Reviews for Taken
pinksugarrush chapter 14 . 2/12
I hope that Thranduil is okay! I would just cry if Thranduil died, too. Tauriel's dying scene was very touching.

Poor Legolas.

Please update soon! I love it so far!
saaad chapter 14 . 1/25
Sad ending, but that gave the story a fear factor.
Vija-Thorn chapter 10 . 1/14
Era
I had hoped that you hadn't reviewed on anonymous so I could reply to you. But I will anyway, just in case you see it.
I respect your opinion and you seem like you're obviously more of a hardcore fan then I am.
When I started this fanfic I had never intended to write past Legolas getting saved but I continued because of all the positive reviews and attention it got. The reason I started it at all was because it was supposed to be practice for a lord of the rings timeline story I wanted to write. But after seeing Desolation of Smaug it spurred me into writing this. If I had started it after I had seen the battle of five armies then it probably would have went down a different path.

As for characterization, I know better than anyone that I'm not good at writing multiple characters at once. So if scenes with many characters seem shallow and ooc then I apologize. I was mostly focusing on the elves in this fanfiction because of this. I barely delved into any of the dwarves thoughts or dialogue at all. I'm not an author and I didn't feel like I could do any of them justice.

I'm sorry that this story didn't go exactly how you desired it to and that you couldn't enjoy it for what it is. But I wasn't writing it for one person. It's impossible to make everyone happy and I'm NOT a professional author and I don't pretend to know the inner workings of Tolkien's characters and story. I wrote this to appease my desire for a different ending. I wrote this not for any specific person but myself. If you didn't like it, I'm not making you read it. There will always be people who do and don't like my art and written works. It's just a fanfiction. I just hope there is some fic out there that will fill you desire for the 'perfect' story.
Era chapter 10 . 1/14
I loved this fic untill this chapter.

Earlier you wrote it like the situation was noboddys fault, now you write it like Tauriel is withoud blame.

I'm also botherd by you writing the elves as being the narrow minded ones when the dwarves are at least equaly if not more narrow minded. Thranduil did offer help, but Thorin not only declined but insulted the King, AFTER trasspassing his land and not being willing to explain even why. Thranduil had EVERY right to imprison them. At the very least, the dwarves should have stayed polite and explained at least something. Instead they gave attitude insults and no explenations at all.

Also Thranduil has just causes to dislike elves. Also what I hated about movie Tauriel was how a mary sue she was and how they made Thranduil and Legolas seem wrong when compared to her.

i liked your fic because you undid some of that. you made her a cool character withoud destroying the image and truths of Legolas and thranduil. But now in this chapter you make the same mistakes the movie made. Making Legolas and Thranduil seem narrow minded while she seems wise and thats just bull.

It's not that simple. Tauriel did make mistakes, she did betray her people, and Legolas helped her regardless of that. The moment Kili was safe she should have gone after him. She did not.

I hate what the movies have done to Thranduil and Legolas their characters. They behave very different then they did in the books.
(Book Thranduil is VERY different from movie Thranduil. I have a whole list with differences that I can name to prove this. Everyone who thinks book and movie version are similar either didn't properly read the parts with Thranduil in it, or are blinded by their dwarf love to see their faults and make the elves seem worse in their head to justify that.

I love the dwarves ( I adore Bofur Fili and Balin so much :3) but I also love the elves. Thranduil and Bilbo where my favorite characters in the book...so it hurts me when people portray Thranduil as just greedy or just spitefull withoud good reasons. Thats not how he is at all. Not even the movie version really. His movie version is much worse then his book version, but even his movie version isn't as bad as people often write him.

he is NOT wrong in his handlings of the dwarves. he is justified. But people don't look at his side of the story, only the dwarves side. An I hate it when injustice is done to characters.

The very fact Legolas even says to Tauriel that he and his father where wrong and she was not and the reason for it was narrow mindedness is just not cool. There is much much more going on. It's not a case of childish dislike. And until this chapter I thought you understood that.

Yes the movie versions make mistakes, ALL 3 of them. (back to how I hate what the movies did these characters because both Legolas and Thranduil are ooc and Tauriel looks like a mary sue because of that (among reasons) But lose from how unfair and untrue the movies are towards the mirkwood elves, even INSIDE those actual movies, Tauriel made LEGID mistakes.

Again all 3 of them did. (And the dwarves as well, in fact everyone in these movies make mistakes. Everyone seems equaly to blame for at least something in the movies accept maybe Elrond and Galadriel..but ok :P ..which is ok actually because everyone makes mistakes in real life too.)

But yes Tauriel did make mistakes. And at first you write it as such. you write all of them making mistakes and that what happend was not really directly anyones fault and just happend.

And then you undo that masterpiece like work in this chapter by having Legolas say something else.

You should it have kept it as ''not anyone's fault' instead of going from ''Its Tauriel's fault'' to ''it's Legolas and Thranduil's fault'' Because neither is correct.

It's everyone. It's Thranduil not just letting the dwarves travel trough, It's thorin for not accepting help or just explaining like a proper king what he is doing (asking to be allowed trough with negotiations as a king should) It's Kili's fault for getting tauriels attention, It's Tauriel's fault for not being loyal to her people (who took care of her and gave her a high position despite her 600 young elven age), It's Legolas Fault for going after them on his own. (Yes the orcs would have escaped which is a problem. BUt you should not risk your life to quickly) It's Fili, Bofur and Oin's fault for not Helping Legolas instead of Tauriel while she was healing Kili, It's the orcs fault for being orcs.. :P It's Smaug's fault for taking the mountain in the first place and making this whole quest happen in the first place. It's The dwarves fault for straying off the path (if they didn't they would not even have been captured by the elves to begin with), It's Thror's fault for being so greedy he got so much gold that lured Smaug in to begin with. It's Azog's fault for making Bolg (I am not sure how..but they do say Bolg is spawn of Azog so there is that.) And the list can go on and on.

And you sort of captured that very well in the before chapters to the most part. Which made me really happy because it's sp hard to find fanfics that have a true and fair portrayel of both elves and dwarves. One where Tauriel is in it, but her romance with Kili is not so over the top and she is less like a mary sue. I loved your version of Tauriel, while I got annoyed by her movie version (well not so much her herself, as the way she was used and what dialoge she got which more often does not clashed with what Tolkien wrote and already established)

So I'm sorry, but you lost this reader. I do think your a good writer though and hop you'l keep writing. I just also hope that in the future you will not undo good things you wrote yourself.

You got it right in the before chapters. nice and neutral. This chapter undo's that and that just isn't fair to actual characters of Legolas and Thranduil. They are still elves, and Thranduil even an older one by elvisg standards. He stil is wise. Maybe not Elrond or Galadriel wise, but wise none the less.

Also the saying : Less wise more dangerous, is actually about Silvan elves. Not Thranduil. Tauriel is an silvan elf and thus should be the less wise one. not wiser. That makes no sense. They used the sayong on Thranduil instead of the actual silvan elves. And that bugs me a huge deal. they pulled Tokiens words out of context.

And I had hoped you would not have, because you where doing so well..
Sajna18 chapter 14 . 1/11
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it!
laceefun chapter 8 . 1/1
Oh my god so much emotion in this chapter you really made me tear up. You captured Thranduil's emotions so well within his character. It seemed so like him that I ca just imagine the scene playing right before my eyes. I love you for this chapter.
ScribeOfRhapsody chapter 14 . 12/31/2014
DUDE. You cannot leave us hanging like this! lol Come onnnn, you only need like one more chapter! *gives you Bofur's hat filled with biscuits* Pleeeeeaaaseeee?
laceefun chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
Aaaaahhh so many twists! No Legolas don't suspect Tauriel and your father, they mean well!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/23/2014
This was by far one of the best fanfic I have ever read. I stayed up all night reading it. I wish this is how the real book and book went. Lossing toriel in battle just makes sense. And saving the three hottest dwarves is a much better ending. Lol and when I watched the the last move I just wanted thranduil to hug his son so badly, you made that happen. Thanks for takng the time to write this out. Even if u never pst the lazt chapter it ends perfectly well right here. Its great!
Alana chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I love this premise. I do think that the threat of Thranduil would be more fearsome than Tauriel though. But maybe Legolas is trying to hide his heritage so they won't use him to blackmail his father...
lynn chapter 14 . 11/21/2014
excellent story
Issa chapter 14 . 7/14/2014
I love elves in battles. The sadness is always part of war victory.
I am looking forward your story.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
Dude he comes out in da lord of da rings and da hobbit is a backstory of da lord of da rings so he's ok
Nyt Yanse chapter 14 . 5/3/2014
Any chance of that last chapter? This has been a fantastic story so far, it would be tragic to leave it here.
Procrastinator12 chapter 8 . 4/14/2014
Welp. This chapter turned out very well methinks. Emotions captured perfectly!
You are making me into something of a Thranduil fan, by the way. First his super-awe-some-badass-orc slaying, and now this! He's growing on me.