Reviews for Hermione Granger and the Perfectly Reasonable Explanation
JLawrence Kenny chapter 24 . 7/19
Finally, a time-travel story with a premise i can get behind. Also hello from r/rational and r/hpmor. I look forward to more philosophical ponderings on nonlinear time, especially with A.D. now in the fray. Thank you, by the way, for making him a very clearly moral character without departing from his canon character, I think youve nailed him.
Purpleread chapter 6 . 7/12
Ahh so many good things in this chapter- I love Tonks, and Hermione's wrestling with the ethical dilemma of the spirit of the law vs the letter, how practicing on the train tied back to her (canonical) comment about trying out some spells "but they've all worked for me," the differences between Padma and Parvati (and Hannah) and all that filling in the gaps from the train scene, the whole dragonblood toothpaste theory (not as unreasonable as it sounded!XD)
Purpleread chapter 5 . 7/11
So it begins! Poor Hermione. I like how you set up the obliviation business.
Purpleread chapter 4 . 7/10
"All of them wore slightly differing versions of a similar expression, one that said they were eager to follow the letter of every law and had nothing but respect for authority, but were nevertheless a bit uncertain about policemen who could /erase people's memories./
Which was as it should be."
Hahaha! Thank you for that gem.
Also loved your Worm shoutout- I happen to be in the middle of that right now too- it's great, isn't it? Horrible and sad and omg, but so so great.
Oh- mild constructive critique, if you're interested. The first time I read this through I remember being very on the fence about this fic because I thought I'd be getting a Hermione Mary Sue. Having seen all you do later on, those worries have been thoroughly disavowed, but I think it would help your story's case to tone down how impressed people are with her, especially at the start of their interactions. Just a thought. Otherwise, love this story, so happy you updated, looking forward to rereading on!
Purpleread chapter 3 . 7/10
w00t! Now we've begun. Good chapter; if transition-ey. You have a fantastic grasp of young Hermione's character, and I love how it shows through everything she does.
Purpleread chapter 2 . 7/10
Omg, I forgot how funny this fic was. Thank you for updating; I'm looking forward to the reread!
summerful21 chapter 24 . 7/7
So glad you're back! Also glad we are finally back to present day, more or less. Fic continues to be amazing quality. Loved Nurse Wainscott's Patronus thought-a nod to HPMOR there? Can't wait for the next update.
AndrewWolfe chapter 14 . 7/7
While I'm stopping here - before starting with part 14, Chapter 11 as you title it - I want to say that this is very well done and I'll be paying attention to anything else you write. I simply can't continue as the direction you're taking it in is uncomfortable for me. Your writing is good, just not quite good enough to persevere with through my personal issues. Sorry about that, I was enjoying it until we got to this point.
AndrewWolfe chapter 3 . 7/7
Really niggling britpick, here, but the Department for Justice hadn't been founded in 1991 (it was still the Lord Chancellor's Department back then, with the prison service still under the Home Office), and has never had a responsibility for law enforcement, which has always been Home Office territory.

And since it was back in the days when public libraries still generally had Halsbury's Laws of England in the reference section, Hermione would have known that the Witchcraft Act 1735 actually made the practice of genuine magic legal while criminalising the fraudulent pretence of specific magical practises: it was a theoretical defence under the Act to show that you were the genuine article. (Your problem with the DMLE would just be starting, however...)

In any event, the Witchcraft Act was repealed under the Fraudulent Mediums Act of 1951 at the behest of the Spiritualist churches, who wanted their own specific brand of necromancy decriminalised so long as it was done either for pure entertainment or not for profit.
wickwynn chapter 13 . 7/5
Jeepers! This story has taken an incredibly unexpected turn. I'm dashed enthused to continue reading! Lovely story all 'round, and these bits about the future memories and possible future-self spiritual possession have added a rather unique level of intrigue on top of what was already some top-tier character development and world-building. Although I must say, having Nurse Wainscott say "I'm quite positive there's nothing in your head that didn't originate from your own mind" had a bit of the grit of over-thick cake frosting. Yes, I see what you did there - I'm sure all your readers did. The curious thing is that Hermione did not. Foreshadowing enough for narrative tan lines, I think. Not that I could do any better, personally, of course. Love the story.
Aniko chapter 24 . 7/5
Welcome back! This was a fantastic chapter and I look forward to more! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for this amazing chapter! It was worth the wait. Glad the story is back in progress.
Moginheden chapter 24 . 7/4
YAY! New chapter!

This is one of the better Harry Potter fanfics I've seen, (and the other ones have all stopped updating.)

I always thought Hermione fit better as a Ravenclaw, but it's hard to get her to interact with Harry if she's not in his house. You've done that interaction well, and it feels like the characters are true to themselves.
Thank you for the update! This chapter was great.
SereniteRose chapter 24 . 7/5
lovely chapter, I'm glad to see that Hermione is okay, thanks ever so much.