Reviews for Hermione Granger and the Perfectly Reasonable Explanation
I read this through in a single sitting after seeing this recommended on r/r and have very much enjoyed it! Thanks for the wonderful writing :)
Marthinwurer chapter 25 . 9/30
This is amazingly wonderfully good. I love it and I want to read more, because everything makes sense. Please write more. I was up until 3AM reading this and when I hit the end I felt terrible because there wasn't more. But still, thank you for writing this work- it's honestly amazing.
howtoseedeer chapter 24 . 8/18
How interesting! This story is great! It's funny how much I just don't like Harry and Ron now...
This has been very enjoyable.

I've often thought that canon Hermione's choice to champion creature rights would have been easier if she consentrated on human rights in Wizarding Britain first.

The Ministry had an appalling amount of control over it's citizens and tended to abuse it.
Jane Fan chapter 25 . 8/12
I've just read the 25 chapters that are there in one goit's a captivating story and I hope you'll continue it.
I think you are *heavily* overanalyzing a children's book for plot holes. Parts of this chapter seem only a notch above complaining that Looney Tunes is unrealistic because ducks and rabbits don't talk.
Erik chapter 1 . 8/6
Response to A/N: Personally I considered dropping it at the prologue because Mismeasure of Man is a bad choice of book. Gould is a grandstanding fraud who lies, fabricates, steals credit, and claims he's justified because he's doing it to racists.
Grand Witch Alliance chapter 25 . 7/21
My first time reading rational fiction featuring Hermione as the main character. I'm a bit confused as to what's happened to her over the last few chapters. I'm confused as to the parts with Hogwarts: A History as well. Maybe I'm just not attentive enough to understand what's going on. I was hoping for a more clearcut explanation of the scene Hermione encountered in her sort of coma after catching P.P.
Veysha chapter 5 . 7/20
This is a pretty well-written story, and I admit I was looking forward to having a slightly more... logical Hermione in Hogwarts, but I'm afraid I'll have to stop reading after this chapter.
I can see that you're trying to build suspense with some mysteries around in the wizarding world, and judging from your other reviews it's working well (which is all the better, really!) but if there is one thing I hate to see in fanfictions it's the main character getting Obliviated. *especially* if you, as a reader, experienced the removed memory. It's a major annoyance for me, and adding to that that there was no (relatable) reason at all for Ollivander to do this if he had just kept quiet in the first place, this is just putting me off.
In all honesty, why Obliviate (especially as it seems to be irreversible in canon except through excessive torture) isn't an Unforgivable spell, except because they 'need' the Obliviators for the muggles, I don't know...
(And I apologise if you're clearing this up in later chapters, I just... have too negative feelings about certain plot points to keep reading and hoping for solutions that rarely come)

A minor piece of advise though: While it might not be important as this story has been written a while ago, but perhaps look into different names for Hermione's parents. "Daniel and Emma" always leave this bitter aftertaste of them being named after Daniel Redcliffe and Emma Watson, something a lot of (often badly written) Harmony shipping fics use. Just as a heads up what some people - including me - might associate with that.

In any case, the writing itself is very nice as far as I saw (though it seems to me you mixed up some canon facts, like Hermione actually having practised at home before Hogwarts in canon, but that might be intentional), so I wish you well with whatever (else) you're going to write or if you're going to come back to this story. I'm sure many people will love it regardless of my opinion, so don't get demotivated. Tastes differ after all. :)
On your prologue note, you realize that many readers just open the story from the author page/may not be following it with a link that goes directly to the latest chapter? They could just open the Prologue, then skip to the latest chapter/the chapter that they're on. Your prologue stats aren't actually indicative of the "reach of this story"

So no, you're interpreting the viewer stats incorrectly.
Ackamarackus chapter 25 . 6/27
this is lovely, and i really enjoy it. it's not often that i'm this intellectually stimulated. plus ,this was super entertaining, please update this as soon as you are able to.
Ackamarackus chapter 9 . 6/26
What the- pardon- fuck? That's honestly no excuse whatsoever to go about not getting law enforcement involved! I hope when Hermione finds out, she asks around and sends a flipping letter to the aurors. After all, no amount of excuses- especially if people refuse to tell her that they are hiding something in the school- would allow her to feel okay with such an irresponsible and immoral act.
Andorxor chapter 6 . 6/22
i hope Hermione made a small error that makes the colorchange really hard to dispell and Pedigrew stays bright yellow through the whole story
git chapter 16 . 6/4
The protagonist is supposed to be portrayed as smart. Emphasis on supposed. Sadly this just isn't the case. Like a horror movie that needs to add suspense to keep the audience, our almost smart protagonist is forced into dimwitted actions. (Hint: when creating an intelligent protagonist, create equally intelligent antagonists)
ashez2ashes chapter 1 . 5/8
It's a pretty rough prologue. If you think its not indicative of the whole fic, maybe you should consider rewriting it or dropping it entirely.