how much I enjoyed reading this. I know I will come back and read this story over and over again in the years to come.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
This was so amazing. You're seriously talented.
Sqidly chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
This was so beautiful. It brought the world of Bastion to startling life. And you stayed true to the storyline while also keeping it in line with the characters core selves. Absolutely loves it :)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
"...I mighta met you in another life, you seemed so familiar."

Wow. Um. Wow. *claps* Epic worldbuilding, and the characters are all recognizably themselves even through the changed background. I can appreciate the parallels to canon - Soul gave Maka the materials for her first scythe, "black" blood, their interactions and battles led to the new scythe, Stein kept getting worse (and the cracked lens), and Maka loves flying. And their actions all flow naturally from from earlier events. Even Spirit's work was foreshadowed by Stein's initial reaction to his name. (And the thought that they'd reset things before and had the whole mess repeat over and over is scary. The raising of the Bastion is, quite literally, a clean break.)
Checkers Lime Viola chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Dear lord, this was amazing .
Necessary Degree chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Now that I'm done crying, I can properly review!

First and foremost, /how dare you/? Who gave you the right to make us feel so much over an au? No. That is not okay. This will NEVER be an okay thing to do. Think about what you did gdi.

I'm gonna be honest, I cried a lot during this (since i just marathoned the entire thing instead of putting it off). I cried in the beginning, before Maka was found and I cried during the anklebiter arc and cried a whole lot in the lil bit in which Kid shares his story of his wife and I cried when Maka cried those few times and Spirit AND FRICKING WES OKAY.

I cried a lot and now my face feels gross.

I really love your writing style, I don't know if I've mentioned this or if it's just something I've thought, but I don't even know what it's called, the thing I like so much. I can say it's the characterization and how you shaped SE to fit with this AU WITHOUT adding a crap load of extras and making it crowded. I also admire how you killed off characters. Heartless7
(not actually heartless but im in pain so deal)

I meant to write down more, but I think I only remembered to note two lines: 'When the world had been reduced to a few floating rocks in the sky, it felt good to have an anchor' because I don't know. It just like tugged at my heart and sent my shipping senses going haywire. (also if you couldn't tell, I cried here too). And the second line (which I didn't write down word for word) but it was when Maka burned her hands and had Stein wrap 'em up for her and wanting to keep them at arm's length. It's a lil past midnight and I made the ugliest most obnoxious cackle/laugh/whatever at that line before catching myself and gaaah yessssss.

AND MAKA WHEN SHE GOT BACK FROM RETRIEVING THE HAMMER. IM P SURE MY EMOTION BOX IS A KIND OF SHRIVELED UP NUGGET RN

(okay sorry to cut this short after taking foreverto read buti can't see words properly anymore. Expect seemingly random spewings of tears and praise and screaming as I reread it a bunch of times!)
RaiiderBaybe93 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Wow! I Loved This Story :)
Especially The Way Soul Was Described I Could Totally Picture Him In My Head
TheClumsyThief chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
I enjoyed this so much! You described the world of Bastion beautifully, and gave such depth to the beloved SE characters. It was so easy to be swept up by this story. The Kid always reminded me a bit of Soul, so I was delighted to find your story- it did not disappoint! Thank you so much for sharing this.