Reviews for Beneath You Still
marylinevelyn chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I love this! I know you wrote it a million and a half years ago but I wish I could wait for updates or there were more chapters.
Rogue4 chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
God, your such a good writer...(I'm beginning to read your post-lessons story now. You sucked me into the world, damn you :P)

I really hope you decide to at least consider writing another chapter...I known a bunch of people out there would all rejoice. :D

If begging is in order, I guess I can... -Sigh-

Anyway, great story. It seemed like the whole thing was very real too me...Spike's dialogs were BRILLANT. Ignore the gits that say otherwise.

Good job. :D

- Rogue
Fanny chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
OMG! You HAVE to write more! Dont stop there!:( it would be mean!- this is GREAT. keep writing pleeeeeeez
Aquila chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Oh please don't let that be the end! You do crazy talk SO well! Please make a sequel to one of your stories. The characterization and writing syle you have is great! I'll be looking for more.
Lan chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
I really liked this, good characterization, good story, better than their ending. I wish you would continue it in some way.
doesn't live here anymore chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
The ending was just wonderful!
misusspike chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
I've read my share of fics and u win. That was my favorite out of all of the ones I've ever read. You are a splendid writer and I urge you to write more fics, although i hope you leave this one the way it is because I dont believe in messing with perfection and besides this gave a good amount of closure.
anon chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
I wish the real episode didnt leave us hanging. I liked your version of what happens next and i would love it if the next ep comes out sort of like this...your story is very good!
Cheryl chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
that's a GREAT story! it's so sweet! but we all know that it's probally not gonna end like that.

:( oh well! i LOVE it! please please please write more!
Alexia Malfoy chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Oh my gah! That was so good! I was soooooo mad when that was the end of that episode! I wanted to find out what happened next. You did really REALLY good!
Peaches is a pouf chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
woah...hehe, yes you should write more, than I have something to do before the next one comes out. Thanx for poasting this little ficlet.
Wildcard00 chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Now THAT's how its done. More chapters would be appreciated, but that alone was fabulous. Very realistic, Joss-like. : ) Hopefully the show will handle it as well as you did.
Swordspoint chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
I love the ending!
Aisuru1 chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
You wrote that fast! The episode was only on last night, only 16 hours ago (at the time that I'm reading this).

I do hope that the episodes let us see what happens next, and doesn't just pretend that she left him there, in the church, clinging to the cross as if it offered salvation for him despite his demon. I've noticed more religeous/Christianity references to season 7. In 7.1, the reference to "the true beginning. Not the bang, not the Word..." with the Word of course being a reference to The Gospel of John, Chapter 1, verse 1: "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." I remember a sermon given at my church where our preacher (a very brilliant man) told us that the word translated as "word" is a reference to "that which brings order to chaos," which would make sense to the gentile audience he was writing to.

Add this to Spike's finding a church when he feels lost, and clinging to the cross and asking if he can rest. "Come to me, all ye who are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest." I didn't notice these references in other Buffy episodes; maybe its just me. Maybe there is something to it.

What a long review! Anyways, good story! Although, I do think Spike's clinging to the cross was more symbolic then self-mutilation.
Divya chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Wow.

Wow.

This is amazing...you write totally in tune with Spike's words and Buffy's thoughts. I really enjoyed this!